PDA

View Full Version : Please shed some light about Maldives

Warlock1
25th Oct 2015, 10:07
Hi all

I read most of the topics about flying in Maldives and unfortunately, most of them are way outdated. If there is someone out there, either going to or already flying there, please give me your feedback re:
- Is the government legislation a bit relaxed about hiring expat FO s?
- Is it worth coming down there to exchange my license in to Maldivian and start knocking the doors?
- Looks like its 'who you know' to get a float job with the air taxi company. Any possibilities for newly obtained float rated guy to start some place?
- Where else can you apply for a job with a Maldivian license?

Thanks a bunch for any feedback

itsbrokenagain
25th Oct 2015, 14:48
Investigate the basics first, where will you live, how much does it cost to live there... the license things are all online and freely available if you can use google also.

Warlock1
26th Oct 2015, 07:15
That doesn't answer any of the questions I posted. Thanks for the google tip!

Droste
27th Oct 2015, 03:45
- Is the government legislation a bit relaxed about hiring expat FOs?
- Is it worth coming down there to exchange my license in to Maldivian and start knocking the doors?
- Looks like its 'who you know' to get a float job with the air taxi company. Any possibilities for newly obtained float rated guy to start some place?
- Where else can you apply for a job with a Maldivian license?
Let me help you to answer your questions.

1. It is nothing do with Government legislation.

2. It will not work.

3. You are right. In Asia, it is all about who you know, not what you know. There are many Maldivians (CPL holders) waiting to be float trained as F.O. Newly licensed float foreign pilots will not get the job in Maldives

4. I suppose you are talking about float planes jobs. Once you get the job, the seaplane company will do it for you. However, there are only a few float planes companies and the FO jobs are reserved for their own Maldivians!

avl998
5th Nov 2015, 11:27
droste you are absolutely right about the hiring scenario in maldives , they have shortage for captains while the first officers are the local guys so until unless we dont have an atpl in hand its not worth the shot, but it also depends on demand and supply after all ,which keeps changing every 6 months.

Warlock1
13th Nov 2015, 08:14
Droste, thanks a lot

MiG41
21st Nov 2015, 16:46
well you could give it a shot, maldives only has 300000 people, the amount of maldivian pilots in that population is very little. you could send them your CV and you would have to just wait until they get back to you if there is a vacancy.
as far as i know, i guess you need your academic qualifications such as O/Ls and A/Ls . you need 100 hours on float . single engine float rating.. thats the requirement for expat f/Os ... and yes you need to convert your license to maldivian. thats easy.. if you do know people in maldives, getting a job wouldnt be that of a hassle :ok:

avl998
23rd Dec 2015, 19:09
this is regarding couple of other seaplane operators like maldivian aero services ,flyme and southern aviation services in maldives , i checked up the websites about the hiring requirements or if they hire foreigners as senior first officers but couldn't find much, would appreciate if anyone could help me .thanks

avl998
18th Jan 2016, 14:27
guys any insight to the hiring requirements in male for a seaplane job (TMA,AEROMALDIVIAN,FLY ME) nothing on the website i checked up , will it be worth taking a risk going directly with a seaplane rating and cpl?

Droste
18th Jan 2016, 15:12
guys any insight to the hiring requirements in male for a seaplane job (TMA,AEROMALDIVIAN,FLY ME) nothing on the website i checked up , will it be worth taking a risk going directly with a seaplane rating and cpl?

Did you understand post #4?

The FO jobs for flying seaplane is strictly reserved for their own Maldivians!

If you can change your nationality, you are most welcome to apply. Otherwise, don't ever dream about it.

Always remember, the Maldivian companies will not entertain foreign applicants (ie Indians) just because they have similar dark skin colour as Maldivians.