PDA

View Full Version : Flight Radar 24

Mr_Grubby
13th Oct 2015, 14:05
I have been enjoying FR 24 for about a year now.

Today though the format of presentation has changed. It used to show a solid line of the aircrafts track flown. Now it just shows a dotted line ahead of the aircrafts track, not what I want to see.

Any thoughts or ideas on this ??

C. :confused:

Union Jack
13th Oct 2015, 14:19
Any thoughts or ideas on this ??

Yes - may I suggest that you have another look, and try a number of different tracks.

Jack

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Oct 2015, 15:06
Mr Grubby ought to know what he's at - he's a retired NATS radar controller.

I've notice some strange things too - I saw a KLM Heathrow inbound, right-hand downwind. When I clicked it to follow the track it showed a dashed black line direct from CLN. An inbound BA Shuttle shows a similar line straight from Belfast.

Any clues anyone please?

DaveReidUK
13th Oct 2015, 15:37
The dashed black line appears to be a crudely plotted Great Circle from an arbitrary point along the aircraft's actual route (shown up to that point in purple) and terminating at the aircraft's current position.

Not awfully helpful, in other words.

It's as if FR24 is throwing away the last portion of the actual flightpath, for reasons I don't understand.

ericlday
13th Oct 2015, 17:45
From Flightradar24.com - We are currently experiencing an issue that may affect trails and flight information. We are working hard to correct this. Thank you for your patience.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Oct 2015, 17:48
Thank you folks. Much appreciated.

Mr_Grubby
13th Oct 2015, 18:03
Thank you Flight 24. All service seems to be back in order !!
Well done & thanks very much !!
Clint. :ok::ok:

kcockayne
13th Oct 2015, 18:32
"Mr.Grubby ought to know what he's at".

That's what they used to say when he was on the TMAS ! Just a joke, Clint. See you soon.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Oct 2015, 20:09
KC Get him to tell you the "Glass Eye Story". It'll blow your socks off.... or maybe you were there?

Union Jack
13th Oct 2015, 20:20
Glad it all seems to have been sorted, although, at the time earlier, I posted all the tracks I looked at were showing as normal.:ok:

Jack

kcockayne
13th Oct 2015, 21:21
HD

I'm off to see him soon, at home & not in hospital; I hope ! I don't recollect that one, so I'll be sure to ask him. thanks for that

Keith

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Oct 2015, 21:35
KC OK. Please pass him my very best. Thanks
Bren McCartney (Ex-EGLL and TC/EGLL)