PDA

View Full Version : A nice flight.

rogerg
13th Sep 2015, 22:10
Two of us just flew Verona to LGW with BA down the back. Comfortable and nearly new A319, left on time and arrived early, no charge for snack and drink, smart and helpfull cabin crew and it did not cost a lot. Dont know what Ryanair would charge but who cares. Well done BA.

Hotel Tango
13th Sep 2015, 22:41
Ssssh, don't go giving our secrets away to the RYR lovers :cool:

easyflyer83
15th Sep 2015, 06:08
Why is this a revelation? It's what BA have done for years, though one could argue they did it so much better a decade ago...... Which is around the time their last A319 was delivered..... Can't have been nearly new. Perhaps a refurbished cabin?

champair79
15th Sep 2015, 15:33
Either an on-loan LHR A319 with the new cabin or one of the ex-bmi A319s which can also look quite smart inside (and are a lot newer).

Champ

DaveReidUK
15th Sep 2015, 18:52
Either an on-loan LHR A319 with the new cabin or one of the ex-bmi A319s which can also look quite smart inside (and are a lot newer).

Almost certainly one of their own aircraft - 30 out of the 33 A319s (excluding the former BMA aircraft) now have the new cabin.

pax britanica
15th Sep 2015, 19:16
Did a round trip to Prague two weeks ago on BA 320s with new cabin Not overly impressed with club Europe as very tight on space and leg room and the filled in centre seat makes access to window seat a bit of a squeeze -good service though. On return we were in Y but got exit row seats which ahd massive legroom compared to the Club offering Also a good crew and a decent snack offered.

Ok BA did bust my wifes new suitcase on the outbound trip but quickly reported by handling agents in PRG who assessed damage. told us to check with BA baggage back at LHR who had it on their computer and just checked details. The outsource baggage company called me first thing next morning , couldn't really offer a suitable alternative so I suggested they just give us the money as the case was only two days old. Send us the receipt and we wills end you a check was the response so all sorted in about 4 days which was pretty good.

i think BA will make a massive mistake if they try and axe short haul and outsource to EZ, Vuelling etc. Real brand dilution. Have they forgotten the days when they outsourced cabin service on beach fleet at LGW, masses of complaints from Gold Card holders and premium pax that if it says BA on the outside it had better be BA on the inside. I know LHR is expensive to operate from but it generates a huge amount of traffic and I would think they must be able to find a way of making SH profitable-personally i suspect they just fiddle the accounting to give LH a lot more benefit than they are entitled to from connections but who really knows