PDA

View Full Version : Pan Pan Pan. Urgent baggage issue BA LHR

CRX
16th Oct 2015, 09:21
Hi all,
A shot in the dark I know but hoping someone can help please...
On 13 Oct I flew BA 1315 from ABZ to LHR then onwards to China to work. Transferring onto CZ304 to CAN.
My bag didn't make it.
I am having a huge issue locating this bag because China Southern won't talk to BA and find whether it was put into the long haul flight. I have tracked it to LHR and then the trail goes cold. BA tell me to deal with CZ.
My huge concern is because on this one occasion I put my logbook in the case. Five years of flying gone. I am desperate to get this back.
If anyone is in a position to check or ask locally on my behalf I would be incredibly grateful. I suspect it is in LHR somewhere.
Name: GIBBS
bag tag: BA 409002

Please help if you can because I am struggling over here to make headway.
Many thanks.
CRX.

THR RED ACC
16th Oct 2015, 09:49
Have you attempted to contact China Airlines about the issue?
Surely there is somewhat some legal action which may be able to help you considering it is classified as "lost luggage"?

CRX
16th Oct 2015, 11:40
Yes it is on their system. But the system is clunky and doesn't work with international baggage tracing systems. They have actually asked me to contact 'London' and chase myself. BA stick to the line of contact the last airline. Hence my stalemate.
I was hoping the power of PPRUNE might just lead to someone happening upon it in a warehouse somewhere.
Small case grey and red if you do.
Thanks again.

barry lloyd
16th Oct 2015, 15:16
China Southern iirc, are handled by Cobalt. Have you been in touch with them?

CRX
16th Oct 2015, 16:47
Thanks very much Barry.
I have just emailed them. Hopefully getting closer to a resolution. Head meeting brick wall over here!!!
Cheers.
CRX.

No longer ATC
22nd Oct 2015, 08:55
Did you get any news yet CRX? I used to work in BA baggage tracing, might be able to help..

CRX
1st Nov 2015, 14:35
Hi all,
Sorry for delay, Internet access sometimes tricky in China.
The bag turned up four days after I did, with no explanation given, or no clues as to where it had been.
Thanks for all the suggestions and help. A big lesson learned and I shall not be putting important stuff in my checked bag in the future.
Thanks again, please feel free to delete the thread.

CRX.