PDA

View Full Version : 5 A-Side Football

leshodge
18th Jun 2002, 22:01
Hey,
Im a flight sergeant in the space cadets, but before you mock me substantially, i have been shortlisted for a commission, should that add any credibility i dont know. Anyway, we recently won the inter wing and region 5 a side tournament on our squadron, and with a lack of facilities it was quite an achievement. The kids are mostly like 14 and 15, im the eldest at 18. So beware of total embarrassment. I was just wondering if any station (that could host? as we dont have facilities) would be interested in playing a match? Its an opportunity for the cadets to meet the regs aswell, so you'd be doing a great help to us on both fronts.
Hope to get some positive feedback, i have genuine intentions, this is no wind up. I have got a minibus driver who can ship us around, and he's relatively flexible.
Thanks!
Later
Lee

Ali Barber
19th Jun 2002, 08:20
Try calling RAF Leeming. Ask to speak to the P Ed O. Don't know if they would be willing to risk the banter of losing to your team, but it might be worth a try. You'll have to use directory enquiries for the number though.

leshodge
19th Jun 2002, 14:17
Thanks, im on it.
Its open competition. Anyone reading this who has any involvement with any 5 a side team, get back to me, and we'll see what we can arrange.
Thanks again!
Lee

Tocsin
19th Jun 2002, 18:49
Direct line tel. no. sent via email - email me if it doesn't arrive ([email protected]).

The mother alligator
21st Jun 2002, 09:30
I was just wondering, what squadron are you from? I've played for Norfolk and Suffolk wing, and Central and East region both in 11-a-side. Is your squadron attending the tournament in Norwich on Sunday? It's Norfolk and Suffolk wing only unfortunately. TMA

leshodge
21st Jun 2002, 11:22
i am from York squadron, 110.
And no i wont be attending.
Many of the 5 a side events higher than wing level dont allow players under the age of 16, so i refuse to take the team, its outrageous.
Anyway, so no i shalln't be going.
Later!
Lee