PDA

View Full Version : Easy Pilot road shows

FL395
18th Jun 2002, 01:02
I attended an Easy Jet pilot "road show" last year and although i was newly qualified their people said that i should apply and would definately have a good chance of getting in.
I applied and 3weeks later got a nice letter in the post to say that their minimum requirements were 1500hrs.....
their web site also states that "it would be unusual for the airline to hire low time pilots with an un-frozen ATPL".!!!!

My question is this.....why do their people encourage you to apply build you up with a load of pep talks only to get a letter back sayiing that i need 1500hrs....
Why dont they say this in the roadshows....to me it created a worse impression of the company having attended a flashy road show...talk to some of their "top" pilots be told that i had a good chance and then get a letter to say come back when you have 1500hrs....really i don't know why they dont advertise and say pilot roadshow but only if you are quailifed on type or have 1500hrs....minimum......really why waste my time...
Have any others had the same results........
Thank God they arent like Ryanair and charge £50 quid to apply...it would really be a **** take then....atleast Ryanair tell you up front what your chances are before applying....
:confused: :( :confused:

FL395
23rd Jun 2002, 01:35
Hi there
i dont think i'm taking a hard response....afterall it was the roadshow team who show you the slides/video and pump you up and then do a pep talk with some senior pilots afterwards.
They advise that yeah sure you'll be taken on....just go fill out the form on line mention that you were at the roadshow and you'll be hearing from us....yeah.....that part they got right.....

My problem with the whole thing is why they are straight talkers..and just say no you don't have enough hours to qualify and we are really looking for typed guys or 1500hrs plus.....
But don't spin us some fairy tales only to be sent a NO in the post...it's not really the thing i expected to hear coming out of the roadshow....

That's why i have a problem with them...if you can't trust them to talk straight when you aren't even employed or have a snowballs chance then would you believe them afterwards the next time a roadshow rolls into town...:confused: :(

Drop The Dunlops
23rd Jun 2002, 11:05
Actually, CTC is pretty much the ONLY way you will get into easyJet with less than 1500 hrs.

The reason the guys at the roadshow tell you to apply is because the requirements are changed on a regular basis (or were, pre 911). Most of the roadshow guys are volunteer line pilots who are not always aware of quite how the recruitment department views the low hours people.

I went to easyJet's roadshow in Manch, June 2000, and was told to apply on-line. Got no reply but applied to CTC scheme and a month later I was on an easyJet 737 course with only 155 hours TT!!! (Very lucky at time, no outlay required, offered full contract before finished rating...)

It would be a good idea if CTC sent somebody down to the easy roadshows because there are a fair few low hours guys who attend. Or at least they could better prepare the guys making the presentations.

Anyway, bottom line is, CTC is the only way in for us low hour guys. Hope that sets the record straight...