PDA

View Full Version : navigation app

claraball
1st Oct 2015, 11:02
Any suggestion for an app I can use for navigation in Asia that works offline while flying. Can use an external gps for position? Thanks

Just Do It
1st Oct 2015, 11:31
Any suggestion for an app I can use for navigation in Asia that works offline while flying. Can use an external gps for position? Thanks

Honeywell and or Collins do great software....its called an FMC

claraball
1st Oct 2015, 11:55
haha True enough but I should have been more specific. If you were relegated to Navtech charts as some of us in HK are you would understand. I need an iPad/iphone chart app. Thanks.

AD POSSE AD ESSE
1st Oct 2015, 13:11
PILOTS ATLAS

alohajec
1st Oct 2015, 13:29
Ditto. As APAE said, PILOTS ATLAS bar none is one of the best and most affordable out there (something like HK$580 for the entire world).

Make sure you download the app PILOTS ATLAS with an "S" and NOT "Pilot Atlas" which is far inferior.

Aloha

oriental flyer
2nd Oct 2015, 05:31
Have a look at fore flight not sure if it works in Asia very good in the USA

bang ding ow
3rd Oct 2015, 02:45
So I got Pilots Atlas and am impressed...doesn't take much. I need a good iPad GPS antenna that would also be compatible with a future purchase of an iPad based nav/flight instrument app that I plan to use in my yet to be completed home-built aircraft. Any suggestions as to what and where I can get such a beast? HK would be my preference to buy.

alohajec
3rd Oct 2015, 07:02
Get a Bad Elf GPS Pro (no need to get the Plus model unless you need accurate altimetry). Get it on Amazon. Back it up with the reviews. They speak for themselves and I'm very happy with mine.

Aloha

OK4Wire
3rd Oct 2015, 08:47
+1 for Bad Elf.