PDA

View Full Version : La Compagnie

LTNman
25th Sep 2015, 06:16
Seems they are planning additional aircraft and flights.

Q&A: Frantz Yvelin, CEO, La Compagnie | Buying Business Travel (http://buyingbusinesstravel.com/feature/2224728-qa-frantz-yvelin-ceo-la-compagnie)

I see that the Daily Telegraph are doing a promotion with the airline.

Three or four-night luxury New York package.

Exclusive reader offer: enjoy business-class flights, private transfers, a helicopter ride over New York and choice of two excellent hotels, from £1,499 per person

wallp
26th Sep 2015, 07:14
Maybe the route is doing better than any of us dared hope.

So if more routes are added what could it mean for Luton?

1) another New York flight?
2) perhaps Washington or Boston?

What about the reference to not staying away from the Asian market? They can't serve Asian routes with a 757 and seem to have dismissed the 767 so what next - an aircraft upgrade to A330 or 787? Either could comforably operate from Luton with its lower than normal payload.

I had my doubts about La Compagnie, I still do, but good luck to them

nigel osborne
26th Sep 2015, 09:32
LTNMAN.

See he gives the LTN LF at 60%, for normal airlines this probably wouldn't be enough to sustain it.

However offering a business class only service at current prices is probably enough you would think for this airline.

Good luck to them and LTN in getting increases and more destinations.

Nigel

LGS6753
27th Sep 2015, 10:54
...but that 60% is after only four months.

wallp
28th Sep 2015, 14:48
And that 60% is based on little or no publicity of the route I believe? It's a tough, tough market that they're competing in. Let's hope they find a way to make the route work.

I'm intrigued to see what happens next, what routes they opt for if they grow as intimated?

LTNman
8th Oct 2015, 08:09
Congratulations to La Compagnie for winning the The Sunday Times Travel Magazine Editor’s Award for 2015.

I noticed yesterdays New York departure from Luton was showing as cancelled but using their other flight code of DJT they had a departure mid afternoon rather than the normal 17:15

Today extra flight DJT107 shows a planned arrival time of 08:45 while B0007 is still showing its normal time of 10:30. I expect B0007 will show cancelled later on.

I wonder why the flights were brought forward? The aircraft seemed to be their normal 757.

LGS6753
8th Oct 2015, 13:18
I think the Paris-based aircraft came in to LTN and the two flights were combined.

LTNman
15th Jun 2017, 21:53
If true they can't blame brexit as they did for Luton

ATNotts
16th Jun 2017, 08:11
If true they can't blame brexit as they did for Luton

No, but they can probably quite justifiably blame the terrorism that has been inflicted upon France over the last 18 months.

Buster the Bear
16th Jun 2017, 09:57
And the emergence of Norwegian, their excellent business product which is competitively priced, plus expansion by openskies.