PDA

View Full Version : CAN ANYONE HELP A POME OUT WITH THESE QUESTIONS?

donkoid
27th Jul 2001, 15:59
I’m a pome who’s been doing a lot of research recently on doing my training and getting some work down under. Answered many of my queries, but I’m hoping someone might be able to help me with the following:

1. The current state of play of the Australian aviation market (including any regional differences) and outlook for pilot demand in the short term (from now, for the next 2 years), particularly general aviation and flight instruction.

2. Aircentre Albury, NSW (flying school and charter company). Anyone know anything about them, good, bad or otherwise?

3. Recommendations/suggestions as to how best to build relevant hours most efficiently from a CPL/IR/FIR rating to give best chance of permanent employment and likely time scales.

4. Any recommendations/suggestions/ideas/issues (r.e. schools, training, visas and post-course hour building/job opportunities, or other relevant issues) from any pomes out there who are doing/have done their pilot training in Oz and are looking to work/are already working to build up hours.

Cheers
Donkoid
e-mail: [email protected]

NLM13
29th Jul 2001, 00:33
you should try posting your questions in the Downunder forum rather than the wannabes. Might get a better response. I found some good advice there. Good luck.

Pilot Barbie
29th Jul 2001, 01:22
What the hell is a "Pome"?

Could you mean POM? As in 'Prisoner Of (her) Majesty?'

When they ask you at Australian Immigration if you have a criminal record, just say you thought it was no longer a prerequistite for entry. ;)

donkoid
30th Jul 2001, 03:54
Thanks biys - actually already done - the result - more than bit of raging debate downunder!!!

FYI POME = Prisoner of mother England