PDA

View Full Version : if i wont pass all module from 147 institute,remain module can i do non147 institute?

rony
2nd Nov 2015, 18:18
I m doing easa 147 b1.1 course in srilanka (under srilankan airlines). Here passing rate is very low ,question is quite hard.even every time rexam is more harder .so there is an another institute where self mode easa part 66 exam going on...it conducted by some German guy.is it okay if I complet 2400 hrs both site but unfortunately wont pass all from 147 institute and remaining exam I pass from outside institute which is not 147 approved.
if I pass some modules from 147 institute and other non 147 institute,what about my work experience need u get the licence..is it 2 years or 5 years?? in future is there any problem will raise for that matter.like getting job..

N707ZS
3rd Nov 2015, 08:39
rony from my experience go and get a few years experience and then take your exams you will find things very much easier.

Capot
3rd Nov 2015, 23:27
There are two ways to the EASA AME Licence.

1. You complete a fully-approved Basic Training course, of 2400 hours minimum, in a Part 147-approved training organisation. It usually takes 2 years full-time work. The course must include classroom teaching in each module and an examination in each, which you must pass, Practical Training and On-The Job Training (OJT) which are not the same thing. On completion you will be awarded a Basic training Certificate. You must then acquire 2 years Work Experience before you can apply for a licence.

2. You take and pass the examination for each module, over a period of, I think, 5 years maximum. You do NOT have to carry out either Practical Training or OJT, but instead you must complete at least 5 years Work experience.

Part 66 Module Pass certificates issued by a non-Part 147 "institute" are valuable only as toilet paper.

Courses which do not provide a Part 147 Basic Training Certificate on completion, but still charge a lot for full-time tuition etc, are invariably a complete waste of money; they are sold by con-men to the gullible. Anyone who does such a course is going down Route 2, and will need 5 years work experience. They need a Pass in each module, and can do that by home study. They do NOT need the Practical Training or OJT that some of these courses include, at huge expense. (The additional 3 years work experience is the substitute for that.)

From what you say, Mr Rony, you are now in Route 1, but struggling to pass the exams. You need either to stay on that course, and complete it with a Pass in all the Modules, so that you get a Basic Training Certificate, and need 2 years work experience, or leave the course now and go down Route 2 (5 years work experience).

In no case should you have anything to do with any "non-Part 147 Institute". It's a waste of money.

If you go down Route 2, you do not need to complete Practical Training or OJT, whatever people selling such training might say. You need to start work as an unlicensed mechanic wherever you can find it, to start acquiring the work experience while you study for and take each exam within the maximum period. The Modules you have passed already, if any, will be accepted, so long as you have a Certificate for each one, issued by a Part 147-approved Training Organisation or a National Aviation Authority in an EASA Member State, but don't forget the "maximum period" started on the date of the first Pass. You will find out what the "maximum period" is by studying Continuing Airworthiness Regulation EU 1321/2014 (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=OJ:JOL_2014_362_R_0001&from=EN) Annex III, ie Part 66, and I strongly recommend you do that. You'll need to know all about the whole of that regulation for Module 10 in any event. (Don't forget you need to know the AMC and GM for Continuing Airworthiness (https://easa.europa.eu/document-library/acceptable-means-of-compliance-and-guidance-materials/reg/continuing-airworthiness) as well.)

By the way, the Lanka Pacific Aviation and Engineering Academy offers Part 147-approved Examinations, under a German Part 147 approval held by Air-Tech Bildung. Is this the "Institute" you mention? They also offer "Modular short courses ...for the students who require assistance before the exams." These "short courses" are NOT Approved Basic Training courses, and are for people going down Route 2.

You need to be aware that EASA is very concerned about these short cramming Module courses run by a Part 147-approved Organisation that then sets and marks the Module exam, especially when this is done at a "remote site", rather than the Part 147 Organisation's base. In spite of the claims on the Academy website, certificates issued in this way may be regarded as invalid, and the practice is likely to become illegal in the near future when revised Regulations are issued.

rony
4th Nov 2015, 18:18
Thanks both of you guys for your concern specially capot...In your post there is lot of important things.I m doing with Sri Lankan technical training or (IAA) under srilankan airlines as I mentioned in my post..its good institute specially practical hours...but here student also huge..this problem not only mine but also major students passing rate is very low..student is failing like 73%,74.5%. theory class is rushing.. whtever now already I m alsmost finishing practical.still I hv around 1yr..already spent too much for tht course so can't leave it.but the thing if I hv some remaining module to pass than what should I do? Is company recruit if I pass like 8/9 ?.or to join need full pass.can I do my remaining module later after joining but not the same institute? Is there any options like I can do it in other 147 institute..which is closer to my home country..

Capot
6th Nov 2015, 15:48
I say again "You need either to stay on that course, and complete it with a Pass in all the Modules, so that you get a Basic Training Certificate, and need 2 years work experience, or leave the course now and go down Route 2 (5 years work experience)."

You seem unsure about whether you are studying to get an EASA licence, or to acquire some certificates to impress a company recruiter. If it's the first, then you must complete the course you are on, including passing all the Modules with that Organisation.

I suggest you read Part 66 carefully (see previous post for reference) before coming back with further questions........ all the answers are there.