PDA

View Full Version : FAA certification for european charters/fractionals? (confused)

arturogarciadc
27th Sep 2015, 23:41
Hi community,

New user and first time here posting. I was basically at work talking on the ramp to a US Vista Jet crew, while assisting them, about the possibilities of finishing my training (just got my FAA CPL ASEL IR, starting my AMEL addon in a few days), including an ATP certificate in the near future, and what the options were if getting a job with VJ in the US and then attempt to be transferred to their european operation, as an european citizen with the natural right to work in the EU.

My concerns were about the certification issues. He told me that most of the cases happen to be european guys requesting a transfer to the US ops and getting a validated FAA to EASA certificate only to operate for them, so the opposite must be true too, that was his opinion.

If somebody can give me some orientation based on real facts it will be well appreciated.

It doesn't have to be necessarily VJ, it could be NetJets Europe or any other equivalent operator, assuming EASA certification is not mandatory given the case they could validate FAA certificates to EASA for you to operate their aircrafts.

I'm not limited to that path. In the meantime I'm planning to make some jet time part 91 in whatever I find with these FBO contacts.

If it wasn't possible to operate like that for an european operator, information about the best way to earn an EASA CPL or ATP is more than welcome too :ok:

Thank you guys!!

Global_Global
28th Sep 2015, 19:22
assuming EASA certification is not mandatory given the case they could validate FAA certificates to EASA for you to operate their aircrafts.

Sorry that route is closed for the next few years as you will need to do all the EASA theory exams.... :8

arturogarciadc
28th Sep 2015, 19:42
What's my deadline?

Global_Global
29th Sep 2015, 09:28
April 2015 :}

Not clear when the rule will be reversed. But believe me this is not a viable route regardless. VJ in the US is Jet Aviations AOC and is completely separate.... :ooh:

arturogarciadc
29th Sep 2015, 19:44
Thank you for sharing the info :ok:. By reversing you mean re-allowing that kind of operation with american certification in the EU? I like to listen to different opinions, what path do you think is best to get there from my current point?