PDA

View Full Version : Jobs For Loadies

sqwaukbox
17th Jun 2002, 23:16
looks like more heavylifter loadies out of work soon anyone know of any vacancies. :( :(

freightdoggy dog
18th Jun 2002, 09:24
Yep, good old Andy Buckley at Wickes Air Services is looking for loadies to fly/dispatch the GSS 747s out of STN.
Didn't mention Salary tho! or free meat pies for chock.:D
P.S Applicants will have to fit inside a Red Fiat Punto?:p

C Montgomery Burns
18th Jun 2002, 12:43
Polar DC10s?!?!

Shurely shome mishtake?

sqwaukbox
18th Jun 2002, 23:06
Ta for that FD but I gather a prerequisite is a FAA cert for weightnbalance which of course most UK loadies don't have.
Shall I even bother to bring up the subject of CAA licencing for l/m's. No whats the point if theres a fire or major incident down the back the F/E or F/O will take care of it on thier own.
I know we are a dying breed because of computerised load sheets etc. but I haven't met a real cargo driver yet who underestimates the value of a dedicated flying l/m or maybe they were all being nice as it was my round.
Tip it,damage it,damage you,burn it,burn you but there is a good chance that won't happen with a superhero l/m or even a human one. :confused:

VIKING9
19th Jun 2002, 14:07
Any contact details for Andy Buckley ??

Happiness is a French ATC strike................:(

Noddy Staltern
19th Jun 2002, 15:34
You might try European Aviation at Bournemouth. Currently using flying loadies on pax 747s for ad-hoc charter work. 01202 581111.

yotter
20th Jun 2002, 18:15
If you are really, really, really desperate try 0208 607 5157 and ask for David Orringe - he's trying to relaunch Airfreight Express. OK it's extremely unlikely to happen, but the B747 freighter is still at LHR, it was a pig, but it did fly once!

The Claw
23rd Jun 2002, 14:22
Viking9 try, Room 252, Enterprise House, Stansted Airport, Essex CM24 1QW.

GOOD LUCK!

VIKING9
23rd Jun 2002, 15:57
Hey claw, why "GOOD LUCK" - are they dodgy or something ??:rolleyes:

The Claw
23rd Jun 2002, 17:04
VIKING9; What I meant was, so few loadie jobs and yet soooo many hopefuls! :)

freightdoggy dog
24th Jun 2002, 16:30
Indeed, so many guys names are being crossed off the tea list at happylift. Good Luck!

sf mov
24th Jun 2002, 20:18
freightdoggydog, do you have any idea how many loadies are going from happylift, and are they all airbus guys ??:confused:

Cargocainine
28th Jul 2002, 04:57
If anyone is intrested Air Atlanta Are Looking for some lodies for the B747SF.

You can try e-mailing [email protected]

freightdoggy dog
29th Jul 2002, 21:29
yep mostly Airbus guys, those who saw the tea list early enough went over to Antonov Airlines. Lots of work down in Afghanistan 24/7 shifting fuel and fags. Saw Stan the man in LHR only a few weeks back orf to Kabul! So if you are willing to look hard enough there are jobs, but only in the more exciting places. P.S did Buckley take on any loadies for Atlas, ops sorry Andy I meant GSS!

sf mov
26th Aug 2002, 16:49
Does anyone have a contact in UK for Gemini Air Cargo or do u have to deal with head office in Dulles ?
also any idea if the airbus loadies with Farnair are still in buisness ?:D

Top Loadie
29th Aug 2002, 12:05
Is the "new" Channex Airbus formerly of Farnair? The previous markings have been covered over, but looks like Farnairs livery.

There was also a static display at Farnborough of an ATR72 freighter conversion, cargo door, net, the lot. It was in Farnair colours who had been announced as the launch customer.

Is this where the Loadies are heading?

I tried to get a closer look but none of the suits seemed to be interested in talking to anyone. They must have recognised the off-duty ALM nosing around and didn't want any grubby paw prints on their shiny new aircraft!

Farnair ATR72 Freighter Press Release (http://www.farnair.com/leftmenu/press.asp)

Farnair ATR72 Freighter (http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=256626&WxsIERv=QVRSIEFUUi03Mi0yMDFG&WdsYXMg=RmFybmFpcg%3D%3D&QtODMg=RmFybmJvcm91Z2ggKEZBQiAvIEVHTEYp&ERDLTkt=VUsgLSBFbmdsYW5k&ktODMp=SnVseSAyOSwgMjAwMg%3D%3D&WNEb25u=UGF1bCBEb3Bzb24%3D&xsIERvdWdsY=Ri1XUU5B&MgTUQtODMgKE=Qy9OIDEwOCBoYW5kZWQgb3ZlciB0byBGYXJuYWlyIGF0IHR oZSBzaG93IGFuZCB3aWxsIGJlIHRoZSBmaXJzdCBmcmVpZ2h0ZXIgaW4gc2V ydmljZQ%3D%3D&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=MTc5&NEb25uZWxs=MjAwMi0wNy0zMA%3D%3D&static=yes)

Mike Jenvey Passing through CDG on business or pleasure?

Mikeloady
2nd Sep 2002, 14:52
Farnair loadys are still in business, but not for much longer. They all got there notice last Saturday........unemployed in time for Xmas...............anyone got a job going??