PDA

View Full Version : Roster request embargo

Blowback
17th Oct 2015, 13:34
Okay now that CH has gone , why can't we get rid of this ridiculous roster request embargo from mid Dec to early Jan .?
I have never understood the reasoning behind this archaic system . It's a request nothing more , and judging by my abysmal success rate not much notice is taken of the requests anyway .

So should a pilot want to spend Christmas with relatives in London NY or Australia why can't he / she request that particular trip ?
Rostering does not have to grant the request ,but if they gave priority to pilots who want to be in a certain port over Christmas or New Year it would keep a lot more people happy .
But no they would rather allocate it to someone who doesn't want it and piss everyone off in the process. We all understand that some of us have to work over Christmas /New Year , but why not attempt to satisfy as many requests as possible instead of this blanket ban .

Way to go

spleener
17th Oct 2015, 14:01
It's not that difficult surely. It seems to work at CNY.
Meantime: I seem to recall the embargo was for a week before Christmas until a week after NY. Now it only accepts requests -9 / +9 days. ie up to 17th Dec, and 9th Jan and after.
Have we been a little bit stiffed again?

asianeagle
18th Oct 2015, 06:20
Okay now that CH has gone

Don't be so sure of that... I saw him walking IN the back door 3 days ago!!