PDA

View Full Version : Vueling

Habana2118
31st Aug 2015, 10:45
For all things Vueling...

So with rumours of expansion into Manchester, anyone think they likely to become a serious player from the UK on leisure routes... I'm sure IAG will want a greater slice of the cake moving forward

flying officer kite
31st Aug 2015, 11:45
I'm sure they will, they are constantly expanding, and do pretty well out of Cardiff, Belfast and the London airports. I can't remember if they fly to other parts of the UK?

LAX_LHR
31st Aug 2015, 13:40
They do fly to other parts of the UK from Barcelona. To Manchester, Edinburgh and Birmingham as well as the aforementioned Cardiff and Gatwick (they also fly to Heathrow, but not from Barcelona).

The mooted expansion at Manchester is the addition of flights from other bases to begin with, namely Ibiza, Florence, Seville, Palma and Alicante, with a gradual build up to a based operation. Manchester-Barcelona is already increased to daily flights next summer and bookable.

DaveReidUK
31st Aug 2015, 14:31
they also fly to Heathrow, but not from BarcelonaLHR to/from A Coruņa.

BAladdy
31st Aug 2015, 16:52
Vueling's seasonal EDI_BCN will operate year round starting W15. Flights will operate 2 x weekly.

stab3.5up
31st Aug 2015, 17:00
And talk of them taking on the EI sun routes from BHD. It would be nice to see BCN year round from BHD

LAX_LHR
31st Aug 2015, 17:48
I think it's just Belfast and Cardiff that are seasonal now.

Dublin is bookable as 8 weekly next summer. No flights on Thursday, but, 2 daily on Saturday and Wednesday.

More updates to come.

MKY661
31st Aug 2015, 17:52
We have a Vueling thread :)
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/464551-vueling.html

AerRyan
31st Aug 2015, 18:40
Any expansion from Ireland expected?

canberra97
31st Aug 2015, 19:16
Vueling used to operate from Southampton to Barcelona a couple of years ago three times weekly using a A319 it was hardly advertised and to be honest not many people actually knew who Vueling was, loads were very low and the route stopped after only one season and Flybe decided to fly the route a year later but that didn't last long and went from three to two flights a week.

With so many of the UK airports offering flights to Barcelona I can't understand why Southampton can not sustain regular flights to this fantastic city which I may add is my favourite city in Europe and it hurts me that I have to pass the airport on the M27 to catch my Barcelona flights from either LGW or LHR.

With Flybe gradually reducing their sun routes from SOU to Alicante, Malaga and Palma I would have thought that Vueling might have had an interest in flying from SOU once again as they would have the entire market to themselves.

The catchment area surrounding Southampton is huge and an affluent one was well and the sun routes are popular so come on Vueling give SOU another go as not everyone wants to fly Ryanair from BOH or make the treck up the M3 and M25 to either LGW or LHR.

At least I could use and gain my Avios with Vueling at my local airport.

Sean

davidjohnson6
31st Aug 2015, 19:38
mods - would you be kind enough to merge this thread with the main Vueling thread that MKY661 has identified ?

MKY661
9th Sep 2015, 11:12
No news on any other routes yet bookable btw.

EK77WNCL
9th Sep 2015, 18:32
Newcastle - Barcelona, x3 weekly now bookable