PDA

View Full Version : Gerry O'Neill / Learjet50

Signum Aviation
8th Sep 2015, 14:50
Its with great sadness that I have to report the passing of Gerry O'Neill last week most famously known from Northern Executive Aviation (EGCC). I am sure anyone who knew Gerry will agree what a huge loss this is to the whole business aviation family. Gerry will forever I am sure be remember by all for his fantastic sense of humour and massive professionalism throughout his many years in aviation.

Gerry's funeral is on 15th September, 1300 at Altrincham Crematorium. Gerrys family have requested donations rather than flowers.

TheWrongTrousers
8th Sep 2015, 16:28
Nicely said mate. Thinking of you and Gerry's family. RIP fella, you were always a good laugh and gentleman! :D

Boeing man
8th Sep 2015, 16:55
Rip Gerry sympathy to family great chap enjoyed his company when we passed through northern executive

Suzeman
8th Sep 2015, 19:48
B*gger.

Spent many happy hours in his company at NEA over the years.

RIP Gerry - a great character in the history of aviation at MAN

flying headbutt
8th Sep 2015, 20:15
Oh dear, I can honestly say that Gerry was one of the best, most genuine people I have met during my career and I don't say that lightly. He made me feel very welcome from the start of my time at NEA. Top bloke he was.

Ops Watcher
9th Sep 2015, 08:44
RIP Gerry - one of the best.

My thoughts are with his family.

Lear_doctor
11th Sep 2015, 14:22
A genuinely nice guy. Worked at EGCC with him for many many years. Made me laugh everyday. A sad loss. RIP Gerry, never forgotten.

The Doc

Dumbledor
13th Sep 2015, 09:25
Great memories of you on our daystops at NEA Gerry, always so helpful and with a brilliant sense of humour.
Rest in peace

LAS1997
14th Sep 2015, 15:36
How very sad; I knew him through working at FJC (Falcon Jet Centre) at LHR in the 1980's / 90's NEA were a great company and Gerry always a pleasure to deal with. RIP Gerry.

ewe.lander
14th Sep 2015, 17:11
That's really sad, top bloke Gerry. He'll be missed by the Scot Airways/Loganair Crews that got to know him (and the Werthers). The Club328 (ahhhhh) Crews always enjoyed his help (and opinions!)

Hope its the best send off possible tomorrow, he deserves it, my thoughts to his family.

fantom
14th Sep 2015, 18:37
Dammit. I had hoped for one last beer with him.

Fond memories, even after all those Eniskillens he sent me on...