PDA

View Full Version : BA fire/evac

Trafalgar
9th Sep 2015, 08:16
Congratulations to the BA crew in Vegas. Well handled evac by all accounts. Undoubtedly BA will give due credit to their crews. Needless to say I don't need to spell out the point i'm highlighting. :ok:

Guru
9th Sep 2015, 15:16
CN and FO, after you have gathered your belongings we need you to integrate for a SIN red eye, it's legal.

superfrozo
9th Sep 2015, 15:34
"You won't do it?? Are you REFUSING A DUTY!?"

It would be funny if it wasn't true :(

Lowkoon
10th Sep 2015, 00:14
Just shows how useless putting a couple of bottles into it is... Lucky they didnt get airborne with that!

cxorcist
10th Sep 2015, 00:47
Airborne fires behave very differently. The engine and pylon are designed to burn right off the wing. You would not have seen an aircraft engulfed in flames if this had occurred after V1.

boocs
10th Sep 2015, 03:54
BA's Vegas runway fire means time to lock up overhead bins | Plane Talking (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2015/09/09/bas-las-vegas-runway-fire-tell-us-its-time-to-lock-up-overhead-bins/)

Added because of obvious relevant connection in this part of the world.

b.

oriental flyer
10th Sep 2015, 03:56
Totally hypotheticaly,

Had they got airborne , the airflow in all likelihood would have contained the fire to some extent . But once they were back on the ground again they would have been faced with the same problem if the Fire not been extinguished in the air .

Did you see the number of passengers taking their cabin wheelies with them following the evacuation
Good grief there is an uncontained Fire and you stop to take your luggage from the overhead locker down the slide

I have ceased to be amazed at the stupidity of the average individual

The crew did a great job

crwkunt roll
10th Sep 2015, 04:03
Another thought, when they get to the door, take their bag, throw it overboard, punch them for being stupid, then push them down.

Just Do It
10th Sep 2015, 11:43
FWA

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

stilton
10th Sep 2015, 12:47
Yes that will go down well, fine your passengers after putting them through
a life threatening accident :rolleyes:

Just Do It
10th Sep 2015, 13:49
FWA

Well said!

RRAAMJET
10th Sep 2015, 14:21
Well chaps, back in my day in CX we had an evacuation in NRT off a Trimotor in crappy conditions, video out there somewhere. The pax grabbed their duty free and smashed it all over the foot of the slides. It's been going thus for donkeys...:rolleyes:

AQIS Boigu
11th Sep 2015, 06:15
Time to pull the pin - this was the BA captain's second last flight.

Chris Henkey, pilot of British Airways engine-fire jet, has 'finished flying' | World news | The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/10/chris-henkey-pilot-of-ba-engine-fire-jet-has-finished-flying)

Oasis
11th Sep 2015, 07:14
Got himself a nice young companion to spend retirement with too, good on him!

stilton
11th Sep 2015, 10:03
Anyone blocking your way in an evacuation deserves what they get.

However, you can't legislate or punish passenger behaviour in a life
threatening emergency, have you considered that many of these
people were in shock, acting on instinct ?

The same kind of instinct that leads people to find the exit they entered
the aircraft despite it being past a closer one.

Fining passengers for not following all the 'rules' in an accident like this ?

Ridiculous, calm down and think about what you're saying.

Just Do It
11th Sep 2015, 11:15
Stilton

Thanks for stating the friggin obvious!

However, you can't legislate or punish passenger behaviour in a life
threatening emergency, have you considered that many of these
people were in shock, acting on instinct ?

Please don't confuse instinct with a selfish fuxk you attitude towards your fellow passengers.

I'm starting to thing you are one of these perpetrators !

stilton
11th Sep 2015, 11:47
You're welcome.

I'm not confused but you seem to be, you think you know how everyone acts while they're in shock ?

In fact you seem to have lost sight of who pays your salary.

Hint, they're not 'perpetrators'

Just Do It
11th Sep 2015, 12:08
I'm on the freighter mate.

Steve the Pirate
11th Sep 2015, 13:01
In fact you seem to have lost sight of who pays your salary.

Who pays one's salary is completely and utterly immaterial in this discussion. Passengers are told to leave their carry-on baggage for good reason and, stating the blindingly obvious, it's so that they, or any of their fellow passengers, don't perish in a burning aircraft from which they might have otherwise escaped. It appears that some people don't remember British Airtours 28M.

STP

Basil
11th Sep 2015, 13:09
Just Do It, not the original JDI perchance?

megan
12th Sep 2015, 02:05
I have ceased to be amazed at the stupidity of the average individualThe difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

The Skipper has decided this is his last flight, having had a previously incident free career.

Basil
13th Sep 2015, 11:28
The Skipper has decided this is his last flight, having had a previously incident free career.
My understanding is that he has no option.
Following the incident he'd be stood down as standard procedure and miss his last flight.
Certainly went out with a bang - well done to all!

landrecovery
14th Sep 2015, 10:25
And how many guys in Hk want to throw a match down the isle and walk off.

"Hello screw control, that was my last flight tell IOC aircraft AOG :E"