PDA

View Full Version : Highland Airways

WangEye
27th Jul 2001, 23:07
There's an advert in aviationjobsearch.com for a pilot with Highland Airways - C406 turbo-prop, single pilot.
Anyone got any info on Highland - I believe they are part of Atlantic?
What are they like to work for?
What is the flying up there like?
What are the prospects of advancement?

WE

Manflex55
28th Jul 2001, 01:21
Have U checked their website ?www.highlandairways.co.uk/air.htm

MF

WangEye
28th Jul 2001, 03:54
MF

I have....but what is it really like?

WE

Deeko01
28th Jul 2001, 15:49
I dont think so rigidity, I look work at an FBO in GLA and I can tell you HWY are very busy right now and have actually just acquitred another J31 to add to the existing one as well as the 406's.

Highland seem to be a good company to work for, haven't heard to many complaints from pilots, it is a relatively small company however so I dare say if you worked for them you would have to be prepared to change days off etc etc things like that, but on the whole a good wee company that is expanding.

J31 - GLA-FZO Mon-Thu,
GLA-MME Fri
GLA-LPL Sun

J31 - INV-SYY daily
C406 - INV-SHD daily

all as well as other ad-hoc flights, not that quiet eh!!

el llanito
28th Jul 2001, 16:07
Highland are a good outfit to work for, they have their problems like any other, but the flying is first rate! Plenty of standby if you are on the pollution control side of it aswell. the F-406 is used to fly morning papers to syy, koi & lsi. single crew, turbine, hard work but good fun! not alot of flying though, generally finished by 11am with the odd charter everynow and then on the caravan. small company and a great bunch of people to work with. recomend it to anyone after their first break!

davebuckley
29th Jul 2001, 23:41
So Highland are a good company, but can you make a living wage out of flying for them ? Any current employee's care to comment please ? :confused:

Hwel
2nd Aug 2001, 17:32
About 24K per annum. plus allowances.
(and all the haggis you can stomach!)