PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus DEP bad news

Tinstaafl
27th Jul 2001, 23:47
A copy of a letter I received this week. It refers to an application submitted 18 months ago & 1st stage successfully completed well over a year ago.

-------------------

I refer to your application to the Aer Lingus Direct Entry Pilot recruitment campaign.

I am writing to update you as to the status of this campaign and your application. Following a review of our manpower requirements, we do not presently anticipate recruiting Direct Entry Pilots for at least the next 12 months. As a consequence, the campaign you applied for has now closed.

When we next have a requirement for Direct Entry Pilots, it is our intention to commence a new campaign. Although you have successfully completed the initial stage of the selection process you will be required to submit a new application providing us with the most up to date imformation at that time. As of yet no decision has been made on the selection process that will be used.

All vacancies will be advertised on the Aer Lingus website www.aerlingus.com (http://www.aerlingus.com) and through other media.

Thank you for your patience and the interest you have shown in Aer Lingus.

signed

--------------

What a peeve & a disappointment! You'd think they could just freeze current applications at whatever stage has been passed.

:( :( :(

[ 27 July 2001: Message edited by: Tinstaafl ]

v1rotate
28th Jul 2001, 01:40
Yeah, received the same letter after not hearing from them for nearly 8 months.

It seems a pain to have to apply again for those having applied previous. :rolleyes: