PDA

View Full Version : New regional airline to take off Northwest - Airspeed Scone

continueapproach737
31st Aug 2015, 10:58
Media Release: Northwest Airlines - A Narrabri-based Airline for the people of the NSW Northwest - MyNarrabri (http://news.mynarrabri.com.au/media-release-northwest-airlines-a-narrabri-based-airline-for-the-people-of-the-nsw-northwest/)

Good news for regional NSW, Ben has announced 19 seater and 30 seater aircraft to run RPT to service regional nsw. Great news for pilots and engineers alike.

Be interesting to see what the 30 seat turbo prop will be....running two types..
Brasilia? -100?

Well done Ben

FPDO
31st Aug 2015, 22:29
All the best, what a great opportunity!

Horatio Leafblower
1st Sep 2015, 00:03
...it all depends on a lot of other things coming together, not least of which is NBR council's choice between us and the other proponents.

The MD of one other operator has already got slots into SYD, having told ACA that they have got Council's approval in the bag.

We have put up a proposal that delivers jobs and investment to Narrabri and Tamworth.

...who knows what happens next.

Capt Claret
1st Sep 2015, 01:30
Good luck Horatio (I know it'll need more than just luck - but you know what I mean), I wish you well.

BPA
1st Sep 2015, 12:35
All the best, hopefully the council don't fall for the shiny jet and see the benefits have having a local airline.

LeadSled
2nd Sep 2015, 02:09
Horatio,
Why doesn't the link work?
All a get is a "403 access to this server forbidden" --- never seen that one before.
Tootle pip!!

Horatio Leafblower
2nd Sep 2015, 02:37
No idea Leadsled,

it's from the My Narrabri website.

TWT
2nd Sep 2015, 03:47
Link works fine for me.

Hoofharted
2nd Sep 2015, 07:11
Good luck with it. Would be fantastic to see an aviation enterprise that has a heart succeed in an industry that has lost it's heart and soul along the way. :ok:

hiwaytohell
6th Sep 2015, 07:04
Horatio

Do you actually have RPT on your AOC?

red_dirt
6th Sep 2015, 07:10
I genuinely hope it works out but think it's a long shot

Why arnt people this supportive of other operators trying to have a go.

Horatio Leafblower
6th Sep 2015, 09:53
Highway

I would suggest we are 70-80% through the process, with the job suspended for the moment awaiting direction.

Horatio Leafblower
8th Sep 2015, 11:00
Thanks Highway. It's really encouraging to get that from an experienced operator such as yourself.

I agree with you though, ACA certainly believes that you have already won it. :ok:

Mr Stickshaker
18th Sep 2015, 23:20
Looks like NWA needs help!

http://australia.etbtravelnews.com/263711/new-proposal-to-revive-airline-services-to-nsws-north-west/

V1 rotated
7th Apr 2016, 21:36
Seems Northwest have won the route, do they have an RPT AOC though?
http://www.thecourier.net.au/news/northwest-airlines-chosen-for-narrabri-sydney-air-service/

Horatio Leafblower
7th Apr 2016, 23:44
Seems Northwest have won the route, do they have an RPT AOC though?

Nope.

Has been ready to go for nearly 12 months but waiting for some sort of decision to be made - it's a $100,000 exercise.

Of course, the FOI managing the project has just gone overseas for 6 weeks and there's no resources in CASA to start moving forward. :ugh:

Fieldmouse
8th Apr 2016, 04:55
Congratulations Horatio, a victory for persistence and common sense.
What a pity common sense needs to be extracted from some organisations with a crow bar. (and a ton of unnecessary expense).