Got my first request
And my top 2 preferences

knifedge
22nd Oct 2015, 13:39
Middle group, got 75 % of requested...

checcker10
22nd Oct 2015, 13:53
Top Bid.....rubbish.
Very Senior top bid group. Got one middle request and NOTHING ELSE.
Looks very similar to old system. Sh1t

Capt 777

Carbo
22nd Oct 2015, 13:59
Same here: top bid, I got my request but not one of the 5 preference entered. Complete joke!

Kempus
22nd Oct 2015, 14:01
2nd bottom.

Zero satisfaction, 7 days off(maybe more due reserve), mainly east with an African hole thrown in for good measure.

Least it wasn't top bid month.

Instant Hooligan
22nd Oct 2015, 14:02
Fleet and seat would be helpful

Wh1sper
22nd Oct 2015, 14:36
2nd top. Got one request but no preferences. Worst 2nd top I've ever had.
As expected.

bittersweetheart
22nd Oct 2015, 14:51
Top bid. Got one request. None of the preferences. Usually better than this on bottom bid with old system.. What a pathetic excuse for a bidding system

WhiteFly
22nd Oct 2015, 14:59
Left seat fat bus
second bottom... got 3 preferences... didnt expect it!

TCU LUX
22nd Oct 2015, 15:08
777 RHS

First four days are RSV followed by..

96 hours in 3 weeks :yuk:

Max 2 days off in a row.

Got one Preference.

Alot of manual insertions since I last checked

It's worse than ever.

flying willy
22nd Oct 2015, 15:19
77 RHS

Bottom bid
Until yesterday, had the four days off I bid for. After some manual insertion there's now a lovely freighter trip.
So nothing I bid for.

sluggums
22nd Oct 2015, 15:26
Ladies & Gentlemen, we are so deeeep in the sh*t regarding pilot numbers, that regardless of the roster system, we're going to get crap rosters, and it ain't gonna change anytime soon.

I suspect that heads will roll soon in the bouncy castle as promulgated in Timmy's latest missive about a 'review' of the organisation. There's no more wheels left to come off and now the blame game starts, along with all sorts of infighting as TCAS slithers off back to the UK.

Incompetence at its very best...

glofish
22nd Oct 2015, 15:36
777 LHS, 2nd bottom

Nothing at all from preferences. Since early check -> 4 manual insertions (take a wild guess what!). Same old cr@p as the old system.

I agree with sluggums, the manning makes a joke of any system.
The roster makes me sick just by looking at it .....

If this continues, i guess that some more will pull the trigger, at least my finger starts having nervous convulsions .....
Wannabies be extremely careful. Money cannot buy any kind of compensation for the complete catastrophe we are in.

TangoUniform
22nd Oct 2015, 15:42
Well, got most of what I requested/preferences in second top. Two turns which I have no idea where they came from. BUT, ONLY 8 days off and 94+ hours. Taking the good with the bad.

Praise Jebus
22nd Oct 2015, 16:55
Top bid 380 LHS. One request one preference 93 hrs. Didn't ask for days off so expected a bit better. ..

bigdaviet
22nd Oct 2015, 16:56
777RHS Top Bid

Got first request.

Asked for Thursdays and Fridays off. Got all except one day which was used by the flight in first request.

Following flights were all in my preferences.

As predicted by many I think the new system will be better in top bid groups. Problems will be with the lower ones.

Omar_Baba
22nd Oct 2015, 17:16
RHS 777, top bid group and in the top of the seniority list

Didn't get my requests.... they were given to colleagues of lower seniority in bid groups 2 and 3

Got none of my Highest or high requests (which were for flight number any day of the month) they were awarded to mostly lower seniority colleagues, only 3 of my colleagues for the flights for the highest preference were in my bid group 1, 8 colleagues in bid group 2, 10 colleagues in bid group 3, 7 colleagues in bid group 4 and 2 in bid group 5.

Its a Joke... 10 flights, 5 turns and 5 layovers (3 of which i bid for) and 9 days off, of which only on two occasions are the days consecutive days of 2.:ugh::ugh:

White Sausage
22nd Oct 2015, 17:18
777 LHS, middle bid. Got absolutely nothing I bid for, as usual. Am getting absolutely tired of this crap and start looking for a real airline :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Eau de Boeing
22nd Oct 2015, 17:53
LHS 380, bottom bid. Had zero expectations but got days off and 1 trip I requested.

Rest is all sh*t though!

Pointer
22nd Oct 2015, 18:04
777 LHS

Got one preference repeated 3 times, 9 days off and 93hrs

middle bid, 2/3 down on seniority (not that thát matters anymore)

will repeat same bid next month.. see if there is a consistency..

Pointer :E

Sheikh Your Bootie
22nd Oct 2015, 18:41
Middle Bid.

777 LHS

Got 1 preference flight I bid for, and that was the lowest. All other flights, and days off not what I wanted. I bid for Europe, UK, US. Got Asia and Subcontinent Turns :=:=

Complete cack EK. You were warned that these 5 requests and preferences were not going to work, and so far that is the case for 95% of posters here (Not scientific survey). EK can try and pull the wool over some peoples eyes, but for the vast majority we see this new system as utter rubbish. its supposed to improve things, not make them worse. :ugh::ugh:
Anyhow, lets hope JA takes over, at least he tries to sort things.

If you don't write in with unemotive but factual e mails to JA, TCAS etc, then you only have yourself to blame if you continue to get poor rosters. Take note!!

SyB :zzz:

Omar_Baba
22nd Oct 2015, 19:06
I agree with SyB.

I've already sent an email to pilot bid help, even though I know it's pointless for changing this roster but I encourage everyone dissatisfied with their rosters to do so as it might give fleet/scheduling a wake up call. Speaking to friends and looking on the site I fail to see how they came to the conclusion of 95% satisfaction?

GoreTex
22nd Oct 2015, 19:12
top bid, senior 380, LHS, not one of my requests

linedriva
22nd Oct 2015, 19:15
LHS 777
Top bid
Got the days off requested and one preference.
The rest is ****e - Never had this many turns in one month, let alone top bid! But there is PPC to screw with the 'system'.

But not really that surprised - The system will benefit the company, not the 'valued' employees.

Pointer
22nd Oct 2015, 19:17
Sorry of topic..

Is it just me or is anyone able to swap? I have been trying several options but it continuously returns with "exceeds productivity.. yes.. I know.. thats what they have planned me at..

Oh 380 drivers.. :suspect: you keep the days off a mystery.. every single one of you.. got something to hide? :}

Pointer :E

homoeconomicus
22nd Oct 2015, 20:14
welcome to hell ... poor young lads with 30 years before retirement lol. You went straight to hell before you had a
Chance to get a life. I'm sorry you have to go through this :-(
God bless you all !!!

BobDole
23rd Oct 2015, 02:17
Middle Bid, mid-list LHS 330/340, and absolutely nothing I bid for.

:D

dashman20
23rd Oct 2015, 02:56
777 rhs.
Got 5 days off I needed,one of the lower preferences
4 times and none of the others-top bid.84 hrs plus sim.
Looking forward to being bottom next month!

jet576
23rd Oct 2015, 03:54
Middle bid group 777. Not one thing I bid for. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why only 5 bid lines? Why more eswap restrictions?

By far the worst roster ever. We now have zero control of our rosters and our lives.

New CRS system :ugh:

moneyhoon
23rd Oct 2015, 05:49
Mid bid 777 RHS zero bids awarded. :yuk:

DuneMentat
23rd Oct 2015, 07:47
777 RHS
Second bottom got days off and one preference plus 4 days of rsv converted into a trip.

BigGeordie
23rd Oct 2015, 08:29
A380, 2nd top bid group. Got my one request (although not the top one) and everything else was a preference (again, not the highest ones). I made a fairly generic bid and obviously if you bid for LHR and there are 5 flights a day you are more likely to get one than if you ask for YYZ on a particular day but still, it worked okay for me.

For the 777 guys who didn't get what they asked for- the fact is that the Boeing now does a lot of awful turnarounds- too many for just the bottom bid groups. Nobody bids for these but somebody has to do them so there will probably be low satisfaction for the Boeing no matter what bidding system the company uses. That is only going to get worse as the 330/340 is phased out. Welcome to your future.

Having said all that it is still ridiculous that we are only allowed to ask for 5 things in our top two bid groups and will only be awarded one. And still no "avoid" option. The new system is undoubtedly rubbish- at least the way the company has implemented it.

CAT3A
23rd Oct 2015, 08:32
100% satisfaction for the company

Not happy at all

AlanPardew
23rd Oct 2015, 08:45
Managerial role, low seniority, bid for lots of French got quite a few last year when based at Newcastle but none now. Hoping for European trips but nothing this year, maybe some next year if things go well

Alan

320DRIVER
23rd Oct 2015, 10:18
There would be one metric to check bid satisfaction.

One can check if the number of Giveaway and Wanted requests on eSwap has increased after the change to the new system.

More swap requests = less satisfied bidders.

ruserious
23rd Oct 2015, 13:01
Big Bus, 2nd top bid

Got my top request
Got 3 times top preference
15 days off

Summary, worked for me this month!

White Knight
24th Oct 2015, 03:59
380, 2nd top.

1 Request
1 Preference
73 hours with a week of leave
9 Days Off

I can live with that I think...

fatbus
24th Oct 2015, 05:27
380 lhs 2nd top 2 trips requested and 15 days off

Ophion
24th Oct 2015, 07:12
777 LHS.
2nd top bid.

Got 3 of my top request trip and 1 of my other request.

Lots of manual insertions in between.

97 (!) hours.
9 days off.

v1r8
24th Oct 2015, 08:18
Ophion, 97 hours (block) with 9 days off is this for real !:yuk::{

Monarch Man
24th Oct 2015, 08:50
Close to Bottom Bid, leave etc etc got the days off before leave I bid for, but still 70hrs:ugh: at the maximum.
Not going to improve until more of you reprobates stop leaving and making management look bad! And the airframes keep coming, and entering "unscheduled" maintenance.

alwayzinit
24th Oct 2015, 16:42
Bottom bid 777 LHS

Leave, got 2 days off after leave followed by trip 2xoff, trip 2xoff, trip 2xoff, trip 2xoff. Total 78.30hrs.

Didn't really get anything I bid for but not a bad pattern, at least there are gaps in between trips.

Fuzuma
25th Oct 2015, 17:06
Hi gents and ladies,

Is there any system in place, whereby you are allowed to challenge flights bid for, but not awarded to you, and for some reason awarded to junior bidders?

V1cutz
25th Oct 2015, 17:14
lol...now that's funny. They can really care less about your roster satisfaction and who gets what.

Omar_Baba
25th Oct 2015, 17:57
Fuzuma

Unfortunately seniority doesn't come into preference bids it's only down to bid group therefore, all are equal in the bid group. Request are different they take seniority into account but even if you get a trip before the optimzer runs through the preferences it doesn't guarantee you'll keep that trip.
I had the same problem this month where my highest preference ended up given to 2/3rds of people not in the top two bid groups. Unfortunately as V1cutz said they don't care and there's not a great deal you can do.... Just roll with the punches.... :ouch::ouch::ouch:

Kapitanleutnant
26th Oct 2015, 02:50
So…. what's really changed from what EK used to have then? It seems everyone is getting what they used to get with the old system. Some get most of what they wanted and 15 days off in top bid months (as expected)… others in lower groups getting absolutely nothing they bid for. Am I reading this thread correctly? What's changed?

You can bet AAR has his hands all over this and is making sure the manual insertion department is alive and well….

K

RedB@ron
26th Oct 2015, 04:08
777 RHS

94 hours, with RTGS and PPC. Insane!

fatbus
26th Oct 2015, 04:57
And people wonder why DECs 777

Fuzuma
26th Oct 2015, 05:32
Thanks OB for the clarity, it's greatly appreciated

Wh1sper
26th Oct 2015, 10:13
Write to TCAS and JA. The more e-mails the better!
95% success rate...Yeah right.

haveago
26th Oct 2015, 13:19
Have to admit the new system worked well for me. 330 LHS bottom bid and only got 8 night turns. Result! That of course goes with the 8 day turns as well! Im feeling loved and very special to be able to fly so often, not to mention the comfortable drive in the volvo too and from. Honestly, why would anyone want to leave?? Safe flying people!!

inverter
26th Oct 2015, 22:49
Top bid, got 60hrs with choice of flights to same destination, Thrice in a row! Leave plus PPC & the usual.
a day off after leave that can't be swapped. system declares off Mandatory after leave, (since when .....)
Minimum of 12hrs rest between few flights, that gives a shared rest of a night flight after an early morning departure for a night flight in 12-14hrs.
Go figure the deal.
Hello Tom...... Hello Hello!

Kempus
28th Oct 2015, 03:50
Maybe a bit off topic but it's still regarding our horrendous rosters but can a sick day be counted as a rest day for a report between 2200-0459?

Buys Ballot
28th Oct 2015, 05:48
Got everything I wanted.
A380 F/O
Middle group

SmileyRy
28th Oct 2015, 08:50
380 FO bottom bid group. Given only one preference which is more than I expected I guess. Don't see any difference from the old system though. No worries I'm outta here in December which will be my best roster ever!:)