PDA

View Full Version : WOOOOH Just gone SOLO!!!!!!!

WRIGGLER
17th Jun 2002, 18:36
I really can't believe it I have Just gone solo,can't believe the feeling.
I feel i'm now on my way to a commercial license,2 PPL exams left then i'm into the commercial notes PLEASE can anyone give me an idea which is the place for the ground exams (all suggestions considered).
ALSO i'm looking for some really cheap hour building,can anyone help here.What about America is it any good since 9/11?.

Thanks all just off for a beer or 10, Cant get down off the cloud i'm on.

Wee Weasley Welshman
17th Jun 2002, 19:13
Well done. Savour it.

Just a gentle reminder. The next few trips are the ones where you are most likely to have an incident.

Cheers,

Gin Slinger
17th Jun 2002, 22:41
What do you expect? To be given a cookie or something?

Ain't it just the best feelin' in the world though?? - 'part from some supermodel asking you do something unmentionable with a large tub of Vaseline...

WWW's point is extremely important though - my buddy came a cropper on his second solo sorte (sp.?) and managed to put his 152 on the grass despite having a 50' wide runway to aim at!

buttline
18th Jun 2002, 00:17
Bristol Ground School and Oxford both have excellent distance learning courses. I haven't done them myself but I've got the Oxford notes and seen feedback questions from both.

You can rent a Cessna 152 in Florida for about 40 pounds an hour.

There are loads of schools in Florida and all over the U.S., the closest JAA capable school to me is Orlando Flight Training http://www.flyorlandoflorida.com - some connection to Cabair I believe. Talk to Tom Macklin - he's a cool guy (from Scotland).

Well done and good luck,
Barry

foghorn
18th Jun 2002, 10:14
Welcome to the club, Captain WRIGGLER.

chocksaway
18th Jun 2002, 12:22
Congrats Wriggler. I'm only a few lessons into the PPL, so can only imagine the feeling!

Glad you posted the hour build question. I'm currently reasearching the matter. At the moment I'm looking at doing the ATPL exams at home so will have 12 - 18 months to build hours. I am looking at buying a share of a 152 as there seem to be a few around for between £2500 to £3500. This is technically an investment as you can sell the share and will get this money back when you have built your hours. Then your flying is roughly £30 - £35 hour + monthly syndicate fees. All seems too cheap to me so if anyone can add anything else please do.

P.S. For the distance learning I will be using Bristol. They are constantly being recommend and a search on PPrune gives excellent feed back.