PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Medical - yes, again....

TikkiRo
18th Jun 2002, 12:57
I know I've enquired about this one previously but perhaps in a differetn slant. I believe the NPPL is going to become 'live' fairly soon - what I'm now trying to ascertain is how will my GP get info on what type of medical to put me through ??:confused: Will it be my responsibility to get forms and take them to her, or is she going to be supplied with them and relevant info?? She's requesting a lot of upfront information on what her responsibilities would be in this area should I pursue it later this year. I presume we'll all get full notification of when the licence is fully avaiable and presumably some more information later on perhaps?? Just looking to pick up some goss on the ground so to speak, in advance.

Thanks
TR :)

flying snapper
18th Jun 2002, 15:18
Good point - I would also like to know how to go about getting a medical for the NPPL(Hopefully it won't include spelling! eh TikkiRO - only joking!!).

Well BEagle, whats the plan for this??:p

fen boy
18th Jun 2002, 16:51
check out the DVLC website for their medical standards for HGV drivers. This is what the NPPL medical is based on and will be the requirments your GP will judge you against.