PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Glasgow thread?

mr rhymes
27th Oct 2015, 19:05
I went to post some Westjet news and can't find the thread. Am I being stupid here?

Cheers

VickersVicount
27th Oct 2015, 20:19
im not sure a 28 day extension to a service warrants a thread of its own, but you could just rename the title Glasgow-2 ?

mr rhymes
27th Oct 2015, 20:26
It certainly doesn't warrant a thread of it's own. Hence me wanting to post it in the Glasgow thread! :ok:

But seriously, what's going on? I don't want to post a Glasgow-2 thread, we have a perfectly good one already, where is it?

LTNman
28th Oct 2015, 05:51
Just a guess.

The guy that created the Glasgow Easyjet thread a couple of days ago also started the Glasgow thread and then deleted the wrong one before deleting the right one.:}

mr rhymes
28th Oct 2015, 16:33
Ah. Oops :eek:

I didn't realise someone could delete a whole thread that easily. Is there not a friendly mod who could restore it for us? It seems a shame to lose all that info.

LTNman
28th Oct 2015, 18:41
This has happened before on the Blackpool thread when the person who created the thread closed it down when the airport closed. Any person who starts a thread can remove it and as far as I am aware no one can restore it.

Skipness One Echo
28th Oct 2015, 19:05
Unless it was deleted by the thread starter, it should still be there? Wonder if the mod deleted the wrong one when merging? :eek:

litefoot1
29th Oct 2015, 11:11
You can view a cached version on Google if you know what you're doing. Here's page 54 for example.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CuI_YZmLY08J:www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/193145-glasgow-54.html+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

If you want a specific page just go to Google and type

glasgow (page number without brackets) site:www. pprune. org (without spaces)

Then click the little drop down arrow next to the result and click 'cached'.

Users should not be able to delete giant threads like that. I'm a member of loads of other forums and this is the only place where it happens. Admin need to fix it.

DaveReidUK
29th Oct 2015, 13:13
And this Google search will bring up the very start (cached) of the original Glasgow thread:

site: prune.org "193145-glasgow.html"

Goes back to 2005.