PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Sells LHR slot to BA

Iain
16th Jun 2002, 14:36
Basically after complaining about how many slots BA has at LHR VS are selling some of theirs to them. I guess VS need money!

You can find more at: http://www.timesonline.co.uk (in the business section/registration required) or by buying a paper.

Magplug
16th Jun 2002, 15:22
Running out of stuff to sell to keep the company afloat? :confused:

Denzil
16th Jun 2002, 17:18
Is this not really more to do with Virgin Express and its Sabena links than Virgin Atlantic!!!!

stator vane
16th Jun 2002, 20:01
since only two of the flights are now operated by the aircraft with the slightly red tint, one LHR to BRU in the early morn and the late BRU to LHR, and remembering that sabena sold all their slots to DAT just after they came to a stop, perhaps he sold a slot that is not really being used at present.

and if the price is right, selling is all part of business.

what ever the reason, he's done a bit better than i have.

cheers;

Iain
16th Jun 2002, 23:43
Dude what is your problem?? All I was doing was passing on information I read earlier to people who would be interested, I can not see where in my post I came accross as 'bitter and twisted'.

>>Some pilots are so bitter and twisted maybe their mothers should have drowned them at birth!<<

As a person interested in a career in the aviation industry, you really make me wonder if I want to!

C Montgomery Burns
16th Jun 2002, 23:47
Obviously Iain is one of those about whom Capt PPRuNe has posted the sticky marked "Warning!!!"

Wino
17th Jun 2002, 01:21
Dunno if this would fit Danny's post as I hadn't heard about it on my side of the pond. I was under the impression he was referring to news that had been repeatedly rehashed and was known far and wide.

The editorial comment was probably OTT however. It will be interesting to see how this thread is treated.

Cheers
Wino

Lucifer
17th Jun 2002, 11:50
The Sunday Times reports:

Virgin are selling VEX slots to BA that are at useless times for them - BA will use them to launch 7th daily NYC service. Virgin are on the other hand buying more convenient times from Sabena that are unused by dat. Hence BA and Virgin both get more, and Virgin will use them to increase LHR services.

Iain - read the whole report before posting!

Iain
17th Jun 2002, 12:16
Admittedly I do not frequent this board (hardly surprising considering the way people treat each other) and have probably missed something. I had a quick scan through CaptPprune 'Warning' (I do not have time to read it word for word) and at a loss for what I have done wrong and where the barbaric thought that I would be better of dead comes from!?!?

Lucifer - I actually only saw the headline in the paper, and when I was surfing around last night I saw the headline again, I did only read the first paragraph or so however it did state VS was selling the slot.

AA717driver
17th Jun 2002, 15:09
Iain--There are always the anal-retentive types around to cross the "t's" and dot the "i's" of the rest of us who are imperfect:D .

Cheers.TC