PDA

View Full Version : CC Hammer

Rascasse
22nd Sep 2015, 15:32
Gents, I have it on GOOD authority that the operation is reaching the point of no return. Do NOT give up on your efforts now. The company is cancelling more and more flights. Flights are leaving many hours late due to lack of crew, if at all. The recriminations are beginning to fly between the 3rd and 9th floors. The company will try and convince you that all is in hand, that we are nothing more than a pinprick. I can assure you that the panic is well and truly setting in upstairs. Don't waver or weaken. There will be the usual suspect voices trying to convince you your efforts are in vain. Do not be fooled. A historic turning point is upon us. Keep diligently applying your disciplined CC strategy. Know that you are creating fear, confusion and panic upstairs.

CPA777
22nd Sep 2015, 16:20
Upper management read scmp?

quadspeed
22nd Sep 2015, 16:38
Deja vu.
Full circle. Right back to 2001.

"Those who cannot remember the past past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana. 1906

kenfoggo
22nd Sep 2015, 20:29
Rascasse-

I do not wish to operate in or create an environment where I manufacture "fear, confusion and panic upstairs".

I want to fly for a professional, first world airline where there are sufficient resources (crew) to operate the commercial task while being lead by a Management that I have respect for and confidence in.

Also it would be nice to get the contractually obligated amount of leave I signed up for and to be treated with the professional respect which I feel that I have earned.

Trafalgar
22nd Sep 2015, 22:06
Kenfoggo, when reasoned debate, experienced advice and co-operative relations are abused, taken advantage off and cynically exploited, all we have left to encourage is 'fear, confusion and panic'.

The company has brought almost the entire pilot body to a point of rebellion. The new DFO has been shown to be utterly duplicitous. The public (and probably the Govt and regulator) are being sold a fairy tale.

The letter from the C and T pilots is the canary in the coal mine. They ignore it at their peril. We ALL know of at least one incident of fatigue/experience related error, and we ALL know it is only a matter of time.

It would be nice for the DFO to explain how, when you have your entire pilot body complaining of fatigue and an abuse of the Flight Time duty limits, suspending our Rostering Practices and introducing even MORE fatiguing rostering is supposed to help ensure 'safety' ?.

....and btw, you know how to 'get' the leave due to you ;-)

Trafalgar
23rd Sep 2015, 08:10
The company is desperately attempting to sweat this out, in hopes that we will fold. Well, guess what? Isn't going to happen. The operation is on it's last legs. The management is now fighting amongst themselves and it is patently obvious that AT is well out of her depth. With the latest outright ban on AOA members joining training with the certainty of expulsion, that has driven the last nail in the coffin of the company's hopes. Keep the pressure on. Keep disciplined, and accountable. Hold your own close circle of friends accountable, and give each other encouragement. Ruthlessly alienate and ostracize anyone who sells the rest of us out. This is the ONLY remaining opportunity to restore some balance and value to your careers for a generation. If we lose this chance, there truly is NO hope of any resurrection. We are winning, the operation is collapsing and this era of dysfunctional management will come to an ignominious end. Don't lose the faith.

Tea time
24th Sep 2015, 03:38
Join training and the AOA will expel you, that's about as scary as the Catholic Church threatening to ex communicate an Athiest.

Good grief it's way past time The AOA stepped up to the plate and took some positive action . They have been slow to take effective steps on anything.
I'm all for bashing a few heads but for those less radical, naming and shaming will have to do.

But to date what exactly have the AOA done or achieved? The only thing that is working in our favour is that the company has effectively p..sed off the entire workforce who are now pretty much working against their better interests,

Tea time
24th Sep 2015, 04:15
Curtain rod

As I said name and shame , new trainers, and G day workers how's that for a start?
The AOA should have had a training ban from the day CC was voted in not 6 months or more down the line