PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Type

Mike Tee
26th Oct 2015, 08:11
Hello,

My brother who is a nervous flyer is flying to Bergen at the end of November on family business and has asked me what kind of aircraft he will be on. His itinary is Newcastle / London / Bergen then Bergen / Stavanger / Newcastle on the return leg. It's the last sector which he is puzzled about as his ticket says that is with Wilderow. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Scinfaxi
26th Oct 2015, 08:50
Without knowing which airlines other than Wideroe....I imagine the way there will be BA NCL-LHR-BGO and on the way back Wideroe BGO-SVG-NCL. Wideroe operate a fleet of Dash 8 aircraft.

Mike Tee
27th Oct 2015, 08:13
Thank's for the reply Skinfaxi. As I said in my question it is only the last sector he was puzzled about as he had never heard of Widerow.

PAXboy
27th Oct 2015, 11:45
Your brother my find their website helpful. The 'About The Company' states that they started in 1934 and now operate 450 flights a day. Other info might reassure him.

exuw
27th Oct 2015, 13:08
Wilderow
Skinfaxi
Widerow

Something tells me that the O/P would better serve his brother if he could at least learn to use the correct onomastics, particularly when they are already set out in plain text before him. :E

Mike Tee
27th Oct 2015, 14:27
Thank's PAXboy, that's a good idea.
Dear exuw, Say again, that last transmission was rather garbled.

exuw
27th Oct 2015, 18:52
I give up.

No, on second thoughts, since the O/P has invited a response, I will give it to him.

You clearly can't be arsed to look up what "onomastics" means. Let me advise that it is the study of the origin, history, and use of proper names.

Try re-reading your posts and compare and contrast your usage with that of others.

And please don't ask what a "proper name" is.

Geezers of Nazareth
31st Oct 2015, 18:36
exuw,

please don't be condescending to others - that means not talking down to them.

KelvinD
31st Oct 2015, 20:44
Exuw,
Surely, those names listed by you are not "onomastics" but orthonyms.
Mr Wiki told me that as I could be arsed to look it up.
(Orthonym is the proper name, while onomastics is the study of the name's history etc, as you pointed out).

Talkdownman
31st Oct 2015, 22:17
Oi Geezers,

Talking down is not always condescending!
It's also a radar approach descending!

Talkdownman :ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
31st Oct 2015, 22:29
EXUW: "arsed"

Pity you have to resort to vulgar slang.

student88
2nd Nov 2015, 08:14
EXUW, I don't know what your problem is but I bet its hard to pronounce.

Hotel Tango
2nd Nov 2015, 09:07
:ok: I liked that student88. Gave me a good morning chuckle.

SeenItAll
2nd Nov 2015, 17:29
Re-reading copy before you press Submit is always a virtue. Especially so in this era of autocorrect. It is amazing what Microsoft or Apple often decide certain text strings are intended to be.

exuw
3rd Nov 2015, 05:39
Right.

Mike Tee I apologise. I should not have posted while in a grumpy mood.

KelvinD You are quite correct. Hoist by my own petard.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR The view from your tower is duly noted.

student88 Touche!

SeenItAll Thank you for reiterating my original sentiment, albeit in more moderate language.