PDA

View Full Version : Australian Army Avn Recruiting

Charles Smith
17th Jun 2002, 04:15
:cool: The word on the street is that Australian Army Aviation is looking for ex-military aviators and aero engineers to help bring the Oz Tiger into service. Want to know more? Am happy to pass details to the relevant authorities until official recruiting team is set up next year. E-mail me at [email protected] with your details.

canberra
17th Jun 2002, 15:16
im getting very worried about that part of the world, apparently raaf f111s were airborne with full weapons load early in the timor crisis. i wonder if oz and indonesia are heading for a major scrap?

jungly
17th Jun 2002, 15:49
fair enough..... i heard the triple 1's were all broke! only 8 pilots for 22 acft or something like that.

whats wrong with the current aaac qhi's? tiger in, kiowa out.... surely the aircrew numbers remain the same?

just questions?

ps. what experience do you require? ball-park.

Charles Smith
17th Jun 2002, 23:42
Cannot comment on our relations with Indonesia, I think, however, that we have by and large kissed and made up! Regarding F111s, I am not sure this is the truth its the old half empty or half full syndrome. I do know that the RAAF and RAN are experiencing similar difficulties but not to the same extent as the Army, or so I am led to believe.

In terms of experience etc, the Army will look at anybody with military experience of say 1000 hrs plus and as much operational experience as possible. QHI/QFIs and EO are a bonus. The general snag is having to emigrate and the age limits. Currently the Army will recruit up to the age of 47, however, at that age you would not score highly in the immigration points test that gives high points for skill and the lower age bracket - say below early thirties. The alternative is to hire a boat in Bali and come on down ........

If you are interested send me the details and I will pass them on, however, the powers that be do not want to get into the game of poaching. Thus far the balance between those heading North and those heading South is about equal. Sounds bizare to me.

Must go and throw another prawn on the barbie.

CS