PDA

View Full Version : The ISIL / ISIS video

Genghis the Engineer
1st Nov 2015, 10:12
ISIL "shootdown" video

I'm sure that everybody has noticed that there has been a tragedy in Egypt.

A corner of islamic state have claimed responsibility and posted a video claiming that is of the airliner crashing. Pretty much anybody in the world who knows what they are talking about is sure that they probably didn't and this video is nothing to do with the Russian Airbus.

So a question for anybody who would like a challenge - where did this piece of film really originate?

I've posted a link to the top of the page. Needless to say, it's still distressing, and also you might find it wise to turn the sound right down. Anybody who can prove that this bit of film already existed last week will probably be doing the world a great service.

G

treadigraph
1st Nov 2015, 11:15
I've seen a longer bit and the smoke looked rather computer generated to me.

Genghis the Engineer
1st Nov 2015, 21:15
This is a more complete version. You may have a point.

LiveLeak.com - Isis claims in this video shooting down the russian aircraft with a missile (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee4_1446300521#3pmv4zOWiVODsbFo.99)

G

al_renko
1st Nov 2015, 21:32
Isis vs Islamic State vs Isil vs Daesh or what ever they are called rely heavily on the media for there version of events and or credibility.Why claim for something they haven't done?

Fareastdriver
2nd Nov 2015, 10:17
It's not a civil airliner. The smoke, real or generated, is coming from the fuselage area. Civil airliners have the fuel in the wings and there is comparatively little to burn in the centre section.

Their target would not be informed persons who would look at the video from a technical angle. It is for the unwashed who can be persuaded to fight for or support them.

Genghis the Engineer
2nd Nov 2015, 11:06
Interesting point, although the tanks in an Airbus do abbut the fuselage.

I also have nearly convinced myself that the aircraft in the film has a T-tail? - which eliminates anything built by Airbus.

G

Wageslave
2nd Nov 2015, 13:27
Genghis, I posted exactly the same question on the thread in "Rumours and News" - it has been studiously ignored as I think the merry-go-round of futile speculation is more exciting than looking at something that seems too true to be good.

There is such a vast wealth of knowledge on this forum that I'd regard it as impossible for this to have existed before the accident and no one has seen it.
Furthermore, someone somewhere would inevitably recognise/connect it with the event and name it.

Neither of these shows any sign of happening which leads me to suspect this video is exactly what it claims to be.

Unless that video is a fake, and if so its a pretty convincing one, someone somewhere was filming an event they knew was about to happen.

Phileas Fogg
3rd Nov 2015, 08:42
I've read reports that, apparently, the tail separated from the fuselage way up there whilst Genghis believes this diving airframe to have a T-tail which would neither be an Airbus nor one with a separated tail.

I've also read that the wreckage is spread over a vast area, i.e. a mid-air break up, whilst in this video it appears to be falling to earth pretty much intact.

con-pilot
3rd Nov 2015, 17:36
To me it appears to be ‘air to air’ footage rather than ‘ground to air’ footage.