PDA

View Full Version : The Stink of BA Dirty Tricks

Reheater
18th Jun 2002, 12:32
Strange the timing of the CHIRP leak. Does it or does it not coincide with BA,s revised pricing structures through some parts of Europe. It stinks to high heaven. The last salvo from a sinking ship?

Wobbler
18th Jun 2002, 13:04
Well, well Reheater - yet another BA loather joins Pprune. You claim to have an ATPL so you will know that CHIRP gets sent to every UK Commercial licence holder - probably not far off 10000 people - the edition with this report in came out a number of weeks ago. The reports are available as well I believe, to read on the CHIRP web site. To suggest that BA leaked information that is in the public domain and has been for quite some weeks now is frankly absurd. I hope your future contributions to the forum will be rather less paranoid and significantly more informed.

Flip Flop Flyer
18th Jun 2002, 13:34
Well, Reheater, if you must plaster this site with consipracy theories you could at least have been a little creative. Now, what if MOL or an associate "leaked" this information to the press, in an effort to discredit the CHIRP system. It's already been washed through the Pprune machine, god knows what the wonderful english press could get of that. However, with a discredited CHIRP system then MOL could, should a report be published naming his airline, point to the flawed and discredited CHIRP system and get away with it. Damnn, I could have charged huge spindoctor money on that one ;)

In either case, this belongs to JB not this forum.

greatorex
18th Jun 2002, 14:06
A somewhat tenuous theory, I think!

Amazon man
18th Jun 2002, 14:26
Reaheater

I suggest you you crawl back under your stone and go back to sleep, this story surfaced weeks if not months ago, some bored journalist has obviously been trawling through Pprune archives.

I for one have never heard any low cost airline pilots saying anything different to anybody else andf it is rather stupid to question their training as it is no different from the rest of us. What I have noticed is a general worsening of RT discipline throughout the industry and the consequent additional pressure put on Air Traffic Controllers having to constantly keep calling people, which leads to tempers becoming a little short.

As for BA being on its last legs don't you believe it with the additional lower fares being introduced very soon we are going to be able to compete much more competitively with the so called low cost outfits, your costs are going to start rising with bigger overall size, more bases, aircraft etc. At the end of the day nobody in Europe has a network as large as BA and when the numbers start going up on the long haul this will produce even more revenue stream that the low costs simply don't have.

Konkordski
18th Jun 2002, 16:05
Could all be a double-bluff, of course, trying to suggest it's BA behind it all in order to deflect blame from...who? :p

PPRuNe Pop
18th Jun 2002, 17:02
Now now gentleman, give the man some space to reflect his absurdity. The fact that it has been in the public domain for quite a while is evidence enough that his uttering is, shall we say, weak.

On the other hand do we have a hand been played here by someone not being who he appears to be? ;)

However, there is another thread on this subject running on Reporting Points so I will close this one.

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]