PDA

View Full Version : First Yammer victim.

CXtreme
6th Oct 2015, 16:17
So a Captain vent his frustration on Yammer. Instead of a "we understand your frustration, here is how we going to help , this is the big picture".... He get s a court marshal booked by the # 1
Yammer promoter, the man who promoted it as an in house " let's talk over a beer" forum.
Time to leave social media to cabin crew posting their lunch.

Eyes only
6th Oct 2015, 17:23
Nothing happened in the fleet office follow up, some very tired people on both sides.

The problem on the line is perception of what happened how it is passed around 3rd, 4th, 5th hand. Many have been disenfranchised by the comments, some left spammer over it.

Arfur Dent
6th Oct 2015, 17:32
Simple - don't use yammer.:confused:

BillytheKid
6th Oct 2015, 20:29
What's yammer?:}

Frogman1484
6th Oct 2015, 22:39
I agree, tried it, does not work! Nothing changes or gets fixed! Waste of time:yuk:

CXtreme
7th Oct 2015, 00:45
The fact that nothing happened at the fleet office meeting is not the point. The point is that Yammer is not as social as they advertise it. M@rk H just showed you names and notes will be taken. The D.F.O. don't respond. Nothing go past the point of syber bitching.

The problem on the line is perception of what happened how it is passed around 3rd, 4th, 5th hand
Is the whole point of Yammer not to keep information flowing, providing facts and information , preventing perceptions and rumors.
I'll stick to official company websites thank you.

asianeagle
7th Oct 2015, 02:14
I've heard the DFO is no longer on yammer. I'm not a yammerer, can anyone verify?

No posts nor replies from DFO.
She has indeed gone to ground :ok:

A3301FD
7th Oct 2015, 02:17
Spammer is nothing more than bait...

If you need to vent - then Contract Compliance "aggressively".

The managers don't give a ****e, that is not why they took the job. Even if one or two care, their hands are tied. I tried Spammer. Saw that no idea or suggestion was being taken seriously or being implemented. That explains our worth to them.

The fact that one pilot has been called up for a "please explain yourself" meeting should be enough cause for those mo'tards that actually use it to exit immediately. Spammer is bait...delete.

Kendra689
7th Oct 2015, 12:24
There are no Yammer victims...simply Yammer idiots. Why would a professional pilot in this outfit get involved? It takes "gullible" to a new level.

Shep69
7th Oct 2015, 12:48
Actually, I see the 'going silent' approach as a positive thing.

When one isn't sure what to say or do, better not to say anything rather than get people incensed by saying bad things, or head down a bad path by saying the wrong things. It's the thing about a pipe (when folks actually smoked) giving a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth.

Minions can fly off the handle with relative impunity, but when one gets into a supervisory position it becomes more important to filter one's words in that they can have greater effects sometimes well beyond what intended. Or come back to bite one.

This was a lesson largely lost on those of the past.

As far as Yammer all I can say to those experiencing its glory is you had it coming. Something like this can work when people actually want to solicit input, debate, and listen. Maybe someday; not now. There needs to be a fundamental shift in philosophy and we are not there yet. There are better places for one to spend one's online time.

ACMS
8th Oct 2015, 05:36
Honestly, like writing anonomysly in here helps things!! Really.:D

Yammer may be a lot of things but at least we have the balls to write negative comments and give due criticism using our real names.

Show me your nads?

goathead
8th Oct 2015, 06:02
So when someone says something like this its going to acheive alot?
" thats ok mate Cx won the swire inter ports competition "

ACMS stop drinking the kool aid cobber
Yammer ! will acheive nothing

Hahahahahaha

ACMS
8th Oct 2015, 09:06
No worries **** enjoy **** *****

It might come to zero but some of us, and it looks like you as well, get in there and say what we think using our names....

Besides, I think if you removed that Pinapple CX shoved up your butt you'd realise the direct sarcasm and how it related directly to what CX really prioritize in this Airline.

TURIN
8th Oct 2015, 09:12
So you guys have got it too? I thought it was an in house BA thing.

I haven't used it myself for the reasons stated above. Good decision it seems. :ok:

broadband circuit
8th Oct 2015, 10:20
For the benefit on non-yammerers like me, can someone please post what this guy said that was so upsetting to MH? If not the exact wording, a summary of some sort.....

Pretty much vindicates my decision not to yammer.

Hugo Peroni the IV
8th Oct 2015, 11:34
ACMS,

i loved the yammer post from the guy who basically said 'nice new CX lanyard design, but i think we're ok for now with our red ones'.

its a bit silly but saying it like it is!

Hugo

Yonosoy Marinero
8th Oct 2015, 13:23
I've never understood why CX keeps asking us what we think, only to ignore or shun the answer.

We know we're pissed, they know we're pissed, and they don't want to do anything about it. If they want to manage their company like a Burmese military junta, what's the point of two way communication?

Tea time
8th Oct 2015, 13:58
Broadband Check your pm

Progress Wanchai
9th Oct 2015, 06:20
Yonosoy Marinero,

Cx are very interested in what you think.
They have little interest in what you say.
It's what you DON'T say that they find interesting. It's what's not being talked about that will be cut or reduced next.

The last example of this was the Aircrew Fatigue Survey carried out over 2 months in 2010 where we were all encouraged to fill out the top of descent report. "No feedback, nothing changes."
The result.
6 flights where the timing, rest or crew composition was enhanced due to a high Samn-Perelli score.
Dozens of duties where timing, rest or crew composition was reduced due to a low S-P score.
And now, 5 years later, the same FRMS survey is being used to justify a change to our RP's for the worse where low scoring 4 crew Europe and 3 crew Australia are having crew composition reduced.
The assumption was that patterns that were complained about would be changed. The reality is that patterns that WEREN'T complained about changed.
Who now believes their rosters have improved since 2010? This is before 3 crew long haul and 2 crew Aus has really kicked in.
Feedback equals change. That's why they encourage it.

Oh, and remember this line from the resulting NTC regarding the survey results?
"The UK fatigue expert involved with the survey commented that he had not seen an airline with such complexity in rostering" GMF. HC.
Don't see them using that quote too often. The preferred line now is "well, others are doing it, why can't we?"

Back to yammer. If it's not being discussed, it will be attacked.
I strongly urge those living in the Four Seasons to start a thread complaining that the xpat housing allowance is not keeping up.
Or start looking for a shoe box.

Trafalgar
9th Oct 2015, 08:32
Best post of the month (probably best of the year to be honest). :ok:

CXtreme
9th Oct 2015, 17:52
A very interesting angle. Gave me food for thought, :ok:

broadband circuit
9th Oct 2015, 23:25
Thanks Tea time.

Having now read the post, I can't see why MH got so upset. It's the real truth of what we're putting up with on the line every day.

Unless of course MH doesn't want to hear the truth......

Eyes only
10th Oct 2015, 01:02
"The UK fatigue expert involved with the survey commented that he had not seen an airline with such complexity in rostering" GMF. HC.

When PWC came in they said the CX operation was simple and easy to implement a new computerised rostering system compared to other like American Airlines which have far more bases, and aircraft types, flights, destinations, and passengers, FAA, and negotiated rules.

If the "expert" had not seen something like CX before, probably means they never seen any mainline airline before.

Avinthenews
10th Oct 2015, 02:57
When PWC came in they said the CX operation was simple and easy to implement a new computerised rostering system compared to other like American Airlines which have far more bases, and aircraft types, flights, destinations, and passengers, FAA, and negotiated rules.

If the "expert" had not seen something like CX before, probably means they never seen any mainline airline before.

Perhaps he meant a system that was so simple yet had been made overly complex for no good reason.

Yonosoy Marinero
13th Oct 2015, 12:13
It's what you DON'T say that they find interesting.

Asking our opinions to hit us where it doesn't hurt yet...

You have to hand it to them, they have mastered the art of corporate villainy. In fact, I think Swire might have written that manual.