PDA

View Full Version : Vulcan Displays - still going to happen?

rans6andrew
31st Aug 2015, 11:38
Following the slightly "knee jerk" reaction to historic fast jet display activity, has anyone seen anything definitive regarding the few final Vulcan display flights? The Vulcan to the Sky website still shows business as usual. I still want to catch another display or two before the final retirement in September.

Rans6.........

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of Pprune, I didn't know where else to post it to get your attention. Ta.

ScotsSLF
31st Aug 2015, 11:44
Vulcan due PIK for The Scottish Airshow on 5/6 September. Flying display on the Saturday over Ayr Bay with it on static display at the PIK PAX terminal on the Sunday.

DaveReidUK
31st Aug 2015, 11:55
XH558 displaying at Dunsfold on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt978lKyxGk

speedbird_481_papa
31st Aug 2015, 13:18
As far as I'm aware the CAA restriction is on classic/vintage aircraft performing aerobatics. Fly-by is fine still. Below is a quote from the CAA website:

Flying displays over land by vintage jet aircraft will be significantly restricted until further notice. They will be limited to flypasts, which means ‘high energy’ aerobatics will not be permitted

So because it is difficult for Vulcans to perform aeroboatics due to its very nature, She will be there!:ok:

Mr Oleo Strut
31st Aug 2015, 13:24
Good news! Lets make the best of the sight and sound of this fine old aircraft while we can. Saw her touch and go at Cranfield just a few yards away. Unforgetable!