PDA

View Full Version : Dear Friends Please Help Me.

DILANO7
17th Jun 2002, 08:07
I HOLD A ICAO SRI LANKAN PPL AND A NIGHT RATING AT PRESENT.
I WISH TO FURTHER MY TRAINING UPTO THE ATPL FROZEN.
I'M ONLY INTERESTED TO TRAIN AND STUDY BY THE UK CAA STANDARDS AND NOT THE FAA.
I'M HOPING TO FOLLOW MY CPL/IR/ME AND ATPL FROZEN AT THE MALAYSIAN FLYING ACADEMY IN MALACCA MALAYSIA.
IN ADDITION TO THIS, I WAS TOLD TO TRAIN AT THE EMIRATES FLYING SCHOOL IN DUBAI. THEY DONT HAVE PROPER INTENSIVE UKCAA GROUNDSCHOOL HOWEVER. WHAT WOULD BE BEST TO DO HERE.
IF ANYONE HAS HEARD OF THESE 2 PLACES COULD YOU BE KIND ENOUGH TO TELL ME MORE ABOUT THEM.
ALSO, I HAD HEARD OF A FLYING SCHOOL IN SINGAPORE WHICH IS VERY GOOD, CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE NAME AND WEB SITE ADDRESS OF THE SCHOOL, PLEASE.
YOUR HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
KNID REGARDS,
DILANO

Matt Black
18th Jun 2002, 00:04
D

First off, you need to contact the aviation authorities in the countries you mention to find out what licenses you can train for, and where you can train for them. Thye should have a list of schools which they have approved to provide commerical training.

Second, I'm not sure if CAA courses are being offered in the countries you mentioned, as they are being phased out in the UK, although someone reading this might know better than I.

It might be worth contacting the UK CAA at

Flight Crew Licensing
Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House
Gatwich Airport South
West Sussex
RH6 OYR

and asking if the countries you mention still train to the old CAA CPL syllabus.

Hope this helps,

MB

DILANO7
18th Jun 2002, 04:45
thanks for the info matt,
really appreciate it,
regards,
dilano

QNH1013
19th Jun 2002, 04:50
I thought Emirates were now sending Cadets to BAE Systems in Adelaide?

The only decent major flying school in Singapore is the SIA Flying College where SIA send their Cadets for initial training. There is of course also the Singapore Flying club. Sorry, no web sites that I know of.