PDA

View Full Version : Prestige FTOs

Bemused
17th Jun 2002, 02:54
With respect to the well marketed schools - such as OATs, Jerez, WMU, et al - how much weight do the reputations of these 'prestige' FTOs add to an applicants CV when applying to airlines?

If a HR manager had received applications from two similarly experienced and motivated pilots, one having been trained at one of the 'prestige' FTOs and the other at a smaller (maybe just less well marketed) FTO, would the training school add any weight to the formers application?

Having read the deluge of vitriolic replies posted in response to what seem like perfectly reasonable questions - I post this with some mild trepidation.

I have read the previous posts on people sounding out OATs, etc, but I find most of the responses are extremely subjective as people appear to champion their own training route above all others rather than remaining objective.

With this in mind, I would be most interested in the opinion of anyone working in a HR capacity for an airline.

Thanks all.

VFE
17th Jun 2002, 11:50
I am sure there are a couple of HR folks posting on this site these days but their posts can be few and far between due to high work load.

As a student of both integrated and modular routes I feel that I may be able to offer some advice as to which route would best suit a prospective student but as to the age old question of which looks best on a CV........it has to be integrated but modular can by no means be seen as a cop out. Financial issues dictate at the end of the day and I am sure HR folks realise this. Or at least I hope they do!

Good luck,

VFE.