PDA

View Full Version : SpiceJet Bombardier 2015

avicon
30th Oct 2015, 10:07
Hi all

SpiceJet is looking for F/O's on their Bombardier fleet.

They are charging Rs35,000 for the exam and will be selecting 50 candidates.

Given that these crooks did not stick to their selection criteria* during their 737 rated exams 2014, how many will be willing to take a gamble this time.

*Advertisement mentioned 60 candidates will be selected from stage 2 and qualify for stage 3. They selected only 40 candidates from stage 2. This clearly is in breach of the selection criteria set by them.

This discrepancy was brought to the attention of the testing officer, a captain of the highest rank. He simply shrug it off saying, Oh well, the selection is done now. Too late."

betterthandbest
1st Nov 2015, 13:49
so what details so far. how are they handling the selection process this time?
anyways i m on the verge of saying sayonara to the aviation industry

avicon
1st Nov 2015, 18:38
There are currently over 7000 CPL holders in India looking for that first job.
Let's say 4000 at the very least apply for the exam. At 35000 per head, that's a cool 14 Crore rupees, enough to pay the salary of their staff including pilots, for a few months.

Rumour is that 50 candidates who are selected will be charged Rs 40 lakhs each for a self-sponsored Type Rating course on Q400 Aircraft. A Rating on this type can be had from outside at Rs 8 lakhs. Corporate clients gain firther discounts. Lets assume 10 lakhs as the actual cost of TR which the company will bear. That's a savings of Rs 30 lakh per pilot. 30 lakh x 50 candidates = a cool 15 Crore rupees.

Total amount to be made in the latest venture by SPiceJet....to the tune of approx 30 Crore rupees!

avicon
1st Nov 2015, 18:43
Unless the governments steps in and regulate staff hiring, candidates will continue to bear the brunt of these scams. In a climate of job uncertainty, desperate pilots will continue to pour money into any opening they see to gain a foothold in the industry. It is now up to the ministry to protect the interest of the unemployed pilot fraternity.

betterthandbest
2nd Nov 2015, 04:51
you are trying to sing an old song.
what are the real facts? im sure not the one you have posted.
spice would nt be charging that much for the rating. they mostly will charge 50% of it. half would be deducted from salary.
can anyone confirm this.

avicon
2nd Nov 2015, 18:52
I clearly stated that the 40 lakh figure for TR is a rumour doing its rounds. But I wouldn't at all be surprised if Spice charged close to or even more than that amount.

You seriously don't think it cost them Rs35000 per candidate to conduct an online exam, now do you?

betterthandbest
3rd Nov 2015, 05:46
The topic of discussion is the cost for the TR after you get selected.

as i said before 'spice would nt be charging that much for the rating. they mostly will charge 50% of it. half would be deducted from salary.'

40L sounds a bit over-rated.

avicon
3rd Nov 2015, 10:06
Your biggest worry should be whether Spice will select 50 candidates as advertised, or whether they will fall back on their word like they did with their last exam and take a smaller number.

Keep in mind there are 7000 CPL holders who are unemployed in India. Even if you take a conservative figure of 4000 that will apply, they will do so in the hope that there is a some chance of getting selected, albeit a slim one. (1 in 80)

Now imagine if they were to select only 10 candidates. That reduces your chance from 1 in 80 to 1 in 400. When the odds are stacked heavily against you, there will be fewer people willing to take the gamble and apply after paying 35000 plus expenses for the test.

THis is why it becomes extremely important for Spice to stick to their advertisement and select the number of candidates as advertised.

I am one of those candidates who appeared for 2014 thinking I was in for a fair chance. But was duped to know later on that they had reduced the number of candidates they were selecting, thereby decreasing my chances. Had I known that earlier I would not have applied for their paid test.

betterthandbest
3rd Nov 2015, 13:30
you worry about all the 7000.

not all of them will be applying at the same time.
AI only had 3000 people appearing pan India.

cyrilroy21
3rd Nov 2015, 14:45
The 7000 unemployed pilots is one of the biggest rumours that has been floating around in Indian Aviation

The DGCA from Jan 2004 to Dec 2014 issued only 9064 Pilot licenses . If 7000 were unemployed then that means only 2000 Pilots are employed .

Air India alone has 1500 something pilots . Jet Airways has another 1500 . IndiGo is also 1000+ ( actually I believe the numbers are closer 1500 )

A more accurate number of unemployed would be to find out how many apply for mass airline exams like Jet , IndiGo , Air India etc

Jet 2013 and 2014 has 3000+ roll numbers issued . IndiGo JFO 2015 had 2500+ roll numbers issued

For Air India its slightly less than 3000 roll numbers issued ( although i could be wrong about that one since I dont think my numbers for Mumbai are accurate... )

betterthandbest
3rd Nov 2015, 16:30
absolutely,

people usually exaggerate those unemployed pilot numbers. just because someone started a group of unemployed pilots doesn't mean all of them are in the same boat. that group doesn't represent anything except an update for the aviation scene maybe.

avicon
8th Nov 2015, 03:41
Psychometry is computer based with no time limit. Before you take the test, you will be advised to answer only those which you are comfortable with. I have no idea why the capt said this. I'm sure not answering a particular question would amount to negative points in their assessment.

There is no personal interview with SG. Once you clear all the rounds, you're basically in. That is if they hire as many as they advertise, that is. SG is notorious for making changes to the test format on the go, so don't be surprised if unexpected things pop up during/after the tests.

betterthandbest
8th Nov 2015, 11:43
that is yet to be seen when they select the final candidates.

avicon
11th Nov 2015, 15:09
Can somebody pls tell me if SG has declared the date of examination and venue. Is it going to be conducted at multiple centres?

betterthandbest
13th Nov 2015, 08:45
you might as well ask SG

avicon
16th Nov 2015, 13:20
SpiceJet was supposed to close registration for TFO Q400 on 15 Nov 2015.
Today is 16 NOV, and you can still go and register for the exam. :D

SpiceJet has already gone against their own advertisement even before the exams haves started. Like I said folks dont be surprised if unexpected events pop up during/after the tests.

They will change the test format, change selection criteria, change the min pass mark, change the number qualifiers at every round and finally change the number of candidates they will induct.

:yuk: Disgusting to say the least, after paying them 35,000 RS for the opportunity.

betterthandbest
16th Nov 2015, 14:18
how about you wait for the exam to get over , and then speculate.

avicon
16th Nov 2015, 15:07
Past actions are a great predictor of future behaviour.

It is no longer a speculation.
Today is Nov 16, still accepting new registrations for their 35,000 RS exams, 24 hours after their deadline for registration has passed.

Maybe they didn't get enough applicants to make the projected amount of money? Just a speculation. :mad:

avicon
16th Nov 2015, 15:08
Everything I needed to know about Spicejet I learnt on TFO 2014.
Not speculation. Just saying.

cyrilroy21
16th Nov 2015, 15:39
SpiceJet has extended the last date for registration till 25th November 2015 . Exam date as published on their website is 6th December 2015

:: Pilot Recruitment :: (http://careers.spicejet.com/)

avicon
16th Nov 2015, 16:44
Thanks cyrilroy. Can you please tell me where it says on their website exam date being 6 Dec. Thanks

cyrilroy21
16th Nov 2015, 16:48
@avicon

Try opening the website in a new browser. You should be able to see the new ad...

avicon
16th Nov 2015, 16:55
Ok new browser.

Yes, got it.

betterthandbest
17th Nov 2015, 06:45
how does it matter to you, if you`re not planning to give the exam.

The AeRoDOME
17th Nov 2015, 10:13
Greetings Fellow Aviators,

As mentioned on the Spicejet website regarding TFO recruitment:

"Training will be self sponsored for initial and future upgrades in the company. The cost shall be payable at the time of joining the company"

Any clue, as to how much they would ask upfront for training after the selection?

Thanks

betterthandbest
17th Nov 2015, 11:43
AND where exactly does it say on the website about such details?

The AeRoDOME
17th Nov 2015, 17:15
Under the Terms & Conditions section once you have registered.

betterthandbest
18th Nov 2015, 04:54
thanks for sharing the info. but that doesnt mean the whole cost has to be paid upfront. it usually would mean paying half upfront and then the later deducted from salary.

avicon
18th Nov 2015, 05:28
Good luck arguing over that with Spicejet.

I should have threatened to sue his lame ass when he said "too late now". I had qualified for the next round but was refused the opportunity (even after paying their exorbitant exam fee) for the simple reason that the they weren't in the loop about the selection process and one guy thought it was the top 30 that qualify to the next round as against top 40 as advertised by them.

The so called computer based test itself is a joke. It was full of answers marked wrong by the computer which the invigilator later credited on paper.
A few questions had no right answer.

When you have such a vast range of topics to choose from, why set questions that are ambiguous? WHy not for once make something fool proof, clear and precise. Is that too much to ask for? Did they not pay their software developers properly. Didn't anyone the company so much as oversee what was being prepared for the test.

I can bet my bottom rupees that SG has already selected candidates they intent to hire. This is an eye wash and a cool gimmick to make some much needed "funds", to the tune of 12-14 crore.
Spicejet is a f*cking joke.

betterthandbest
18th Nov 2015, 06:08
someone surely hates SG. please take your personal enmity with SG somewhere else. there are alot of aspiring candidates here trying to play in this field.

Three.Green
19th Nov 2015, 02:43
hey guys any QB or suggested study material?

the syllabus didnt mention air regs.. does that mean its okay to skip on regs?

avicon
19th Nov 2015, 06:56
2014 they asked from GSP and Oxford. Met is also important. Reg was not asked. Transponder code questions were repeated. 3 question on emergency squawk code was repeated. Radio aids came from GSP.

grandfather
19th Nov 2015, 09:46
You may be right @avicon. I cannot believe they need to have an exam to recruit just 50 pilots when in the past so many years they only had hush hush internal exams. Maybe the internal guys refused to cough up so much dough this time.

Every upgrade will have to be paid for by the selected candidates? Is this what happens in other airlines also? Then why work? Ultimately all the salary will get ploughed back to the company......wow!! What a sweet deal for the company! If this is not exploitation, I don't know what is. I'd love to see the maths for the net take home after all this slave labour business is done.

avicon
19th Nov 2015, 10:56
They have advertised for 50 pilots but I doubt they will take that many. 50 and 100 is a good figure to balance the statistical odds of making it in the minds of the candidate.

My guess is they will come up with another "external" exam again next year and advertise for 50 and take another 10. Of course after charging 35,000 for it from 3000 odd candidates. To put that in perspective, it costs Rs 9,500 per hour to hire a Cessna 152 in India, but SG charges you Rs35,000 to fiddle with their joystick(no pun intended) for 15 minutes. It's a sorry state of affairs. The company know that the first job is hard to come by and use this psychology to extract maximum from desperate candidates. Shame there is no regulatory body overseeing these malpractices.

I wonder how much higher they can hike their exam fee without facing protest. Is charging 50,000 for the test justified? Would you pay 1 lakh to appear for it? Is 3 lakhs a bit too much? How about 5 lakhs, is that way over the roof?

grandfather
19th Nov 2015, 12:07
It is indeed a sorry state of affairs. Doesn't anyone have friends (I use that term in the real sense of the word) in the media? This kind of thing needs to be exposed - if for nothing else but to educate unwary youngsters. But then again, who cares? The government doesn't care, the people care even less. Most people would probably snigger and say "jolly good, serves the poor sods right".
Thing is, if employers treat their potential employees like this, do they seriously expect the employees to give their best on the job? Or does nobody care? Market supply/demand kicks in here too?

Three.Green
21st Nov 2015, 10:53
Guys, I'm unhappy to say, but I've also heard the same rumor from spice pilot that the training cost is going to be around 40-45 lakhs and they'll take 30lacs upfront when joining. remainder will be deducted from salary. :ugh:

betterthandbest
21st Nov 2015, 15:38
the numbers are a rumor until confirmed.

avicon
22nd Nov 2015, 04:14
Innocent until proven otherwise.

But spicejet is always guilty until proven otherwise. That's how this criminal organisation has always operated. They have been running a scam unchecked for years now. Not a single pilot with backbone to cal their bluff.

jockey69
22nd Nov 2015, 06:46
40-45lacs for a prop rating?did anyone confirm these figures from spicejet?

starmaid
22nd Nov 2015, 07:16
Have anyone received the venue details via email or heard when this is going to be out? Some of us are travelling interstate and need to make travel arrangements. Any ideas?

betterthandbest
22nd Nov 2015, 16:25
look whos talking abt guilt

Three.Green
24th Nov 2015, 06:15
guys should we also prep for any numerical questions? CP/PNR? Departure? Convergency?

The AeRoDOME
28th Nov 2015, 05:10
Mails have started to come for Spicejet TFO exam on 6th December.

One of it's quoted point;

"All candidates who successfully pass Phase 1 shall get their results through mail and we will send fresh hall ticket to attend phase II exam as decided by the Company. "

So seems like the second phase, the COMPASS test would not be on the same day.

avicon
28th Nov 2015, 06:00
What's the point of all this drama if they cannot reveal the venue yet for an exam just 7 days away. I would love for them keep it in Trivandrum and reveal it on 5th Dec, just to take the piss out on non-metro candidates from the North.

Come on Spicejet you can do better than this.

The AeRoDOME
28th Nov 2015, 07:59
SG Exam Venue :

DPG Institute of Technology & Management Sector - 34, Near Hero Honda
Chowk (NH8), Gurgaon

Don't know about any other city, this is the venue for Delhi.

avicon
28th Nov 2015, 08:56
Thanks AeroDrome for the update.

Any idea how many are appearing based on your Registration number/Roll no?
Are they going to conduct the exam in batches?

cyrilroy21
28th Nov 2015, 15:39
Phase 1 is divided in two batches

Exam for batch 1 starts at 11 am
Exam for batch 2 starts at 1.30 pm

Around 780 candidates in total who finally paid for the exam

No clue as to when Phase 2 or 3 will take place...

avicon
28th Nov 2015, 15:47
So if Batch 1 wants, they can help batch 2 out with questions.

avicon
28th Nov 2015, 15:50
I was told by someone who tallied Roll numbers that 1200 odd appearing!

betterthandbest
29th Nov 2015, 08:56
yeah we all know that

avicon
2nd Dec 2015, 09:53
In light of the situation in Chennai resulting in massive travel disruptions, will Bombardier exams be postponed?

How are candidates from Chennai expected to travel to Hariana with more rains showing no signs of abating and all air/rail traffic ground to a virtual halt.

Will somebody convey this concern to the people sitting at SG.

avicon
2nd Dec 2015, 15:01
Anyone heard anything from SG regarding the test on Sunday? CM has suggested that the Chennai floods be declared national disaster. I would have thought it very inconsiderate if they went ahead with the exam as planned. How are candidates from Chennai supposed to reach Hariana? People are out and about on boats rescuing citizens from what were busy Roads.

starmaid
3rd Dec 2015, 00:53
Would you believe SJ sent me 2 admit cards? One for the exam at 13:30, the second one for the exam at 11:00. Ha!

cyrilroy21
4th Dec 2015, 12:35
For those of you from Chennai who are unable to give the exam , Spicejet will conduct the exam at a later date.

Spicejet has asked to spread this message to anyone who is affected by the flooding in Chennai

avicon
4th Dec 2015, 14:01
This is going to unnecessarily complicate their selection process. They should ideally have had the exam postponed for everyone. The cost of date change on a booked venue and the cost of booking a smaller venue plus invigilators, new set of test papers etc would even themselves out. Why not do the smart thing SG?

Now the normal candidates will have to wait for the Chennai results to come out before they can proceed with subsequent rounds? How are they going to work around this?

grandfather
5th Dec 2015, 11:12
I disagree slightly here @avicon.
Looking at it from the candidates point of view, all the kids changing their tickets will cost them (their poor parents!) a pretty packet. A few days delay in the results is not going to make any difference, considering the average waiting period since getting the CPL is 2-4 years.

Besides, the Chennai guys would get some 'help';) from the Delhi examinees! 'something' to compensate for the dunking!

My 2P worth!

speagle1
6th Dec 2015, 03:16
Best of luck guys!

avicon
6th Dec 2015, 12:05
Those that got selected please share your experience here and also info on phase 2. venue, date, format etc

Jumpychick
7th Dec 2015, 03:49
I write the exam. Nothing was mentioned about those who couldn't make it from Chennai. Results are out by email sometime today with details of the next round which will be held tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

bdmer
7th Dec 2015, 05:27
Plz share how many have appeared and how many have selected for the phase2 thanks

The AeRoDOME
7th Dec 2015, 09:48
Approximately 400 appeared in Batch 1 in morning and roughly the same number for Batch 2.

No clue about how many candidates from Chennai were able to make it,
also no word if and when Spicejet are going to conduct the exam again for these candidates.

Regarding the result, it will only be mailed to successful candidates within a day or two.

So, details for Phase 2 can only be certain once Spicejet start sending out result mails.

All the Best people :ok::ok:

avicon
7th Dec 2015, 12:30
Spicejet promised the results would be sent by 7th dec before 6 pm at the latest. Apparently they are not going to honour the candidates who didnt get selected for phase 2 with an email so they are left in the lurch not know whether to go home or stay back in Gurgaon.

Are you sure no one has recieved any mail from SG yet?

The AeRoDOME
7th Dec 2015, 13:09
Candidates have started receiving mails for phase 2. Phase 2 on 8th and 9th of December.

Can not say how many have been called for Phase 2. People are still receiving mails.

So, be hopeful people, All the Best :ok::ok:

avicon
7th Dec 2015, 13:49
Thanks fir the update Aerodome.
If they are not.sending the mails out in one go, thats an agonising wait for those who are hopeful bht havent receieved anything yet.

So youre saying its not over until its over. Which is going to be when, till midnight. Hmm.

betterthandbest
7th Dec 2015, 14:05
you seem so concerned about the exam as if you have actually appeared for it.

avicon
7th Dec 2015, 14:17
What makes you think I have not.

Jumpychick
8th Dec 2015, 00:27
I understand upto 200/250 have been selected for the COMPASS test which is at SJ office in Gurgaon

bdmer
8th Dec 2015, 03:50
any type rated has cleared the first phase??

betterthandbest
9th Dec 2015, 06:29
@a*con yeah we could see your negative comments about SG were very helpful to people trying to appear including yourself.

The AeRoDOME
9th Dec 2015, 10:07
Approximately 400-450 candidates were invited for Phase 2 Compass test.
A total of 8 batches, 4 on each 8th and 9th December.

All the Best to all appeared :ok::ok:

for all those who weren't, hopefully better times ahead for you all :ok::ok:

avicon
10th Dec 2015, 12:51
bdmer,

I didn't think anyone rated on Q400 actually appeared. Of course many among those who didn't get selected for 2014 737 TR may have reappeared. Were you talking about them? In any case it was mentioned on the T&C that even if you had a TR on another type, you would only be placed on Q400.

Jumpychick
10th Dec 2015, 12:57
Phase 2 - there were approx 30 to a batch. If there were 8 batches that would be around 240ish candidates. At least this is what I make of it.

Anyone received any emails yet for phase 3?

betterthandbest
11th Dec 2015, 02:32
this recruitment`s gonna be a fast one

Jumpychick
11th Dec 2015, 02:33
hey betterthanthebest, do you know if the phase 3 hall tickets have been issued yet?

Three.Green
11th Dec 2015, 04:29
Anyone have any idea about whats CCT and what tasks we will have to do.?

GANGSTA007
11th Dec 2015, 07:13
its like a synthetic sim test I gez..

Did u get the mail and when did you get it ?

grandfather
11th Dec 2015, 12:52
Rumour has it that stage 4 which was originally scheduled for 4 weeks after stage 3, is now being held immediately after stage 3.
@Betterthanthebest, you seem to be right about this recruitment being a super fast one..... Providing SJ takes this to its logical conclusion.

bdmer
11th Dec 2015, 13:59
Guys what about 737rated ??

keyur
12th Dec 2015, 03:30
CCT is a simulator task where you have to follow the flight director.. There is a joystick and rudder pedals.. Phase 3 and phase 4 are being done on the same day.. 2 batches were done yesterday and few more have it scheduled for today..

cyrilroy21
12th Dec 2015, 05:18
Some 737 type rated candidates who appeared for this vacancy and passed phase 2 were sent for a sim check on the 737 instead of appearing for phase 3 . They will be giving phase 4 as well.

avicon
12th Dec 2015, 06:01
Stage 4 being what, Psychometry?

When is the date for 737 Sim check. Is it all over now?

on_demand
12th Dec 2015, 12:05
Is the result of phase 2 already out?

keyur
12th Dec 2015, 12:36
Yes the results are phase 2 are out..

Three.Green
13th Dec 2015, 13:32
results for phase 3&4 will be declared 1st week of Jan. Thats what the spicejet guy told me after the exam.

avicon
15th Dec 2015, 21:08
Can those who have give Phase IV psychometry tell us what it is all about. I keep hearing that psychometry is not something you can every prepare for. At the same time no one who has given it has yet to divulge what this test entails.

There has to be a right and a wrong answer. Or at least some that gravitate more towards being right. "Right" meaning more appropriate for the situation at hand. Otherwise this whole psychometry test is bunk and amounts to nothing but pandering to the DGCA proposal to bring it about as part of standard pilot assessment. Something they hastily put forward following the German wings accident, borne out of an itch for the Babus to look important in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Three.Green
16th Dec 2015, 01:50
@avicon

The psychometry test had 225 questions.
Each question has 2 statements and we had to select one which we agreed with more.

e.g.
1. You are patient.
2. You like to keep your desk clean.

1. You get angry easily.
2. You prefer working in a group/ team.

Hope this helps.

avb737
22nd Dec 2015, 05:38
when is the result getting declared for candidates appeared for b737?
any input would be highly appreciated.

avicon
22nd Dec 2015, 17:51
Thanks Three.green
That helped.

Stryder_00
28th Dec 2015, 08:30
Guys

How many of them appeared for spice jet?

and how many 737 rated guys are there in india at the moment?

AviatorGNamaste
3rd Jan 2016, 15:44
Yes please share guy who have got 737 offers.
Also tentative dates of hpth results if anyone has any news
Thanks

byebyebirdie
4th Jan 2016, 02:55
Hi guys, any news on whether the results for the Q400 are going to come this week? It's the first week of January so I think that that's the general speculation. If anyone can share whether/when they receive an offer letter, that would be much appreciated!

avicon
4th Jan 2016, 08:28
Bombardier results to be declared on Jan 14.

AviatorGNamaste
4th Jan 2016, 15:35
Hi avicon..
Who did u ask?
Can you confirm the source of information.
Thanks

avicon
4th Jan 2016, 15:51
Who did u ask?
Can you confirm the source of information.
Thanks Capt Ardhendhu Das, Vice presdent, Resource management, SpiceJet.

AviatorGNamaste
5th Jan 2016, 04:44
Capt Ardhendhu Das, Vice presdent, Resource management, SpiceJet.

Okay thanks. I hope results get out on the 14th.

aviator14
6th Jan 2016, 11:14
@ Avicon- its very wierd for you to have appeared for the examination considering how skeptical you were about the whole selection criteria. And 14th as i check is Makar sakranti with most offices being shut. But just the whole idea of you being so negative about spicejet and discouraging everyone to not appear is perplexing to say the least. :ugh:

bdmer
8th Jan 2016, 16:33
737 joining process very soon guys maybe

qubec400
11th Jan 2016, 12:45
guys any latest updates for the spice results.;)

bdmer
11th Jan 2016, 15:47
737 joined today about 20-25 people

byebyebirdie
11th Jan 2016, 16:11
Guys if the Q400 results are coming out on 14, if anyone gets an offer or knows someone who did, can you post it here? Will help other candidates know that the waiting period is finally over, since for whoever didn't get it, they probably won't be sending rejection letters. Thanks!!

avicon
11th Jan 2016, 16:36
Hi bdmer, check your PM please.

byebyebirdie
11th Jan 2016, 18:21
Hi avicon, this might be a dumb question, but are the 737 rated candidates included in the final 50 that Spicejet said they would hire for Q400? For example, if they selected 20-25 people who are 737 candidates, does that leave only 25 more slots for Q400 selections? Or are there two separate quotas for 737 and Q400 hiring?

bdmer
12th Jan 2016, 17:21
avicon replied PM plz chk

qubec400
13th Jan 2016, 07:55
still there is big rumour , it's on 14th .please kindly update if you guys have any latest updates about the results . almost a month we are waiting for it still couldn't finalise what's the status , please any leads from any one regarding the results
thanks in advance

avicon
14th Jan 2016, 16:31
Results were withheld due to a few 737 candidates opting out to join 9W. On top of that only 12 candidates were readily available for training and ground classes due to funds issue. 25 odd 737 candidates who were not selected are being put back into q400 pool for assessment. Not sure if the 737 list is now finalised.

Expect q400 results tomorrow, Monday or Tuesday by the very latest.

byebyebirdie
14th Jan 2016, 16:45
Thanks for the update Avicon. Do you know if the candidates who don't get selected will be sent rejection letters at the same time (by Monday/Tuesday latest)? So that they won't be left waiting and wondering :{

grandfather
15th Jan 2016, 03:12
Nah....SJ said very clearly in their ad that only successful candidates at each stage would be intimated. Though after charging 35K for the exam, the least they could do was send an email to the unsuccessful ones, after all there would be only about 100 odd emails to send. Speaks volumes about SJ's respect or regard (or lack thereof) for potential employees :rolleyes:. Under the circs, the best one can hope for is to get a call letter!
All the best.

avicon
15th Jan 2016, 03:45
Rejection letters will not be sent out. There is no further communication with you if you are not selected, just like with the rest of the elimination rounds. Although this has now become standard practise adopted by some employers, the system is seriously flawed. Apparantly despite being in the service industry, they dont think it common courtesy to let you know the status of your participation in an exam/ interciew they conducted. All it takes is for them to write a draft letter and email them out en mass.

avicon
15th Jan 2016, 15:45
But that’s impossible. Maybe he has a lapsed TR, whcih doesnt bother them because they are sending you away for re-validation which is on top of the 20 lakh they charge for their training.

grandfather
16th Jan 2016, 01:51
Some people are more equal than others - that is a fact of life, not just for aviation but every walk of life. That said, look at the positive side - if this rumour is true AND Q400 numbers stay the same, an equal number of aspiring pilots who wouldn't otherwise have made it, will make it now.
Rationalisation, I know, but what else can one do. SJ is a private company, they can do what they want.

UPWA
16th Jan 2016, 08:13
Its not true,all 24 inducted are type rated on 737,out of which 8 has a lapsed rating and 24-36 months 7 sessions, 9 people are there and 12-24 months 5 sessions,7 people are there.

avicon
16th Jan 2016, 09:39
spinbird, stop spreading rumours.

avicon
16th Jan 2016, 09:45
spinbird, I suggest you come back here with a new handle and an improved attitude. Clean up your act. This forum may be called a rumour network but nobody likes being lied to. Especially not aspiring pilots looking for their first big break. If you do not have anything to contribute to, you can be a silent spectator here but nobody appreciates being fed misinformation and half-baked truths. We are all here to help one another out, be a part of the family by helping out, or you run the risk of being shunned by others.

avicon
16th Jan 2016, 12:13
hello spinbird,

I am sorry if I went overboard. It’s just that the information you had gathered seemed so far fetched and contrary to what everyone else including myself had been made to believe by those who are now inducted.

Anyway I should not have judged your motive. And you dont have to apologise. And no, this is not "my" thread. Everybody has rights to equal participation. Fair play my friend. Regarding those earlier posts, I have my grieviences against SG for cheating me out of Rs.35,000 and an opportunity for employment. But that’s story for another day.

avicon
16th Jan 2016, 13:15
Like I said, by tuesday the results should be out. 737 candidates are now being assessed against q400 candidates. That seems to be the only hold up. To be fair the 737 guys have every right to be given this second chance for q400 since thats what they had all applied for originally, inspite of having a TR. If they call ten more 737 for re-assessment in order to replace the ten that refused the offer letter to join Jet, that’s 10 less people you will be competing against for the slot of 100.

grandfather
16th Jan 2016, 13:54
Wonderful guys! Great to see CRM at work!

byebyebirdie
18th Jan 2016, 20:15
Hope that it comes out tomorrow. The wait has been way too long. It takes a lot of mental resilience to wait it out through the frustration and uncertainty! Good luck to everyone here - may everyone who is deserving get a call tomorrow! And please update us here when you guys hear about the offer letters rolling in :)

aviator14
19th Jan 2016, 12:04
And again it seems its delayed. ::ouch::bored:

qubec400
20th Jan 2016, 08:24
guys
any one have any latest updates of the results . any leads will be highly appreciated
thanks

flyboyrobin
22nd Jan 2016, 11:29
any updates ? any info??anything??

byebyebirdie
25th Jan 2016, 17:53
Has anyone here tried calling Spicejet's HR? Or does anyone have any verified phone number at someone within SJ? Plz share if you do, thanks!!

Three.Green
27th Jan 2016, 03:57
hey guys, there's a whatsapp group of the spicejet candidates. Someone there has mentioned that result might be out by 10th feb.

lets hope for the best

avicon
27th Jan 2016, 11:40
Anyone can throw out random dates. I am not saying that the person from whatsapp group cannot have had insider knowledge. But at this juncture we should take all comments from fellow candidates as speculation.

I have had a conversation with the HR long back and was told it would be out on 13th or 14th of Jan. Since then I have only once spoken to that person and he simply said it will be out soon, the wait won't be long.

27th Jan was also put out as possible date for the results. The day is not over yet. So let's wait it out.

grandfather
29th Jan 2016, 13:50
It seems someone asked SJ if the exam was a sham!

GANGSTA007
2nd Feb 2016, 05:00
Results this week according to facebook page UPWA..

avicon
2nd Feb 2016, 06:52
UPWAI is a hit and miss page. I wouldn't take him too seriously.

cyrilroy21
3rd Feb 2016, 06:26
SpiceJet has declared the results and sent mails to all those candidates that cleared . Congratulations :D

GANGSTA007
3rd Feb 2016, 08:55
Are they still sending them ? have an idea when they started ?

avicon
3rd Feb 2016, 09:16
Results are out.

Thank you SG.

GANGSTA007
3rd Feb 2016, 10:00
Are they still giving out mails ?

aero320
3rd Feb 2016, 17:18
any idea how many got confirm offer with date of joining. And what about remaining who received letter as part of 'merit list' .......... can some elaborate

aero320
3rd Feb 2016, 17:21
can someone specify the package they are offering

aero320
4th Feb 2016, 04:25
Hi Congrates to all who got selected and got a joining date. Can anyone provide any of the following info:
1.How many approx got joining date
2. Some of them are placed on 'merit list'. are they confirmed in? or may or may not be in.
3. What package they have offered.......if u can give detail.
4. What is bond terms and condition......bond period and bond money.
5. How much training cost they are taking ......immediately or in installment.
6. Other clause

Please provide information ,if anyone have confirm information.

The AeRoDOME
4th Feb 2016, 13:33
Well, successful candidates can shed more light on this, as per my knowledge only the joining dates had been mailed in the result email.

@Avicon: looks like you made it through, Many Congratulations to you and all who cleared :ok::)

aero320
4th Feb 2016, 14:49
Right...
But the basic query if anyone have knowledge may answer...
1. How may people got letter with join date
2.what about those who have got email stating ...they are in merit list for one year
3. how much is bond money and bond period.
4.total training cost they are taking weather before or deducting from salary
5. salary package

GANGSTA007
6th Feb 2016, 11:40
have people got mails which say about joining dates and contracts ? SO far I have only heard about 'merit list'

aero320
6th Feb 2016, 13:45
But few candidates got joining dates also......I dont know how many. And few candidates got emails saying ' you are on merit list of spicejet....' what does it mean?

aero320
22nd Feb 2016, 17:51
Dear Spinbirdman
can you check your PM and add me in whatsapp group as you mentioned

sky&ocean
16th May 2016, 09:26
Hi all,

Could anyone share some informations about the conditions offered to expat Captains on Spice Jet's Q400 ? Personal experience would be a great input.

Salary scheme, roster, package, loss of license etc...

Thanks in advance.

Sky&Ocean