PDA

View Full Version : Blutooth woes

Loose rivets
29th Sep 2015, 13:24
New Samsung phone works fine but my old Motorola 501 fails to lock onto anything. Five known working.

Doing a factory reset on the Samsung was totally intuitive, but I've learned in the past my very early Android M-R is very tricky, so don't want to reset it if possible. Far East bloke once told me my phone had failed and I should get a new one. Mine was 18 months old. (I later found you held the Vol control for longer and it showed the menu.)

Any other course of action I might try to get BT going? Like, separate unit in phone that becomes disconnected - that's my forte, not this myriad of software pathways that I can no longer hold in my headbone for five minutes.

Avtrician
30th Sep 2015, 09:26
It may be a fault of the M-R bluetooth software, what are you trying to connect to, and why if you have a new phone that works.

Love my Note 5:}

Loose rivets
30th Sep 2015, 11:25
The old Motorola is kind of robust. I've told my wife she can have my American sim and take it to the US soon.

I keep my long-standing number there since banks seem to insist upon it. Wire transfers for instance are finalized by putting in a number they TXT you. Very stressful here, cos the US connection in east Essex can fail without warning.

Can't download much in the way of Apps for some reason and they, MR, wanted a fortune to upgrade the OS. When I'm up to speed on the Samsung Galaxy quad thing I'll be more relaxed about re-setting the old one. Right now, it's got both UK and US phone lists and copies of my novel and . . .

I'll do a factory reboot and hope. It would be nice just to leave this one in the car since the radio is very clear on phone calls. I'll pop back to JB to talk about the latest photos of inside my steering wheel. Took them yesterday. Not a hint of any way those mass of buttons could work. Car radio shop in Colchester says they are Bluetooth, but it would still need to be powered - but could have windings in the rubber molding of the wheel.

Never had much success in getting into its software via a PC. Trouble with having one of the first Android in the world. First hour of first day. Huge promotion then c:mad:p OS.

The Samsung shard of metal and glass is not good for my old hands. It's a bit like trying to hold a small wet fish that seems determined to escape. Case on the way.

Avtrician
1st Oct 2015, 12:02
I know how you feel about a slippery phones, the Note 5 is very slippery in calloused fingers, I bought a big heavy case for it.

http://www.pprune.org/<a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Avtrician/media/Note5ncase_zpszuqte8xs.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Avtrician/Note5ncase_zpszuqte8xs.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Avtrician/Note5ncase_zpszuqte8xs.jpg

Loose rivets
1st Oct 2015, 14:24
The heavy rubber one I have must be in Texas. Somewhere. :( But for years I've just slipped the bare MR in my polo shirt pocket. I almost never damage kit of any sort, though . . .

While in the US I'd run it on a T-Mob sim and swap to the UK one when in UK. In the US I had all kinds of problems, but one day I was playing basket ball with g-daugher. Just forgot the phone and next thing it was on the drive in bits. Put it together and it worked better than ever before.

The new phone had been in the same kind of pocket less than ten minutes before escaping. Very lucky. Just dinged the edge. Case on the way.

As soon as I gain control of the new one, I'll do a factory reset on the MR and even try to download a later OS. MR really were very unpleasant about my protests - not at all usual with American companies. They wanted c $170 to upgrade the software and I had to be without it for ages. All the pundits were saying how bad the early Android was, but still MR wouldn't help.

They did in fact replace the phone 4 times but it all turned out to be the OS. I keep it because it's the clearest phone I've ever used. So I'll just use it for . . . phoning.