PDA

View Full Version : Airtours Subcharter

suttonyoung
17th Jun 2002, 21:23
I know this is a little bit late, but I need some info for a claim against Airtours/MyTravel.
On 26th May, MYT381 should have departed LBA-AGP, but was eventually consolidated with a MAN departure at 2000h, passengers being bussed to, and fed, at MAN.
Can anyone give a diagnosis for the tech delay and info on the 747 subcharter that eventually undertook the flight?

Thanks in advance

longarm
18th Jun 2002, 00:36
If they got you to your destination then I think your claim would be a bit fruitless. Your contract with them is purely to get you from A to B (or LBA to AGP) can't see any liability from the info you give.

homer j
18th Jun 2002, 01:01
If you are, as you say, an ops manager, you'll realise that companies sometimes have bad days due tech problems - nobody likes them, least of all the operator. If you got to your destination, safe, but a bit late, well done. As for your claim - go screw yourself!! - Lots of hard working individuals were doing their darndest to get you to your holiday destination as safely as possible with a minimum of delay and inconvenience. OK the aeroplane was broken, but the company is then obligated to use another aircraft or carrier - it can't be any simpler! Why am I justifying normal ops to someone who claims to be involved in running an airline! ..........beats me!

Localiser Green
18th Jun 2002, 04:39
An airline is not even obligated to fly you to your destination. They could drive you to Malaga on a bus and you still have no claim provided they fed you and accommodated you in line with the regulations laid down for such events.

Sorry but they got you to your destination, and I presume back, safely. It sounds to me like they bent over backwards to make it happen too. These things happen, let it go. :p

Desk Driver
18th Jun 2002, 07:41
if you were delayed more than 12 hours they would've given you a letter confirming the delay so you could "claim" from insurance

Had you been on a Sched or Low cost carrier, they could've just refunded your money and waved you good bye at LBA with nothing.

S**t happens...Think yourself lucky

BillTheCoach
18th Jun 2002, 10:29
Surely if you travelled on this delayed flight you would have known details about whose 747 operated the flight ?

After all, the crew could have told you who the aircraft belonged to ?

skid
18th Jun 2002, 12:26
flaming cheek....this site is for rumours and news not for your petty problems. At least My travel got you to your destination.Last night I was out on the tarmac at CFU chucking bags off my own aircraft after the ground staff went on strike, we got home only 15mins late, I bet none of the pax will be posting on here thanking us for the effort.:mad:

Lou Scannon
18th Jun 2002, 13:22
Perhaps "suttonyoung" would care to give us the name of his company and the list of delays they have experienced over the last twelve months. We can then ensure that he is hit with the sort of fatuous claims that he wishes to launch against Airtours.

If he was really in this business he would appreciate that Airtours had apparently done their best to get him safely to his destination in accordance with their contract with him.

and for what it's worth: I am in no way involved with My Travel.

PA38
18th Jun 2002, 22:07
Perhaps if you stopped swearing you might have seen in his profile he is an opps manager.
Might NOT be in aviation :rolleyes:

lurkio
19th Jun 2002, 21:24
From his profile.
Aviation. Flies on aircraft as SLF.
W(h)ining. Never stops moaning about it.
Dining. Eats out on the compensation from another baseless claim.
What is an opps and how do you manage it?