PDA

View Full Version : Corowa Landing Fees

Xray Tango
14th Oct 2015, 11:07
Noticed that there's now " landing fees " at the shire owned and operated Corowa Airport, wonder which shire will be next ?

CHAIRMAN
14th Oct 2015, 14:07
How are they monitoring the movements to collect the fees?
Most monitoring systems in small GA aerodromes cost more than they collect.

Ovation
15th Oct 2015, 01:55
I'm sure it's been asked before, but is it legal to record radio transmissions from aircraft?

TOUCH-AND-GO
15th Oct 2015, 04:13
I'm sure it's been asked before, but is it legal to record radio transmissions from aircraft

As far as I'm aware of, no it isn't illegal in Australia. However I have been told otherwise that New Zealand it is.

Cheerio!

YPJT
15th Oct 2015, 04:15
Most monitoring systems in small GA aerodromes cost more than they collect.
A simple audio recording program plugged into a scanner and enhanced with some off the shelf CCTV eqpt and voila. It is neither expensive nor difficult.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but is it legal to record radio transmissions from aircraft? Avdata have been doing it for years so my guess is that it is kosher.

gerry111
15th Oct 2015, 12:55
I'm not so sure that Corowa Shire Council is charging "landing fees" for itinerant non-commercial aircraft at YCOR, Xray Tango.

A quick read of Council's 2016 FY charges shows a fee for regular non commercial users of $500 P/A multiplied by MTOW per tonne.

Sure, that is very unwelcome as it is also double that of last year. And the local ratepayers are facing 7% rises too.

I suppose that if we want particular services, someone has to pay for them.

Homesick-Angel
16th Oct 2015, 12:01
Just use someone else's call sign... Save yourself a few bob for the awesome Corowa night life...

gerry111
16th Oct 2015, 13:26
I feel for the owners of ABC and XYZ. But so much more; WTF.. :eek: