PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia

winkwink
26th Oct 2015, 18:14
I have been told by a BA captain that when crew arrive in Saudi, their passports are kept by the authorities until they leave the country. As I may be offered some occasional work there, I wondered whether that is the case.
Replies welcomed.

Tray Surfer
26th Oct 2015, 19:05
I am also full time BA (cabin) and for us it is indeed correct. I believe, because we do not have a visa for Saudi.

I have never flown a private trip to Saudi so can't confirm if that is the case for that or not.

FrankR
26th Oct 2015, 20:48
Not true for private jet crews or general public who travel, however, they all have a Saudi visa, and I would bet you would need one as well. Securing one is no simple task.

No clue how 121 crew operate it.

FR

mutt
26th Oct 2015, 20:59
As I may be offered some occasional work there As in based in Saudi? Then you will need the appropriate visa, your name on an ICAO General Declaration wont be enough for private operations.

FrankR
26th Oct 2015, 22:33
When it comes to life in the middle east, trust in Mutt...

FR

CaptainProp
26th Oct 2015, 23:12
When we come in to Saudi, private jet crew, they keep our passports as well. We get a document much like a gendec with all the crew names on it. On departure this document is presented and we get our passports back. This document also needs to be carried when out in the city as it serves as identification. I've not been to Saudi that many times but I know some of my colleagues have been checked by police for this document.

CP

FlyMD
27th Oct 2015, 00:30
72 hours is the limit for staying in Saudi as crew without a work visa. Note that it's very difficult to position in and out of the country with the Airline wihout a visa.

If you are going to overstay the 72 hours, there is a possibility to pay a fine and wangle another 24 hours extension.

Visas are for a specific airplane and Saudi sponsor, so there is pretty much no way to get a visa for occasional freelance work....ä

Then again, it's SAUDi, so much becomes possible if the right local bigwig is interested in you being available for his convenience....

winkwink
27th Oct 2015, 12:38
Thanks very much, everyone.. good info. I appreciate your time in answering the question.

ExDubai
27th Oct 2015, 18:00
Then again, it's SAUDi, so much becomes possible if the right local bigwig is interested in you being available for his convenience....
Everything is poosible in Saudi with the right local/somebody of the royal family behind...