PDA

View Full Version : 1st go at ATPL's in AUG, Oh S*@T!!

CentrifugalBaby
26th Jul 2001, 19:03
Hi guys, Ive just teared myself away from those bloody manuals 4 2secs to pop in and 'av a look round. I am sitting my ATPL's at LGW in 2 wks time and really starting to brick it a bit! I have studied the course from home and have put a hell of a lot of hours in and i am just worried that the world's gonna fall round my very ears. Is this a normal feeling? Its just a case of going through everything again and trying to refresh the subjects that are in my head. Need a bit of re-assurance boys, 'av u got any for me? :D

Flying Farmer
27th Jul 2001, 11:23
CB
Dont fret!!!
Calm down, the worst thing to be doing at this time is getting jittery.
Took the techs in July and was a little suprised with some of the questions. Have a good overview of all the course work but try not to go to in depth.
Get youself up to Gatwick early to settle in and give yourself plenty of time to settle down Mon morning.
If your doing Mass + Balance be up to speed on shifting masses + C of G positions and all traffic load questions.

Flying Farmer

Superfly
27th Jul 2001, 11:52
Mate, I was exactly feeling the same last month before sitting the July exams, at a point I realised I just couldn't go in depth for all subjects as it would have taken me far more time. My technique was to practise and repractise the feedback questions provided by the excellent OATS and follow their guidelines, tips and tricks. don't be confused though, I practised the feedbacks times after times and improved my scores not by only remembering the answers (which any silly TW@T can do) but by figuring out why answer B was more correct than answer A for instance > so in case you see the same questions at the exam but worded in a different manner you make the mark anyway ;) . My method might not be the best and I'm sure that it can be criticized but the main thing is that it got me through first time with descent scores !

Hope this helped. SF

essex_boy
27th Jul 2001, 12:34
CentrifugalBaby
When you get asked to check the
paper go through it slowly find the big points when i sat M&B i was left with 2mins and a 3 and 4 pointers put me under a little pressure.
i stayed at Lgw the night before helps with mind set and i just looked at compressed notes and feed backs but i do have ints to resit

Good luck EB

CentrifugalBaby
27th Jul 2001, 22:43
Thanks for all the help and advice guys, I know it sounds silly, but when u talk to people that r in or have been in the same boat it makes u feel better. Not gonna worry anymore, be calm and I should sail through. C u up at FL350!!!!
Cheers. :D :D :D :D :D

AirScream
28th Jul 2001, 00:53
Before I Cu at FL350 I'm gonna Cu in that exam room CentrifugalBaby!! I'm gonna be there and I think Rigidity is too!

I'll be the one screamin :eek:

SOHCAHTOA
28th Jul 2001, 01:10
Best of luck mate.
Remember not to pick the first correct answer that jumps off the page but check the others just in case there is one more correct !!

After the event, any feedback stuff you can remember will be really appreciated by us who follow in your success ;)