PDA

View Full Version : Converting UK Licences to US

rich49
17th Jun 2002, 19:24
Hi their,
Does anyone know, if you are an airline pilot for a UK based airline and hold JAA licences and you want to obtain FAA flying licences what you would do?
Do you have to start from scratch and begin training right from the begining or do you take a conversion course and then take the FAA exams?
Thanks
Richard

GoneWest
17th Jun 2002, 19:55
My understanding is (assuming you have the relevant hours for the rating required) - home study, written examination at any test station, flights with an instructor sufficient to receive a "sign off" that you are capable of passing the test.

For the ATP there is no sign off required - so no instruction required , for the PPL...they will just give you one...no conversion needed.

Seperate tests avaialble for PPL, Multi Engine, Single Engine Commercial, Multi Engine Commercial. Single engine I/R, Multi engine I/R, Single engine ATP, Multi engine ATP.

Conversions available for your UK PPL (nothing to do, other than turn up for an appointment) and your UK I/R (one multi-choice written test) if you want them.

Speedbird48
18th Jun 2002, 01:13
E Mail me direct and I will give you the advice that you need.
Regards.