PDA

View Full Version : CASA starts forum for discussion....

cogwheel
27th Oct 2015, 09:40
Time to have your say on key issues
CASA wants everyone in Australian aviation to have their say. To make getting your message to CASA simple and easy a new online tool has been launched. By using the ‘have your say’ forums everyone can contribute to building a strong and safe aviation future. Currently there are three forums open – developing Flight Plan 2030, implementing future regulations and delivering safety promotion. Flight Plan 2030 is an opportunity to focus on the safety issues that will face all sectors of Australian aviation over the next 15 years. Having your say on this forum means your views will be listened to as CASA develops the Flight Plan 2030 document, which will focus on future safety challenges and opportunities. By using the implementing future regulations forum your views on the timing of new regulations, ways to implement new rules and how CASA can best support the aviation community during regulatory change will be heard. Your comments will be fed into the development of regulatory implementation plans, as well as communication and information strategies. The safety promotion forum is to encourage discussion about how you prefer to receive safety information so CASA can make sure important messages are getting to everyone in the most effective ways. To participate in any of the forums you need to register. To protect privacy a screen name or alias can be used to remain anonymous. When active each discussion will be moderated using standard policies and guidelines to ensure everyone can have a say and many different ideas and viewpoints can be heard.

https://haveyoursay.casa.gov.au/

Maybe some of the writers here might like to have their say there?

Blueyonda
27th Oct 2015, 09:52
Once your feedback is collated, why not put your findings in a public time capsule to be reopened in 15 years to much fanfare :eek:

dhavillandpilot
27th Oct 2015, 10:37
I would have thought Pprune serves the purpose CASA is aiming at.

BUT then they have no control over who says what here, and cannot mete out vengeance for comments they don't approve of.

gupta
27th Oct 2015, 11:09
I thought we already had the information needed - in the report that cannot be mentioned to El Skids

aroa
27th Oct 2015, 12:32
Forum ..should we laugh or cry ....or just throw something....the cat, whatever

IF CAsA dont know what's wrong with their bloody organisation (sic) at this point in the 21st century, then its terminal for GA.

And I do love that other item about getting all hairy chested about drones near fires...$9000 fines etc. Someone in Fort Fumble must have been watching the news of late re Californy and the freeway fire.

When they dont prosecute those with full size helicopters used for fare paying pax over serious maintenance issues its a sure sign the "toughs" get going the other way when the going gets tough or really serious.
What a pack of corrupted tossers.:mad::mad::mad:

Sunfish
27th Oct 2015, 20:40
"As a sheep, have your say about how your carcass is to be cut up". That is all the CASA forum amounts to. ..And of course give them your IP address and personal details.

CASA is untrustworthy, period. The Forsyth review says so.

Capt Fathom
27th Oct 2015, 21:23
And of course give them your IP address and personal details.

I'm thinking they have your personal details already.

tail wheel
27th Oct 2015, 23:28
And of course give them your IP address and personal details.

Every web site captures IP addresses, as does this web site. Within PPRuNe aside from our strict confidentiality policies, your personal data is stored in another country, another and very different legal jurisdiction. Potentially, one would need very deep pockets to engage international legal representation to obtain personal details, near impossible due to that other countries internet privacy legislation. And then that IP data does not identify an individual, that requires further legal action in the country of residence of your ISP and the country of publication of PPRuNe.

If you are in Australia, accessing a web site in Australia, where the publisher is an Australian legal entity, the discovery process is relatively simple and painless.

Worth keeping in mind if you play in Australian web site?

P.S. Registering two or more PPRuNe anonymous user names thinking you are beating our Mod system is a totally futile exercise. Every PPRuNe Mod very quickly sees other user names from the same IP address. :=

Eh, Obi? :E

bazza stub
27th Oct 2015, 23:47
CASA asking for industry input is no more than an attempt to appear to be "engaging" the industry on safety. CASA knows how to make the industry safe, but the almighty dollar is still more important. Besides, we haven't had any accidents, so we must be doing something right.

Mustn't we?

Capn Bloggs
28th Oct 2015, 00:33
Registering two or more PPRuNe anonymous user names thinking you are beating our Mod system is a totally futile exercise. Every PPRuNe Mod very quickly sees other user names from the same IP address.
Wot, even if I use Telstra on me fone for Mrs Bloggs and iinet on me ADSL for Mr Bloggs? Very clever! :)

no_one
28th Oct 2015, 03:02
I sure hope CASA dont think that because they haven't had any feedback there are no problems with the industry. Having a look at their forum there are not many responses....

Has anyone been to their face to face discussions?

aroa
28th Oct 2015, 04:36
on the Fort floor when the incumbent departs in 3? years will just result in the newbie ceo putting up a request for a discussion on what to do about CAsA in his newsletters.
Just like before... and before and before, in ages past.:mad::mad:

CAsA is, and has been for decades like an orbital sander, spinning round and around polishing the turd for the next bunch of years.
And those of us that have been in aviation for decades...we have seen and heard it all before.:{

Truss has said he can't direct CAsA so forget that useless item as any sort of a game breaker.

Today CAsA is the rusty old truck like you find in the desert. Totally fcuked, irreparable, no parts available and even if there were, no expertise or interest within CAsA to do a proper fix.

Half a billion $$s and 30 years down the tubes ( trough dwellers throats etc) and what does CAsA have to show for it ?...a vibrant and growing GA industry, a productive and industry friendly, trusted regulator?
WE think NOT.
Is it any safer to fly today than it was 25 years ago. NO
Is it more dangerous to fly today than 25 years ago. NO

And if this is true it just shows that CAsA is a gigantic CON job

And to use Sunny's ovine analogy, the Industry should be the valuable fleece:ok::, CAsA is the flyblown bit at the back.:\

But alas...

das Uber Soldat
28th Oct 2015, 07:27
Every web site captures IP addresses, as does this web site. Within PPRuNe aside from our strict confidentiality policies, your personal data is stored in another country, another and very different legal jurisdiction. Potentially, one would need very deep pockets to engage international legal representation to obtain personal details, near impossible due to that other countries internet privacy legislation. And then that IP data does not identify an individual, that requires further legal action in the country of residence of your ISP and the country of publication of PPRuNe.

If you are in Australia, accessing a web site in Australia, where the publisher is an Australian legal entity, the discovery process is relatively simple and painless.

Worth keeping in mind if you play in Australian web site?

P.S. Registering two or more PPRuNe anonymous user names thinking you are beating our Mod system is a totally futile exercise. Every PPRuNe Mod very quickly sees other user names from the same IP address.

Eh, Obi?

I had a bit of a chuckle at this.

You log an IP address, sure. But if you think its the IP assigned to me by my ISP, you're in for a bit of a shock should you ever try to actually use that discovery process.

:ok:

So maybe this is my IP.

das Uber Soldat
28th Oct 2015, 07:31
or maybe this.

gerry111
28th Oct 2015, 08:55
Perhaps that's why many also have a free gmail address? :=

Duck Pilot
28th Oct 2015, 09:04
A VPN will hide your IP address. Great security feature that corporate business are using these days - for all the good reasons, not the bad.

andrewr
28th Oct 2015, 09:46
Also there are many cases where NAT and/or proxying mean that there are many people sharing an IP address.

It's almost certain for people who access from work or wifi hotspots. Some ISPs may also do it.

tail wheel
28th Oct 2015, 19:38
Das. Both those IP addresses trace to well known ISPs, who would provide the user account data if directed by a Court. And with the new Australian metadata laws, I doubt there is anywhere to hide!

Check your PMs.

An international Proxy Server may still be a secure, near untraceable option....

das Uber Soldat
28th Oct 2015, 21:09
I replied to your PM.

Its an interesting discussion. The metadata laws will have no bearing on me, or people who wish to do us serious harm. I route all important traffic through TOR, the output of which then goes through a SOCKS5 proxy or VPN which does not keep logs. As I'm doing right now (Hi from Israel!)

The laws will instead impinge upon the privacy and rights of ordinary people, and I think its appalling.

Sorry for thread derail.

aerobatologist
29th Oct 2015, 00:50
P.S. Registering two or more PPRuNe anonymous user names thinking you are beating our Mod system is a totally futile exercise. Every PPRuNe Mod very quickly sees other user names from the same IP address.

False assumption. Many organisations, particularly large companies and government, will have many users behind a single IP address (likely a NAT gateway or proxy server). When you see multiple users with the same IP they could be separate individual users behind such a shared gateway.

LeadSled
29th Oct 2015, 02:18
Besides, we haven't had any accidents, so we must be doing something right.

Mustn't we? Bazza Stub,
I do trust you are being ironic??

The last look at GA numbers shows we have deteriorated from double to treble the US accident rates since 2000 --- what a great testimony to the Australian approach of treating pilots ( and AME/LAME) as criminals who just haven't been caught yet, versus the US FAA/AOPA/NBAA/EAA etc. approach to educating for safety ---- and actually concentrating on the areas where the accidents/incidents are actually happening, as opposed to the Australian approach of concentrating on the areas where a criminal conviction is straight forward, with particular reference to targeting "aviation criminals" who do not have the financial resources for even a half way adequate defense.

Tootle pip!!

tail wheel
29th Oct 2015, 03:45
Many organisations, particularly large companies and government, will have many users behind a single IP address (likely a NAT gateway or proxy server). When you see multiple users with the same IP they could be separate individual users behind such a shared gateway.

I would agree with you if users always posted from their work locations, behind a static IP address.

But they don't, most also post from a home computer and it really doesn't take long with a repetitious poster, to determine where they work, where they live, and what other "personalities" they may have.

It is not a precise science, but after a concerted effort, rarely comes up with the wrong answer.

das Uber Soldat
29th Oct 2015, 04:53
No informed person doing something naughty is going to post from their standard account.

If you want to hide your identity its a simple matter. If people doing bad things are dumb enough to also use their own IP at some point, that just makes them not terribly sharp. It doesn't alter the fact that if you wish, you can remain entirely anonymous and have as many sock puppet accounts as you like.

Why you'd bother on the other hand, is something I don't pretend to understand.

Checklist Charlie
29th Oct 2015, 06:27
CAsA does not need a whiz bang forum to get the good goss from industry, CAsA already have it.

Mr Skidmore, refer Forsyth as it is all there for you neatly presented in bullet point format.

Act on it NOW.

CC