PDA

View Full Version : Aviatrix Book

Kavok
14th Oct 2015, 14:05
Goodmorning everyone,
my name is Roberto and I live in Italy.
several years ago, while I was close to my girlfriend in a hospital turkish, I found a book written in Italian which was about a love story of a girl aviator.
Unfortunately I do not remember neither the title nor the author, but only the plot.
The book tells the story of a lived aviatrix after Amelia Earhart, of which had a very high regard.
Daughter of an airman, I think the first world war, owner of a small airport, had a love affair with the flight instructor of the school which was much bigger of her, therefore held secret; The romance ended when he was drafted for World War and were lost to sight.
She soon became a great aerobatic pilot, often invited to various air shows.
she too missing as Amelia Earhart as she tried the world tour
I realize it is very little, but it would be fantastic if you can help me, even know the name of the aviatrix.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Roberto

P.s Sorry for the my English :uhoh:

India Four Two
15th Oct 2015, 01:15
Roberto,

Welcome to PPRuNe. Don't worry about your English!

An interesting story. Can you remember which country the story was set in?

Kavok
15th Oct 2015, 09:10
It was set in the United States, but I can't remember which.
Roberto

Warmtoast
15th Oct 2015, 22:32
Kavok

Although not fiction, Flying Magazine (USA) January 1961 contains an article (page 54) about Leading Ladies in Aviation. Perhaps your book was based on one of these ladies' activities?

Magazine can be read here: https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Flying_Magazine.html?id=1ZUDOCzJUrcC&redir_esc=y

Kavok
16th Oct 2015, 20:00
I carefully read all the flying magazine, but unfortunately I did not find the story of aviatrix the book....

megan
17th Oct 2015, 04:32
Roberto, as a long shot, you might try working your way through this listing to see if any name is familiar. Clicking on a name will take you to a precis of their history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Female_aviators

Good hunting.