PDA

View Full Version : A day trip to KL

oldpax
26th Oct 2015, 07:59
I recently had to take a day trip to Kuala Lumpur(Saturday 24th)and thought I would put a few words in for our spotter friends.I left from Don Mueng in Bangkok at 1000hrs and arrived at KL two hours later and an hour in front!My carrier was Air Asia and I have no complaints ,the service was efficient except I forgot the beverage service had to be payed for!No food unless you book it previously.I now have first hand experience of the "Haze" that covers Malaysia and the number of people coughing in the terminal.KL airport now seems to be exclusively Air Asia as I could not see any other carrier there!Don mueng however would be a good visitor for "spotters "as there are lots of budget airlines using it now and its very busy.If anyone would like I have a few pictures I can resize and download.

mutt
26th Oct 2015, 08:28
Oldpax, when you landed in KL, you were actually at the Air Asia terminal which would explain why you didn't see any other aircraft. You can take a free bus ride to the main airport area.

The main terminal actually has a great area for spotters that overlooks most of the airfield.

oldpax
26th Oct 2015, 09:23
However I found it a bit drab and subdued and there was a lack of WCs also water fountains ,not good planning in that department!