PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATP ATM (part 121) Knowledge Test

talk2jamesbond
4th Sep 2015, 14:43
Hello Everyone,

Does anybody took FAA ATP (ATM) Knowledge Test Recently?
I am studying Gleim 2015 Edition, However I changed to
installed Sheppard Air Test 5, due to FAA Questions change frequently,
as a friend of mine suggestion.

I heard that FAA recently changed actual exam questions. FAA deleted B727 Questions already ?
If anyone remember or tell me some questions which are comes out "NOT" from the books or programs,
or any suggestion, recommend would be appreciated :)

Please send me PM or write here and help me. I am going to take the ATP-CTP Course FAA ATP ATM Test, FAA TR Check in Mid-NOV 2015.
Thank you very much everyone !!:ok:

zondaracer
4th Sep 2015, 20:34
There are about 1500 questions in the question bank. Shepard air will have the latest questions. The 727 questions are gone and replaced with CRJ questions. Don't worry, just study Sheppard.

talk2jamesbond
5th Sep 2015, 02:30
Dear zondaracer

Thank you very much for your info,
I really appreciated !!
So I will skip all B727 Questions !! :ok:

Vc10Tail
9th Sep 2015, 13:55
Questions relating to System or Perf on CRJ? -200?-700-900-1000?

Any ERJ questions thrown in?

Thanks bros

zondaracer
9th Sep 2015, 17:49
Page 3:
http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/media/testing_matrix.pdf

ATM = ATP Multiengine

issues
9th Sep 2015, 19:11
I gave the ATM test about 15 days back, no 727 questions, a ton of CRJ perf questions though. Stick to Sheppard Air and make sure you know your stuff as well. Best of luck.

Vc10Tail
10th Sep 2015, 06:38
Thanks to "Zondaracer" and "Issues "
Well noted advice.Issues please can you inbox me any further info yiu might have? What did you mean by "make sure you know your stuff"? Are there trick question or answers that are too close to compare? Errobeous answers? JAA/EASA type of question bank?How heavy were loading and balance questions? Was it a timed exam?

Are Electronic E6B calculators like CX Path finder and Sporty's ( non programmable) allowed or strictly whizwheel E6B and bean counter calc?

Anyone who has recently done the CTP training or is going through it now please can you narrate your experiences? Is there a published syllabus for this CTP training? Does it get endorsed on your FAA ATP license ( certificate ) eventually. If I do my ATP checl on A320 sim PIC TR check ride will it be a left or right seat check? Or optional? If RHS has one got to apply for SIC rating once they start flying the plane after line training?

Cheers

lee_apromise
10th Sep 2015, 08:00
If I do my ATP checl on A320 sim PIC TR check ride will it be a left or right seat check? Or optional? If RHS has one got to apply for SIC rating once they start flying the plane after line training?

Optional. Some examiners insist you do your checkride in LHS but some others don't care.

MarkerInbound
10th Sep 2015, 08:10
The FAA published an AC for the CTP programs.

http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_61-138.pdf

You get the ATP, there is nothing added to your certificate.

I've never heard of a type ride in the right seat. Most airplanes have seat specific things that are meant to be done from one seat or the other. Most airplanes only have a tiller for steering at the left seat. There would be no way to test your ability to taxi the aircraft if you took the checkride from the right seat.

If you hold a type rating on an aircraft (which is required of all air carrier pilots now under FAA rules) the SIC type is meaningless. The SIC type rating was created to show foreign CAAs that the co-pilot was trained. If you hold a type rating you have been trained.

flyboyike
10th Sep 2015, 10:25
I've never heard of a type ride in the right seat.

I have. Did one, in fact.

talk2jamesbond
10th Sep 2015, 11:03
Dear Issue

Thank you very much for your valuable info !!
I really appreciated :ok:
I just got data updated from Sheppard Air some more few questions on today.

zondaracer
10th Sep 2015, 11:52
I did my last type ride in the right seat and I was tested on my ability to taxi using rudder pedals only... And this is in an aircraft with a tiller in the left side only.

MarkerInbound
10th Sep 2015, 14:11
OK, all my half dozen plus types have been from the left seat. Had to go through right seat training after one since I was going to be a right seater and they had to dumb me down.

Vc10Tail
10th Sep 2015, 23:46
Cheers Markerinbound.

On previous JAA type ratings i did PIC TR but only oartial left seat ( for non handling duties) and in case id dual tiller like A320 i did the taxying on the RHS when designated PF.My check was on the RHS and all my PF work on the right ss it was to be a Group 2 (F.O. designate) ICAO license endorsement My last rating was an FAA type and the training was PIC YR and sat LHS for part of the grain ng the training such Taxi ( single tiller ) and TO aborts. I was to fly the line initially RHS so the examiner actuslly kinda wanted me to sit on the left but gave me the option as you said Marker inbound.I chose RHS as i didnt want to mess up the flows i had conditioned myself with during training. I think this time I will choose LHS and treat it as command training which designation might be due in a year so it should warm me up.

My question is: if i should fly as FO using my FAA ATP will I be required to have the SIC rating or the PIC training supersedes any SIC requirements as you made your point above that I will have been trained?

Thanks very much for the CTP AC link mister!

zondaracer
11th Sep 2015, 00:54
An SIC Type rating is a limitation. If there is no SIC limitation, you can act as PIC or SIC.

issues
11th Sep 2015, 19:15
Vc10tail.

By 'know your stuff' I meant that make sure your basics are strong. For e.g. you should know how to solve perf charts incase you cant figure out the answer.

CX2 and other electronic flight computers are allowed along with a scientific calculator. These are subject to inspection by the exam moderator. I went to a CATS exam centre which I had used 3 years ago to give the commercial test. I suggest go in prior to confirm any questions you may have, I did so.

You need a credit card to reserve your test and you need to send them your ATP CTP certificate by email. 150$ for the test, if you reschedule 24hrs prior no fee, if its within 24hrs then you have to pay the fee again. Only a manager can schedule your test, so ask for one when you call. Make sure you ask and confirm how many IDs you need to bring in, I had to show 2 forms of photo ID and 1 form of address proof.

125 questions and 4hrs for the ATM (ATP Multi Engine) test.

You get paper and a pencil and the supplement to refer to. If you get the ASA ATP book, it comes with the supplement you'll see during the test.

Some perf questions required me to refer to 2 supplements simultaneously, which can be a handful and can take time. There were quite a few of these perf questions, somewhere between 12-18 questions, some straight forward.

No trick questions, then again, I have done the JAA EASA question banks for my ICAO license and I have even given a Transport Canada conversion exam and all FAA exams.

I did my CTP recently, they will tell you what topics will be covered, its very relaxed and the class tests are just to test yourself, the sim sessions are fun and you get to learn a lot.
There isn't a published syllabus, but you can ask your provider to give you one.

The CTP certificate is the only thing you'll get which you need to present at the exam centre, no other endorsements. For TR related stuff, I believe you should refer to the FAR AIM or the TRTO directly.

Best of luck.

Vc10Tail
7th Oct 2015, 05:01
Exvellent feed!:D

talk2jamesbond
8th Oct 2015, 06:38
As FAA noticed in July 2015, B727, Cessna Caravan, Performance are gone,
and No more NDB, etc.

Does anyone had Actual ATP ATM Exam within a month ?

friends of mine said they didn't get "NAV LOG" Questions as well.
Many CRJ Performance Questions, Decode TAF's, LAHSO, FAR, WX,
Human Factors, Chart Readings...

Anybody had "NAVLOG" (Flight Log) Questions Recently ? (Except B727) such as B1900, Gulfstream, B737, B747, B767, MD90's ?
Thank you very much :)