PDA

View Full Version : CX838

Michael Hunt
15th Oct 2015, 02:44
The Hello Kitty fan club were all a Twitter about some sort of kerfuffle on CX838 the other day?
Any word boys?
Gotta love a cabin crew rumour.

MENELAUS
15th Oct 2015, 03:14
Mike Hunt's about right in your case. This has been dealt with. FFS get a grip.

ACMS
15th Oct 2015, 03:21
Well come on do tell.......

What happened?

crwkunt roll
15th Oct 2015, 03:22
If it was dealt with, we would have heard about it by now. If it was true that is.

gearupmaxpower
15th Oct 2015, 03:46
There is no story. Not that concerns any of you. This thread has been removed already. It will be removed again.

Move on. This is not this forum. Rumors have a habit of getting out of control for no reason. This is such a case.

You have been warned.

scavengepump
15th Oct 2015, 04:06
And who made you chief swinging di*k GUMP?? Don't get yourself in a sweat - the truth will come out whether its here or elsewhere!

betpump5
15th Oct 2015, 04:13
....because of the person concerned.

broadband circuit
15th Oct 2015, 04:15
Without judging or knowing the real truth, the reality is that rumours are bouncing around the cabin crew at 1000 miles an hour.

Maybe if there was some genuine facts out there the rumours could be squashed.

betpump5
15th Oct 2015, 04:19
" because there is truth to this, its sensitive."

Oh OK Sydney man. So let's stop talking about low experience levels, RPs, HKPA etc etc because its true? Ridiculous. This is the perfect forum for something this juicy.

Agree with scavenge pump. Who made GUMP the Chief swinging D***

Woof etc
15th Oct 2015, 04:40
Oh well, guess we will all have to ask the cabin crew on our next flight.

What's the point of a rumour network if rumours aren't permitted :ugh::ugh:

gearupmaxpower
15th Oct 2015, 05:03
Geez. You idiots really don't get the big picture, do you?

I don't give a toss about the individual. It's us as a group it is going to reflect on.

And Scangepump - yes, the truth will get out. But not here. Things have a habit of being twisted on this network.The truth is nowhere near what you may have heard.

betpump5
15th Oct 2015, 05:08
Thanks GUMP. I'm sure you have "our" interests at heart.

Cafe City
15th Oct 2015, 05:49
Must be all over Yammer then...:hmm:

superfrozo
15th Oct 2015, 06:13
Well for pity's sake, don't "Like" it or you'll be i̶n̶t̶i̶m̶i̶d̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ asked to front up to the Chief Pilot :ugh:

betpump5
15th Oct 2015, 07:12
. Well for pity's sake, don't "Like" it or you'll be i̶n̶t̶i̶m̶i̶d̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ asked to front up to the Chief Pilot

I wonder which Chief pilot it will be :}

ACMS
15th Oct 2015, 07:24
Oh for gods sake

What happened?

Yonosoy Marinero
15th Oct 2015, 07:27
Boy, this is fun.

I have no bleedin' clue what's going on, but it's great!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/12aW6JtfvUdcdO/200.gif

Michael Hunt
15th Oct 2015, 08:03
There is no story. Not that concerns any of you. This thread has been removed already. It will be removed again.

Move on. This is not this forum. Rumors have a habit of getting out of control for no reason. This is such a case.

You have been warned.

So what you're saying is I should have posted my question to MoveAlongNothingToSeeHere.com ?
Warned?..... Warned about what? Making an anonymous post to an aviation rumour forum about an aviation rumour and complying with the rules pertaining to anonymity laid down by that same aviation rumour forum?

Now, to be clear I was a bit shocked when I heard the name of the fellow alleged to be the subject of this rumour because it would be totally out of character so the veracity of this cabin crew driven rumour is already in question in my opinion.
So that's why asked the original question.
So those gentlemen with their shorts all wound up in a bunch.........Unclench the cheeks.

LaVillaStrangiato
15th Oct 2015, 08:14
Surely, there are rumours that are below us as, professional pilots, to engage in.

Let’s move past this one.

betpump5
15th Oct 2015, 08:14
Couldn't agree anymore with you Mike Hunt. Too many guys here getting on their high horse here, just because it suits them in this case but will have no problem whatsoever in engaging in any other rumor.

Perhaps the holier-than-thou gentlemen asking for restraint are from a certain fleet supporting a person who can do no wrong in their eyes...

Gordomac
15th Oct 2015, 10:22
And where is Reinhardt in all this ? Can't I just google "Rumours & News " ? No need for names or pack drill, just, what the hell happened ? Love it !

LongTimeInCX
15th Oct 2015, 14:59
Is it anybody else's business? I'd suggest not.
But If you really want to know, ask the operating captain of the flight.
So I'm with GUMP on this one one, it does none of us any good gossiping about it on here.
The story doing the rounds on watsap is full of holes and inconsistencies, so I for one would rather it be left well alone.

Whatever happened to the presumption of innocence fellas?
Come on guys.

(And Betpump, your post #16 - a little decorum perhaps?)

Oasis
15th Oct 2015, 17:54
I am astounded at the level of maturity displayed here today.
Let us hope the same respect will be given to the next round of wrongly-accused g day workers.

cpdude
15th Oct 2015, 21:31
You guys are causing so much damage in pursuit of your curiosity. Very sad.

Michael Hunt
16th Oct 2015, 01:12
Is it anybody else's business? I'd suggest not.
But If you really want to know, ask the operating captain of the flight.
So I'm with GUMP on this one one, it does none of us any good gossiping about it on here.
The story doing the rounds on watsap is full of holes and inconsistencies, so I for one would rather it be left well alone.

Whatever happened to the presumption of innocence fellas?
Come on guys.

(And Betpump, your post #16 - a little decorum perhaps?)

Oh well that's put that to bed then. Complete non story then.

Good to see the consistency from the 'presumption of innocence ' brigade. Where did you blokes stand on the S/O 'rape' case? or maybe the infamous 'Hamburglar ' incident from many moons ago or the all time great 'grey sweater, cockpit fellatio' story a few years back?
No opinions offered on those ones???? No scuttlebutt around the crew room. Just shut it down straight away did you with a very stern " listen boys it does us no good...........".
How high is your horse boys.

Arfur Dent
16th Oct 2015, 01:13
Methinks they protesteth too much. Back in your boxes chaps - don't go asking questions or you may do too much 'damage'.
Blimey - the appetite is well and truly whetted!!
What's the point of a rumour network if you can't share a juicy scandal without being ticked off by some jumped up know all who has exclusive access to the 'big picture'..:confused:

broadband circuit
16th Oct 2015, 01:49
I'm with Michael Hunt.

A few people are a little lacking in consistency....

cpdude
16th Oct 2015, 02:26
I truly am ashamed of some of the inconsiderate peers that I know only act this arrogant because they hide behind a perceived cloak of anonymity. Believe me, it wouldn't be too hard to find true identities if real damage is done.:=

Michael Hunt
16th Oct 2015, 03:14
Once again. If it's a non story as is claimed what's the problem.
And once again for the "shut it down or tea and bickies" brigade. No names have been mentioned and bizarrely no alleged events have been mentioned or alluded to. Which makes it arguably the most bizarre thread in PPrune history and would make any D&G procedures against any individual very unlikely.
So to sum it up so far. We have learned........At some stage on a flight between Hong Kong and Vancouver something happened with an unidentified Captain that was very scandalous according to Winnie at door 5R who told Joyce at 1L who watsapped Crystal on a G day.
I can see why you blokes are up in arms about the defamation going on here....... I had better watch myself it's an open and shut case.

Oasis
16th Oct 2015, 03:39
OMG! A womyn was offended?
Stop the world and whatsapp it everyone, EvERYONE!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132947/4640362-4777207006-vjdmU.gif

Michael Hunt
16th Oct 2015, 04:28
Maybe this as a suggestion to a company known for it's compassion and for it's strict duty of care policy.
A simple Notice to Crew.......... "It has come to our attention that a rumour is being spread amongst the Cabin Crew and some members of our FOP personnel concerning ............... We would like to set the record straight.........."

How hard would this be?
It would quash the rumours and stop this man's good name being dragged through the mud.
Seems logical to me.

superfrozo
16th Oct 2015, 04:41
Sigh - fine, in order to put everyone out of their misery, here's what happened:

During flight, as a suspected result of a "psychotic sudden onset of ethics & morality", a senior CX manager stood up and started to rant that the employees were being treated poorly. Citing such incidents as the introduction of HKPA, the selling out of the ADL Instructor cadets, the unilateral cancellation of RP07, continuous pathological degradation of Ts & Cs etc... said manager stated for the record that Management will now change their ways and start truly acting like the 'Caring Company'.

In consultation with Medlink (& Swire), said manager was pronounced obviously insane and immediately sedated & restrained.

Expect a statement from CX shortly apologizing to the Shareholders and stating that an immediate reeducation program will be introduced.

Tea time
16th Oct 2015, 05:40
Superfrozo,

Very funny post well done

Liam Gallagher
16th Oct 2015, 07:09
Apparently as they slipped the straight jacket on him, said Manager was shouting;

"Don't forget Paris, We apologise to the families, we apologise to the French people for attempting to defraud them, don't forget Paris....

And then just as the ballgag went in to shut him up he was heard to say...

"It's true, Nick and Sten did commit per...." alas the final word was never completed and we will never know what he was going say:}

Shutterbug
16th Oct 2015, 07:41
Is this about the bloke who started inappropriately touching crew and acting nutters DTing? That rumour? Just asking.....

betpump5
16th Oct 2015, 07:47
Next to which door is the Ballgag located? I've heard rumours of a gimp mask next to the restraints but still haven't found it.

slowjet
16th Oct 2015, 09:54
Yonosoy : Spilled me tea all over the keyboard ! Excellent. Now this is what makes PPrune such a delight. Amongst all the serious stuff, occasionally, a hellava good giggle. Priceless !

badge42
16th Oct 2015, 10:22
superfrozo is a troll

VR-HFX
17th Oct 2015, 09:23
Liam

I have it on good authority that his final raspy word was.....rosebud.

spleener
17th Oct 2015, 11:43
Some amusing stuff here.
But.
Time to burn this thread methinks.

betpump5
17th Oct 2015, 11:54
Care to tell us Why?

cpdude
17th Oct 2015, 17:31
Well, the way I see it, you're either extremely immature or an outsider troll looking for dirt. But if you are one of us, then nothing is stopping you from heading on upstairs and asking the individual yourself.

rmcdonal
17th Oct 2015, 23:50
Well, the way I see it, you're either extremely immature or an outsider troll looking for dirt. But if you are one of us, then nothing is stopping you from heading on upstairs and asking the individual yourself.
That's hardly fair.
How can we be immature if we have no idea what this is about?
Trolling? Nah, superfrozo had a go at trolling just because no one would say what happened, not the other way round.
Seriously whats the point in the Big R in PPRuNe if the only rumor we get is that there is a rumor, but we aren't allowed to know what it is? All that does is makes people intrigued, you can see that by the fact that this is 3 pages in and yet still no content.

Dilbert68
18th Oct 2015, 00:26
I have no idea why so many of you are rushing to this managers defense. Despite what a good guy you think he may be, he will not hesitate to put your name down next to 48 others on a list if the higher ups ask him to do so.

He should get whatever is coming to him, no sympathy here.

NoAndThen
18th Oct 2015, 00:39
6.3 Alcohol & Other Drugs
6.3.1 Appropriate Behaviour
6.3.1.1 Problematic Use of Alcohol or Other Drugs

Crew members shall not be under the adverse effect of alcohol or other drugs, including medication, to an extent so as to impair the proper performance of their duties in any respect, whilst at work.

A Crew member is considered to be ‘At Work’ where he is performing the duty related to his employment with Cathay Pacific Airways Limited. It includes the intent to carry out a flight duties, positioning, ground training, ground duties and Reserve duties.

Max Reheat
18th Oct 2015, 01:10
If it had been an iCadet you would have all crucified him by now!

Captn_Kirk
18th Oct 2015, 04:07
But if you are one of us, then nothing is stopping you from heading on upstairs and asking the individual yourself.

Ask what to whom?
Most bizarre thread ever...

betpump5
18th Oct 2015, 05:09
Forget iCadet.
Imagine if the person involved was the same position just on the other fleet.:}

3 pages this would not be. Make it 30.

slowjet
18th Oct 2015, 15:59
I must admit to considerable envy of, what appears to be a Management Pilot being fiercely protected by, er, Management. Us ordinary Bods would be left to flounder. Looks like the "Old Boy's " network , Freemasons, Privy Council , "waster" (in the Middle East) etc, etc, remain very much in charge. Boo hoo. Where do I join ? I mean, do I have to pay someone or is it an inheritance(kinda ) thing ?

cpdude
18th Oct 2015, 17:30
Captn Kirk et al,

You're either not one of ours (so it's none of your business) or you're deaf and stupid. Cause everyone listening knows who it is.

hkgcanuck
18th Oct 2015, 23:25
Pretty easy to check flight crew list for 838 around the day in question... if you actually work for CX that is.

Tea time
19th Oct 2015, 02:54
Sounds very much like gear up max thrust is one and the same individual
Wonder when his promotion is announced ?

boxjockey
19th Oct 2015, 07:59
Have a browse of the crew lists, it's not hard to figure out....

box

GTC58
20th Oct 2015, 20:26
Or ask any cabin crew .....

joblow
22nd Oct 2015, 10:42
Heard that he is taking a spot of let's call it leave
Let's see what the company do about it because had
It been any of us we would be in deep s--t

Numero Crunchero
22nd Oct 2015, 12:50
Truth and rumours!?

From my sources, and to paraphrase Mark Twain, GL's alleged crimes are grossly exaggerated!

I have heard from two second hand sources now - and neither come even close to the wonderful conjecture of the previous posts on this thread. So I will conclude by saying, rumour is far more interesting than the truth!

iflylow
22nd Oct 2015, 12:54
"I have heard from two second hand sources now..."

Yeah, glad we cleared up that rumor once and for all!

Numero Crunchero
22nd Oct 2015, 12:56
Ha ha - you got me iflylow - I missed my own hubris;-)

Beta Light
22nd Oct 2015, 15:43
2 of my second hand connections confirmed the restraining device was used. Yeah, the rumor is way exaggerated.

airplaneridesrfun
23rd Oct 2015, 23:36
my second hand connections confirmed the restraining device was used.

But what were they used for?

speedyb
24th Oct 2015, 03:27
Some clown went barmy. What's the bid deal?

Beta Light
24th Oct 2015, 13:30
The big deal is that if it was any other employee they would be out of a job and possibly on a no fly list. It's the double standard. " We hold our managers to a high standard" is the big deal.

Stanwell
25th Oct 2015, 05:58
.... and besides, it's not as if he does it very often. :rolleyes:

Synchronize
25th Oct 2015, 06:31
Well if that was the issue ,then he clearly needs to go back to ground school
He should have known that it is impossible to open a door in flight .

But yes it's a total double standard .
Look at what happened to the chief pilot of the Seattle fly by incident . so will this be judged in the same light .?

The major issue now becomes , how will he ever be in a position to discipline a crew member for any minor infraction of the rules ?

Lowkoon
25th Oct 2015, 11:05
Synchro, only if it makes you tube.

cannot
5th Nov 2015, 05:45
I don't see how he can ever return to his previously held position after something like this
It will be very interesting to see how this will be handled once he returns from sick leave , or will the the ever pervasive double standards be applied as per usual

Trafalgar
5th Nov 2015, 08:44
The ONLY thing this company does well is double standards. :ugh:

JammedStab
5th Nov 2015, 09:17
Attempted door opening.

Don't you go to jail for attempting to open a door in flight?

geh065
5th Nov 2015, 09:24
I have it on good authority that most of the rumours are untrue.

geh065
5th Nov 2015, 11:47
Has it occurred to you that the 4 pilots and many cabin crew from that day have been flying around and telling people what the truth actually is?

Scoreboard
5th Nov 2015, 12:13
Memories are so short on this ..

Anyone remember the off duty drunk guy who in his poor state after a nite on the town took home a Octupus machine?

If you appeared in the office during that bruhaa there was a large cadre of managers calling for said guys dismissal... He survived by grace.....and maybe an act of kindness....but

The double standard this reeks of is disgusting....

And anyone who peels the line "on good authority" is helping the company spin..

GL is a good guy but unless there is mitigating circumstances or the incident is highly exaggerated....he should face the higher standard that senior officers such as Captains and even higher standards that should be held for managers....with transparency and not the cloak and dagger coverup thats occuring

Oasis
5th Nov 2015, 21:00
I would allow a case of double standard in this case, if necessary.(not that it matters!)
He is one of the guys and is one of the few up there doing a responsible job of keeping things safe and fair.
True leadership, and not just a yes-man.

Gnadenburg
7th Nov 2015, 00:52
There's an elephant in the living room.

Stilnox and friends.

Just Do It
7th Nov 2015, 01:36
The elephant in the room must have read Part A regarding the use of such medicines.

The company has zero tolerance to such behaviour!

Sleeping drug linked to deadly side-effects

Print
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Broadcast: 19/02/2008
Reporter: Deborah Cornwall
There's growing debate over claims some commonly prescribed sleeping pills are linked to bizarre side effects and even death. Now one family is campaigning to ban them after their daughter died after jumping off a bridge.

Transcript
KERRY O'BRIEN: The drug Stilnox is one of the most popular sleeping pills in the world, but after several years of controversy it's under review by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

In the past few years there has been a growing number of reports to a national consumer hotline linking the drug to up to 14 deaths and a range of bizarre side effects, from hallucinations to sleep driving.

The TGA last year upgraded its warnings to Stilnox users. But many health professionals believe the drug is now being over-prescribed and often misused by patients, and such is the concern the TGA will tomorrow consider whether Stilnox needs to be rescheduled as a drug of abuse.

STILNOX®
zolpidem tartrate
Consumer Medicine Information
WARNING: ZOLPIDEM MAY BE ASSOCIATED WITH UNUSUAL AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS BEHAVIOURS WHILST APPARENTLY ASLEEP. THESE HAVE INCLUDED SLEEP WALKING, DRIVING MOTOR VEHICLES AND OTHER BIZARRE BEHAVIOURS. SOME MEDICINES MAY INTERACT WITH ZOLPIDEM AND PARTICULAR CAUTION IS NEEDED WITH OTHER DRUGS THAT MAY ALSO ACT ON THE BRAIN; BEFORE YOU TAKE ZOLPIDEM REFER TO THE "TAKING OTHER MEDICINES" SECTION BELOW OR ASK YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST. YOU MUST NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WHEN YOU TAKE ZOLPIDEM. DO NOT TAKE ZOLPIDEM FOR MORE THAN 4 WEEKS. IF YOUR SLEEP PROBLEMS CONTINUE, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR.

Progress Wanchai
7th Nov 2015, 01:37
Curtain Rod, et al,

There is nothing new in the way cx has handled this incident. There's no double standards or hypocrisy. It's the same old playbook they use time and time again. It doesn't matter if it's an operational matter or breach of discipline.

Do nothing, say nothing.
Those involved given a few weeks PRA and hidden away.
See if the media finds anything, and, if so, what their take on it is.
Act in accordance with the suggestions from the editor of the Apple Daily.

Remember every office in cx city from the 9th floor down had a framed photo of the wilkinson sword. Right up until the day CNN lampooned it as a cowboy stunt. I hope those photos were placed in the recycle bin and not just shredded.
And the same playbook was used with the crew of cx780. "We have no comment until the investigation is complete". In the meantime, the media and aviation bodies worldwide were singing the praises of the crew involved with cx's belated praise being mute, weak and looking ridiculous.

Changing the playbook would require leadership.
That's not going to happen while this circus meanders along with Ivan the Invisible and Anna the Incompetent.

Arfur Dent
7th Nov 2015, 02:40
"Leadership"
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!
Not a shred of that particular attribute has been in evidence anywhere in Cathay for years.
'Yes men' and 'Yes ladies' one and all. Do as your told. Never argue or resign ( not one Manager has ever resigned in protest - even when ordered to fire their own colleagues).
Expecting 'Leadership' from a culture developed over decades is as futile as expecting accountants to take a back seat in Swire's decision- making processes. It ain't going to happen.

Oval3Holer
7th Nov 2015, 02:41
I thought BS resigned in protest.

ByAirMail
8th Nov 2015, 00:17
Wrong! 18 months ago a pilot was accused of smelling of alcohol, 3 days later he was out of the building. No media involvement. In his hearing, the GMA only had one line , straight from Part A as quoted in a previous post.
Various lawyers was amazed in how tests was performed, scaring me for the future as CX propose random testing, but that is another subject matter.
Advice from lawyers to said pilot was , it is a slam dunk case, just not in Hong Kong against Swire.
A definite double standard..

Network
8th Nov 2015, 14:40
Progress Wan Chai

No argument with the general sentiment of your latest post (no 85)........

however I seem to recall a ready endorsement and support of the CX780 crew by the Airbus fleet office very soon after the event, before any investigation had been started let alone completed.

An easy Google search provides the following:

Crew Actions
The Captain and First Officer both displayed commendable professionalism and airmanship of the highest order in successfully handling the challenging situation they faced.

And justifiably so!!

Captain Dart
8th Nov 2015, 21:11
As a long time A scale management pilot, he's not poor. He can always go back to flying warbirds.

And you can open the canopy of most of those in flight.

CXtreme
9th Nov 2015, 01:11
it was obvious from the start the crew did an exceptional job. That statement suited the fleet office, a pat on the back to them self, a spinners dream.
When it came to show goodwill to the pilots, in the form of some special leave, business class travel for them and their spouses, to attend the award giving, CX did not do one bit to show support. The pilots support came from the HKAOA. Once the pilots returned from the award ceremony, CX was once again quick to milk the award to their benefit.

goathead
9th Nov 2015, 01:21
The Vindictive vicar is out to get him
He will be gone and replaced by a yes man
Mark my words
Replaced by a yes man
Another nail in the leadership drain that has occurred upstairs
Soon it will be completely ' leaderless'

Lowkoon
9th Nov 2015, 08:39
Which is exactly why the last survey scored them at 2% when it comes to integrity. And remember, the bosses were allowed to do the survey, they would make of 2% of the respondents. Looking forward to the next survey, they will struggle to get 2% this time.

LandIT
9th Nov 2015, 08:49
2% integrity is rather low. Who is going to clean up CX then?

Eyes only
9th Nov 2015, 09:39
The hello kitty shark fin website is saying the top two cabin crew on the flight might be the first to be asked to tender their letters....

Oasis
9th Nov 2015, 10:10
Do you have a link to the website?

LongTimeInCX
9th Nov 2015, 12:27
That would be an interesting labour law exercise, as I'm led to believe the ISM was YVR based. Not sure Canadians would take too kindly to their based cabin crew being asked to quit. And to what end?
Could it have been because medlink wasn't called, or maybe she just wanted to get home quickly.
I've seen no reason why additional collateral damage should head their way, unless of course it wasn't handled very well by them.....

joblow
10th Nov 2015, 23:43
Well if that's true it's a travesty of justice . The incident was not caused by their actions or inaction .
There is only one person responsible and he has to take personal responsibility for his actions

iceman50
11th Nov 2015, 02:53
Or could it be they started the rumour on social networks??