PDA

View Full Version : Monarch - Birmingham

Bootleg
17th Oct 2015, 18:47
Hi all, just wondered if anyone could give me some info on Monarch's current scheduling from BHX - routes, crew in times, how many sectors per day, how many (if any) nights away, length of crew duty day, average flying hours per year, etc. Basically, any info that you'd want to know if you were considering applying for a position with the company. Thanks.

BlueA330
18th Oct 2015, 11:10
Keep a wide birth

OltonPete
18th Oct 2015, 12:17
Bootleg

Terms and Endearment thread is the best bet for specifics re rostering, pay and sectors.

Monarch at BHX operate very different seasonal schedules as I am sure you would expect.

Summer 15 was 8 based this summer although only 7 Monarch aircraft with Jet Airtime 73G the other one. Destinations are the usual suspects - PMI, MAH, IBZ, ALC, AGP, BCN, FAO, FNC, TFS, ACE, LPA, FUE, VCE, FCO, SSH, NCE, PVK, HER, DBV, BJV, DLM, GIB, LCA & PFO. It doesn't take much working out that the above basically means 2 sector days in the main if not all.

Winter sees the base only really shrink to 6/7 aircraft but much reduced flying especially Tuesday and Wednesdays (three used some months). They add ski routes to Salzburg and Turin but they are only weekly.

Summer 16 indicates 8 based again.

I am not going to endorse the previous comment but ownership has changed and a bit of background research might be worthwhile if you have not done that already.

Pete

ZeBedie
18th Oct 2015, 16:28
The morning flights are very early and there are lots of them under EASA FTL's. Enjoy.

Bootleg
19th Oct 2015, 22:56
OltonPete,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the info supplied. Useful.