PDA

View Full Version : Airframe Wanted.

rescue520
12th Oct 2015, 12:30
Gentlemen and ladies.
I am wondering if anyone has or knows of anyone who has an old airframe they would be willing to donate for an emergency rescue exercise? Looking for 6 seats+ but if someone has something smaller that will work.

Looking around the Cairns / Atherton Tablelands area. I have been in contact with mareeba they dont have anything. However from this post i have been offered a spot on a backload of a semi. So i can extend my reach to western and central queensland. Anyone?

And yes the belfast is to big to fit on a truck and get up the Gillies or Kuranda range.

hurlingham
13th Oct 2015, 03:05
Poly pipe, corrugated iron & a few hours labour if all else fails.

44 gallon drums cut lengthwise with iron over the top simulates a wing on fire for the firies.

Have fun.

aroa
13th Oct 2015, 03:31
At YMBA until 6 months ago an Aztec and Navajo fuses lay derelict for years.

Council got the wrecker to cart away ...but the Navajo fuse was laid out by the scrap yard, complete with bodies, both real and dummy with 'injuries', smoke bombs and fire pots. Made for a very realistic EMS aircraft crash exercise at night.

Fantastic finale for the old flyer before the axe.

There's still a long rotten C 182 fuse at the field.
And a dero 172 ...now..:ok: ...but that's another story.:{:yuk::yuk::D

roundsounds
13th Oct 2015, 04:03
Yep, there's bound to be more than old cessnas lying around soon.....

Assault on GA Down Under « Opinion Leaders (http://blog.aopa.org/opinionleaders/2015/10/09/assault-on-ga-down-under/)

Hasherucf
13th Oct 2015, 10:04
roundsounds. The guy mentioned in article should just got on with it. If he is a LAME the cost would have been greatly reduced.

Hard to feel sorry , done our initial SIDS and found numerous defects. Sure there will be plenty of aircraft BER. Saying that people are still asking crazy prices for non SIDS complaint aircraft.

iPahlot
13th Oct 2015, 21:04
There were a bunch of fuse's in Mareeba last time I was there, including a nice yellow Beaver (IDQ) that staked it at Green Island. (If you want something that actually looks like a crashed plane)

Kagamuga
14th Oct 2015, 03:47
At Cairns (YBCS) you have the derelict Cessna C208 caravan that went swimming years ago at Green Island. Owner got big pay out so I would have thought the airport would be glad to get rid of it.

Likewise a very derelict Chieftain (PA-31-350) sitting alongside.

Pinky the pilot
14th Oct 2015, 05:14
Likewise a very derelict Chieftain (PA-31-350) sitting alongside.

Kagamuga; Any idea what the rego is/was?

Kagamuga
14th Oct 2015, 07:34
Never took much notice... but its parked net to derelict C208 behind the Belfast. There must be someone local to assist ..... Cheers!

rescue520
17th Oct 2015, 12:05
Thanks guys. I have been in contact with mareeba they dont have anything. However from this post i have been offered a spot on a backload of a semi. So i can extend my reach to western and central queensland. Anyone?

Mr Milk
17th Oct 2015, 12:24
The caravan is a VH-CY?.... The PA31 next to it is VH-IOD another PA31 VH-AFW sits derelict nearby. There is also a new P2 registered partenavia that looks to be beyond repair. Hope you find one!

rescue520
18th Oct 2015, 04:36
Thanks Guys, I have contacted Cairns Airport, I will let you know how I go.
Thanks for your help so far

Horatio Leafblower
18th Oct 2015, 07:35
There was a tender last week for the removal of 2 x airframes from Maryborough airport.

Try the QLD Tenders site. :ok:

Progressive
19th Oct 2015, 02:22
see here:
http://www.aviationtrader.com.au/wp-content/post_images/PDFs/0501D0D8-1.pdf

gerry111
19th Oct 2015, 08:46
A rather sad looking pair of Bandits there.

rescue520
19th Oct 2015, 22:10
Thanks guys. I'll get in contact with them. Thanks for your help. Let me know if you come across anything else. (Not having much luck)

Jamair
20th Oct 2015, 10:43
Westwing have a fleet of retired Titans, 402s and Barons sitting at Mt Isa; drop em a line and see if they want to make a tax deduction by donating one to a charity (EMQs not a charity, but you could call on careflight who provide the medical crew to play ball). Savanah have a derelict and largely canabalised Baron sitting at Burketown also.

Jamair
5th Nov 2015, 08:57
It may also be worthwhile looking at Behans collection of junked airframes at Charters Towers, he took a lot of the Roma collection up there, included Queenair, 402, PA31' Shrike & others. I used one of his airframes for a MasCasEx at ROM back in the day.