PDA

View Full Version : Advice on SGN International Transit

John MacCalman
29th Sep 2015, 20:15
Hi

I am looking for a bit of advice on doing an International Transit through SGN next Monday night. I'll be SLF. I am arriving from BKK 5th Oct on VN602 at 2100 and plan to connect on to EK393 departing 0025 on 6th Oct. I'll be travelling light - no checked bags - so I hope to be able to transit to the EK gate without having to pass through immigration to landside.

Any advice appreciated. PPrune so helpful in the past especially when I was making Tales from Kai Tak (http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour/514159-tales-kai-tak-15-years.html?highlight=tales+kai+tak)

Ilikeflying
30th Sep 2015, 01:38
If you get both of your boarding passes from your origin then of course you can transit in SGN. It's a hub for Vietnam Airlines and many arrive and depart without clearing immigration.

If you do however find yourself needing to go through customs, your UK passport should now afford you 15 days of stay, visa free.

John MacCalman
30th Sep 2015, 07:00
If you do however find yourself needing to go through customs, your UK passport should now afford you 15 days of stay, visa free.

Thanks. I'll be using my single entry visa free entitlement on my return to SGN on EK a week later. I didn't want to have to buy a Multiple entry visa. :)