PDA

View Full Version : Indonesia is vying for a place in the record books

captjns
30th Aug 2015, 13:32
Accident: Cardig B733 at Wamena on Aug 28th 2015, main gear collapse on landing (http://avherald.com/h?article=48b7a570&opt=0)

Tasmanian
30th Aug 2015, 14:41
That country definetely will not change ever... Total flying mess...

Massey058
30th Aug 2015, 15:14
It really seems to be getting worse. I feel lucky to have got out alive after 7 years.

coldastone17
30th Aug 2015, 16:20
Ooh...hiding behind a fake name and whacking a third world country! How pathetic...typical typical Caucasians! Give them a break mate!

Massey058
30th Aug 2015, 16:26
Ooh...hiding behind a fake name and whacking a third world country! How pathetic...typical typical Caucasians! Give them a break mate!

Haha. Caucasians are part of the problem, Mr fake name.

vfenext
30th Aug 2015, 18:26
Maybe we can give a break to the families of those who've been losing their lives with alarming regularity while these pilots continue to fly with wreckless abandon.

Massey058
30th Aug 2015, 18:33
Maybe we can give a break to the families of those who've been losing their lives with alarming regularity while these pilots continue to fly with wreckless abandon.

I hear what you're saying but this isn't a pilot's families forum. There are serious issues in Indonesia that need addressing.

I've seen a definite bell curve in terms of overall safety in the local industry. Things hit a real low around the time Adam Air was finally shut down and then began to improve. The Garuda renaissance is the obvious marker of the upward curve, but to an extent it happened in isolation. The critical mass wasn't there and the regulator is widely acknowledged as weak. Over the last couple of years there has been tinkering but this has not lead to any real change and hence the uptick in accidents that is now occurring.

It's all terribly sad because even in Indonesia aviation is still relatively small. There would be few pilots that haven't met a pilot who has ended up dead over the last few years.

lilflyboy262...2
30th Aug 2015, 20:59
Coldastone, they have been giving Indonesia "a break" for a very long time.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't captjns Indian? He has a lot to say on the Indian forums.

captjns
31st Aug 2015, 02:38
I am not from India. I've worked with an Indian carrier for 3 1/2 years.

Wizofoz
31st Aug 2015, 05:37
Reports say it was carrying 30,000KG of rice- 30 Tonnes in a 737-300?????

Either they meant pounds, or the reason for the accident just became obvious....