PDA

View Full Version : Have no fear...Jennifer has saved the day!

The Outlaw
6th Oct 2015, 03:30
All will be well now...oh and by the way there goes the profit share for 2015.

kwYr4LAIUjk

halas
6th Oct 2015, 04:48
No shower!! :eek: No bar!! :eek:

Welcome to the wonderful world of John Deere tractors! :}

halas

bigdaviet
6th Oct 2015, 05:14
I didn't think putting bums on seats was an issue for us.

Have to say the advert is much better than I expected. I thought it was just going to be a carbon copy of our friend's down the road.

ExDubai
6th Oct 2015, 05:51
Nice commercial. A couple of guys in the US will be p***ed

Dubaian
6th Oct 2015, 06:56
Haven't had the pleasure of viewing Jennifer yet - but that EK ad with the Gilbert rugby ball showing in the OSN Rugby WC programmes is the corniest thing since Fray Bentos.

bravo45
6th Oct 2015, 07:41
Saw this earlier today...

But I was thinking if it was to be posted here, there would be more comments (I know its a new thread but still) about the extra hour the pilots might have to fly... :}

Fugazi
6th Oct 2015, 07:49
Sort of an own goal as far as the EK 777 are concerned. i.e. No showers, no bar.........:uhoh:

Dropp the Pilot
6th Oct 2015, 08:05
I've never availed of the locker room on the One Eighty but I am happy to give it up for the privacy and comfort of the 777 suite. The door actually screens you from the great unwashed. That most emphatically doesn't work on the One Eighty where the door is a toddler barrier about a meter high. The cabin is also cramped, narrow, and apparently entirely unventilated whilst waiting on the ground for departure.

F is not even remotely similar on the two airplanes.

ruserious
6th Oct 2015, 08:24
Wow, Dropp, we do have a problem with the 380 don't we

glofish
6th Oct 2015, 11:26
It's not the aircraft, you can equip a Tupolev with a 5 minute shower if you want.

It's about finesse and taste as opposed to the condescending arrogance EK is displaying in the US.

The interviews TC gave about the cheap controversy the American airlines broke lose showed nothing but contempt for the competition. We all know about the doubtful service of these airlines, but to rub it deep and loud into their faces was simply silly.
Then inaugurating MCO with a European 380 instead of the American T7 which will serve this town was the next small but noted side kick.
Finally this add with that awful condescending note ....

I guess the Schadenfreude that will follow any slip up of EK in the States (and there will be one!) will be about as big as the one American car manufacturers enjoy right now in the face of the VW debacle.

Dirigible
6th Oct 2015, 11:53
Let's give credit where it is due, I thought it is a good advert & quite apt in the face of current US carrier relations. Plug the superior product if you have it. I do agree that the Gilbert World Cup advert is pathetic though.
I don't know what Dropps point is as I see very little difference in the suite of the 380/777. Strange how protective some insecure pilots are of 'their fleet', who gives a toss?

palm
6th Oct 2015, 12:06
20 millions $....you bet it is a good ad. I personally like it, yes i do.

motley flight crue
6th Oct 2015, 12:32
Fitting that a fading star is advertising a fading airline

ExDubai
6th Oct 2015, 13:06
From the marketing point of view, I believe it's a great commercial. Reminds me a bit about the old "where is the beef commercial" from Wendy.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=riH5EsGcmTw

In point of the relationships with the US, I have to agree with glofish. Let's see if and how the US Airlines respond.

SOPS
6th Oct 2015, 13:33
I like it. It's much better than the hello tomorrow stuff, I never really got those. I still think the "when was the last time you did something for the first time" ads were the best.

CautionShortRunway
6th Oct 2015, 14:32
Tomorrow there will be 300 economy passengers on a emirates 380 looking for the shower and the bar. They will be given hot towels and peanuts and most likely a gentle laugh.

Outatowner
6th Oct 2015, 17:08
Glofish you hit the nail on the head with those comments. Funny how many here just cannot see the bigger picture.

I like the ad (apart from the ending) but a reality check might be a scene with 800 smelly people all wanting and grabbing the girls as they go by, demanding special meals, veelchairs and complaint cards.

furbpilot
7th Oct 2015, 05:43
No showers..but no slaves Jennifer...and that is a very good reason to fly with an American carrier.

emratty
7th Oct 2015, 06:02
I don't like it and I don't think our American friends will like it either. It's more or less saying fly an American carrier and you get old women and camp guys serving you...maybe but at least I would trust them to get things right in an emergency. Far too arrogant from EK I think this advert will come back to haunt them.

littlejet
7th Oct 2015, 06:44
Why do you think that EK cabin crew won't do things right in an emergency. I wouldn't accept the flight if I do not trust the endorsements they carry from their training.
Funny that everyone thinks it is the crew from the US carrier in the Ad. Reverse psychology

bogeydope
7th Oct 2015, 07:04
Thanks littlejet, haven't laughed this long and hard in a while!!

Keep drinking that ek koolaid........:uhoh::uhoh:

anson harris
7th Oct 2015, 08:33
fly an American carrier and you get old women and camp guys

Were we watching the same ad? I didn't see any camp guys in it - I think maybe your imagination got the better of you.

DCS99
7th Oct 2015, 17:46
I don't like it and I don't think our American friends will like it either. It's more or less saying fly an American carrier and you get old women and camp guys serving you...maybe but at least I would trust them to get things right in an emergency. Far too arrogant from EK I think this advert will come back to haunt them.

The choice of competition is interesting indeed.

ExDubai
7th Oct 2015, 19:01
Europe is conquered, now it's time to win the fight against the US Legacy carriers.

Nikita81
8th Oct 2015, 00:08
This ad tells everything about EK managers' state of mind. They simply don't have any other vision of company's future apart making themselves visible on the market by using all the unethical means of doing business they can think of, including mocking to their competitors.

ExDubai
8th Oct 2015, 05:59
Don't understand why competitive advertising should be unethical. It's a well known marketing tool which is used by a lot of companies.

Mr Mac
8th Oct 2015, 07:49
SLF here, and I think the advert is both quite funny and correct, and points out the big difference between what you get in equipment between some of the tired US carriers and EK. I know you have issues, from the various posts with EK erosion of T & C, and the downgrading you all seem to feel (or the ones who post anyway), but this was aimed at SLF, and the differences between EK and lets be honest many of the legacy carriers A/C, which are in some cases vast. The jibe about cabin crews and safety from emratty I think is a bit low as I have not heard of any issues with any EK crew in an emergency situation, and having flown with you for quite few years sometimes in rough weather, I have not observed any either, unlike Delta a couple of years ago in the Tornado season in the mid west when on a couple of flights they appeared very nervous and agitated.
I have travelled widely over many years, with many carriers past and present, and the A/C cabins on all the ME3 are in a different league to many of the worlds airlines, and especially the US legacy carriers. That is not to say that all of EK,s own A/C are brand new but the bar (no pun intended) as seen by SLF is considerably higher with these carriers than that attained by the US legacy's.

Regards
Mr Mac

helen-damnation
8th Oct 2015, 11:35
If it's a political campaign then it's in response to the claims from the US airlines.

In reality, it's a commercial campaign which cleverly relates to the current situation.

Just seen an ad on British TV for, I think, American. Something about flying with an airline that makes you feel on top of the world around the world :yuk:
I doubt it...

glofish
8th Oct 2015, 17:14
I think it's a good ad

It all depends on the target of the ad.

If you want to simply raise attention, brag a bit and belittle others, then the ad is good.

If you want to sell your product, it seems not that good, because:
US First class seats are about 3% of the total. Their booking status is about (let’s be a little optimistic) 45%. The occupancy is almost 90%, but the difference are Upgrades who don’t pay for that particular product and 40% are on Tripples.
This leaves a little more than 1% of targeted seats by this ad. Hardly worth the doe spent on Jen.

All other customers are somewhat branded second class passengers by the ad, at least I would feel that way. The already loyal EK lovers will have a good laugh watching the ad and continue to book EK, whereas all others will be reinforced in thinking that this company is an arrogant nuisance.

I can’t see any trickle down effect from Jen’s presence, most Friends fans are grown up now. So I leave it to each and every one to judge by what motivation it has been aired and how much commercial effect it will have.

maligno
8th Oct 2015, 18:58
Showers, bars and thousands of modern slaves Jennifer....but, what you care about it...you squeezed a good chunk of dollars from the camel pockets...

InnocentBystander
10th Oct 2015, 19:07
Showers, bars and thousands of modern slaves Jennifer....but, what you care about it...you squeezed a good chunk of dollars from the camel pockets...

Don't forget, that's what we all are supposed to do: Take the money and run. If you don't like it, leave. Overpaid bus drivers. Etc.

She (And Ronaldo, Pele) perfected the EK expat job and got her $5 Million for a few weeks work, what have you got? ;)

Nikita81
10th Oct 2015, 19:08
that's what we all are supposed to do: Take the money and run

It's not that I am not agreeing with you that this is the modern world fact, but what a sad world that is.

InnocentBystander
10th Oct 2015, 19:16
It's not that I am not agreeing with you that this is the modern world fact, but what a sad world that is.

This is what working for an expat airline is all about. I know a lot of Pilots are in denial about this, since they were fed this line of EK being a "career airline" but most cabin crew I've talked about lately are much more clear about this.

Not sure what the sentiment is at Ground Service staff?

Nikita81
10th Oct 2015, 20:36
Not sure what the sentiment is at Ground Service staff?

You can't get the money and run when in ground staff because there's no money, but you can give a bare or below the minimum in your work and get the salary for it. EK management forces you to behave like that. They have a huge problem with something they call "missing staff". Agents just don't come to their counters or they just leave, in the middle of the work, so supervisors have to chase them all over the airport, give them warnings and punish them, but nothing works, because people are so exhausted that they don't give a s*it.

harry the cod
11th Oct 2015, 05:35
InnocentBystander

Of course they're much clearer about that. cabin crew come here for different reasons. Young crew, vibrant Dubai lifestyle and nightlife, free accommodation and a tax free salary while they slog their guts out travelling around the World seeing exotic places they heard about in school and staying in 4-5 star hotels that most 21 year olds could only dream of. 3-6 years in EK at most with those from less stable and financially wealthy Countries making it more of a long term career.

Pilots are generally in it for the long term from the start. The exceptions being those so young they can leave and start again or those looking to cap off their retirement fund with a commuting contract after the chicks have flown the nest. If you're in the middle, your view should be long term. If not, this airline is not one to apply for. It's nothing to do with denial, it's about dealing with two completely different professions and demographics, each with inherently different goals apart from one.

Making an improvement over current lifestyle.

Harry

ironbutt57
11th Oct 2015, 13:49
what a ridiculous person to choose for an ad campaign:ugh:

320DRIVER
12th Oct 2015, 06:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0IQvXD8F0

keepitrealok
12th Oct 2015, 08:23
I'll pick the important parts out of Harry's post. Here they are:

this airline is not one to apply for.

Oops - only one.